Parasound Halo HINT 6, new integrated, replacing HINT

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TerpStation, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

I like the Phono gain as well. The HINTO gain is a lot lower than my Lounge and line level gear.

MikeJedi likes this.
  2. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

B-Stock Parasound products are sold here - Safe and Sound HQ | Parasound B-Stock

They carry the same (up to) 5 Year Warranty as “A-Stock”.

Not seeing any Halos right now, but the stock constantly changes.

Strat-Mangler, Manimal and Kristofa like this.
  3. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

Chris: will existing stock of the outgoing HINT be discounted? Are you allowed to say?

MikeJedi likes this.
  4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I read they left in 2011 because they were losing money over here. Too bad since the products they've been offering in the last few years have been pretty interesting.

Currently have a JC3 Jr and had to get it via the US.

Bananas&blow likes this.
  5. WAFWarrior

WAFWarrior Well-Known Member

Pricing is between you and your dealer. There is a very limited supply of the HINT O :) out there.

Chris
    Parasound Products Inc.

Lebowski likes this.
  6. Lebowski

Thanks! I'm in contact my local dealer. However, they said they'd have to get one, so that does not bode well for me... :(

7. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Chris, this the part where you offer us all a substantial discount on remaining stock of HINT O via a "Forums-only" promo code to use at any local or online authorized retailer. :D :biglaugh:

Manimal, Tremaindous and punkmusick like this.
  8. WAFWarrior

WAFWarrior Well-Known Member

I would love to but.. look at the time! I gotta run!!!!!!

macster, 33na3rd, MusicNBeer and 6 others like this.
  9. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Representative of deadly serious audio gear ... AND a sense of humor? Awesome. :cool: :targettiphat:

10. Lebowski

Local dealer said he called Parasound and was told they're out of the HINTO. :(:(:(

11. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

Maybe give Safe and Sound a call? Like you, they’re in Mass. They don’t have any Halos listed on the website right now but they’ll probably get some in when people trade in their recently purchased Halo for a new Hint6.

1-800-820-6460

12. Lebowski

What would be the advantage of getting a used HINTO over a used combo of Halo P5/A23?
    Seem to be similarly spec'd, aside from the wattage difference. Maybe the DAC is better in the HINT?
    I'm running 100 wpc now, so the 125 would be a decent enough increase.

13. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Check audio advisor. I can almost guarantee as soon as they start selling the new one they will have demos and such for sale .. ;)

14. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Well I see you are running LS50's now. So sure 100 Watts or 125 will be plenty to power them. But will it get the best sound? I found it interesting that when KEF made active monitors in the LS50W, they chose a 230 watts amp to power the woofer!! I think the advantage of separates would be upgradability. If you like the sound of the P5, you could go to the A21 or the JC5. The A23 is readily available for a pretty low price used. For the performance and capability of 12 watts of Class A power, so is the A21. I think your answer lies in how power hungry your speakers are and if you plan on upgrading them to more power hungry speakers budget etc.

Manimal and Kristofa like this.
  15. Lebowski

A local-ish dealer (approx. 30 miles) has a HINTO demo on hold for me for $1,999. Seems like a good price, but not a great price for an outgoing model (and a demo unit at that). But I might drive out this weekend and get it for a demo. Any thoughts?

16. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

I got my demo unit for $2,200, so I think your price is great.

Lebowski likes this.
  17. Strat-Mangler

Are warranties from Parasound transferable? If no dealer has any, there are some used HINTO amps out there still within the warranty periods.

18. Lebowski

This one would come with full warranty.

19. SirAngus

SirAngus Forum Resident

Compare that to outgoing Oppos and that"s a great price. I paid full pop for my HINTO.

20. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

Ask them for the O-HINT.......bet they have those! :cool:

HINTs have never been easy to get, they sell very quickly. It took me probably a few weeks of constant calling and online checking with Audio Advisor last year when I bought mine. The HINT has a better DAC than the P5, the P5 does not do DSD.

Lebowski, MikeJedi and punkmusick like this.
  21. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Yeah get it used on eBay or Audiogon for like $1700 instead. :). Got my $2500 A21 off Audiogon for $1600 if I remember correctly.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  22. Strat-Mangler

Goes back to my question ; are Parasound warranties transferable?

23. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

Strat, this from the Parasound website under support about warranty:

"Limitations on Persons and Products Covered
    This warranty, and all rights provided hereunder, are limited to the original owner. In the event that the original owner transfers ownership of the Product prior to expiration of the applicable term stated in "Scope of Duration" above, this Warranty shall terminate in its entirety upon the date of such transfer. In addition, Parasound does not warrant in any way Products which are purchased from anyone who is not an Authorized Parasound Dealer, Authorized Parasound Custom Installer, Authorized Parasound System Integrator or Authorized Parasound Reseller. Therefore, if this Product falls into any of the foregoing categories, this Warranty is void."

24. Strat-Mangler

I saw that but it's still ambiguous. If the unit was initially purchased from an authorized dealer and then is sold to a different individual (via this msg board, for instance), does the warranty carry over onto the next owner or is the selling party still regarded as an unauthorized source and therefore the warranty doesn't carry over and is then void?

25. Lebowski

Seems pretty clear that it only applies to the original owner.

macster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.