Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

I was going to ask where it was. I will check the SHM Mini LP at the weekend and see if its fixed on that one after finding it first on the Deluxe version.

2. Joost van Gijzen

Joost van Gijzen Avada Kedavra, MF's!

I will, but my OCD still requires a perfect physical copy...

Lewisboogie and Mr. Explorer like this.
  3. supermd

supermd Senior Member

You should get that looked at. ;)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

For those who have it, the Ultimate Archive version was compiled using the unlimited downloads, so no glitch on Magneto! :righton:

5. Did I ever?

Did I ever? Forum Resident

PAUL McCARTNEY 2018 CATALOGUE REISSUES OUT MAY 18 VIA MPL/Capitol

NEW
    Chaos And Creation In The Backyard
    Wings Greatest
    Thrillington

So what does this say about the future of the archive collection program? Something? Nothing? The word archive is never used in context with this release unlike the last batch of color vinyls.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  6. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

People have been trying to make sense of it on this thread, read the latter pages...
    Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Did I ever? likes this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Nothing.

The previous batch of color LPs were all reissues of the previous ARCHIVE sets that appeared on the Concord label. Thus, the word "Archive" was necessary to provide the proper information.

This time around, the 4 albums are not part of the Archive series, as it exists so far. Maybe one day in the future, there might be an Archive set of, for example, Chaos or New; Or maybe there won't ever be one. We don't know.

8. Did I ever?

Oh I must have missed the discussion of this! Thanks

Oyster Boy likes this.
  9. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

It says that the fact the remaining Wings albums haven’t had straight reissues is a ‘Good Sign’.

10. Did I ever?

That’s what I’m hoping for! Interesting that they didn’t squeeze out a color vinyl for FITD yet.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. Joey_Corleone

Joey_Corleone Forum Resident

Chaos and Creation would be great, if they make it decent sounding. Wings Greatest, I see the reasoning, but not for me. Thrillington? haha...I think I am happy with the CD from the RAM set. I'd much rather they carry on and give us the Archive Collection treatment on stuff like Off the Ground, and Flaming Pie.

12. albert_m

albert_m Forum Resident

haos, won't be remastered though, right? It's just a straight reissue isn't it?

13. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

That is indeed my understanding of it. Same with New.

Oyster Boy likes this.
  14. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Maybe a bit less compressed also counts as a 'remaster'. But the album itself sounds better than Memory Almost Full.

15. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I just re-listened to most of this album and its b-sides for the first time in a year, and I enjoyed it more than I remember. For as much of a great song as it is, I always forget about "Put It There:" great sentiment, great melody and lyrics, sung well - a really lovely song. The same can be said for "Distractions." I like the arrangement of it. It's a delicate song in this form.

I have, over the last year, listened to the acoustic demos many times, but yesterday was the first time I had heard the finished album versions in a year. They are pretty good. I seem to remember them being waaay overproduced and losing the spirit of the demos, but I don't think that's so true anymore. Paul does a great job on the finished album with "My Brave Face," "You Want Her Too," "Don't Be Careless Love," and "That Day Is Done." They underwent the transition/translation to finished studio track really well. Too bad the same cannot be said of "The Lovers That Never Were" on Off the Ground...

Bonus: I am no longer driven crazy by the vocals on "Flying to My Home." :) They are still a :confused: moment, but I enjoy them a lot more.

16. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

17. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

18. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

i am trying to organise my music library. where would the 3 paulmccartney.com song downloads go?

- distractions [demo]
    - this one [demo]
    - back on my feet [demo]

should they go on disc 2, the 'original demos'? or disc 3, the '1988 demos'?

thanks.

19. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

All three demos date from 1987. So put it On disc 2.

Hep Alien, Claudio Dirani and qtrules like this.
  20. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

thanks!

21. I checked my copies of the demos and one is .mp3 and the other two are .m4a. Does this jive with everyone else’s, and why would that be? Thanks.

22. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

the ones from the site? all three of mine are mp3.

23. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

So I have [Disc 1], [Disc 2], [Disc 3] as they are on physical. Then I have the 13 download only tracks (Back on my Feet through Party Party club mix) labeled as [Disc 4]. A fifth album is labeled [Cassette Demos] and a sixth one as [Online Bonus].

Having the cassette demos separate from Disc 4 may be a bit unnecessary, but I like having the online bonus as it’s own iTunes disc/album, like I do for TOW/POP/V&M/RAM

Hep Alien and qtrules like this.
  24. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

that's an interesting way to organise! i just tacked the download songs to the end of the bonus discs for the other archive releases because there weren't as many extra discs. flowers in the dirt is really the anomaly in the collection.

Lewisboogie and Mr. Explorer like this.
  25. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Are you asking how to tag the digital files, or how to arrange them when burning to CD? If it's how to tag the files I'm happy to show a screen print of what I've done, in case any of it sounds like a decent plan to you.

Mr. Explorer likes this.