Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Hud, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild Thread Starter

I did a search, and it looks like there isn't a thread for this yet.

I haven't seen Fallen Kingdom yet, but I will. I like to wait a week or two when it comes to "blockbusters" so I don't have to be in a completely full theater.

The first trailer didn't get me excited, but the second one made it look better. I haven't heard much good about the movie, but I will see it anyway, kind of a personal obligation.

Has anyone seen it yet? Did you like or dislike?

2. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

It is okay. With a few serious plot flaws. Not worth $60.00 for tickets, 2 small bags of popcorn and drinks. Not as good as the previous film but there were a few location twists.

SandAndGlass, alexpop, Vidiot and 3 others like this.
  3. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I saw it last Friday. I like it for what it is. This one had more action and dinosaurs scenes, it seemed, that the previous one. Basic plots are similar regarding corporate greed and making the corporation out to be the real villains. This one does have an interesting subplot twist about a little girl (which I guessed before being revealed.) The little girl was one of the best things about the movie besides the badass dinosaur action and mayhem.

Frankh, SandAndGlass and The Hud like this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

that's why I wait for the BD...just couldn't justify that purchase...but, yes the big screen makes quit a difference when it comes to Dinosaur action! I saw the first 2 JP at the movies...awesome! much cheaper then. : )

SandAndGlass and longdist01 like this.
  5. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Yeah, I may see it at second showing local theater before BR becomes available just for share size of the dino battles on the screen!

6. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Worth using my MoviePass for, but not much more. Just the usual dino-fun with an underdeveloped and mostly irrelevant sub-plot with a little kid.

longdist01 and The Hud like this.
  7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

cool! love Dinosaurs since i was a youngster. : ) JP was a dream come true of realistic Dinos on the big screen and home video.

gd0 and longdist01 like this.
  8. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Entertaining to watch the Dino's at an Outdoor Drive-In Franklin, KY, but really weak plot and acting. Clearly the worst of the JP/JW movies for me.
    Unlike the first Jurrassic World movie, Opie's daughter shows no growth through this film and doesn't seem to have much to do.

9. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Haven't watched it. But I will. Im a sucker for a good dinosaur movie. Im even a sucker for a bad one.

10. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Haven't seen it yet but is it really worse than JP III?

11. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

i thought Lost World was dumb and this one looks dumber. definitely passing. Dumb and Dumber on the other hand was awesome :)

John Moschella and ssmith3046 like this.
  12. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

You might be right. I try to expunge JP 3 from my mind. So it may be worse, but these two films are in a battle for the basement.

13. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Dumb and Dumberer on the other hand....

14. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

true

15. The Hud

3 has actually grown on me with repeated viewings. World is my least favorite at the moment, but I expect Fallen Kingdom to challenge it for the bottom of the basement.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  16. All but the first are utterly idiotic. And yet I still watch them all hoping an annoying kid will get eaten....nope, not to date.:D

SandAndGlass likes this.
  17. socorro

socorro Forum Resident

Don't go looking for acting or story, but if you just wanna get your Dino on, you'll get what you came for.

robertawillisjr and neo123 like this.
  18. DPM

DPM Senior Member

I'm a dino nut from way back, so I understand what you're saying. Still, if they can't come up with a decent script for this series there are other options--such as, a remake of Valley Of Gwangi or some other old claymation era film featuring these beasts.

19. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

"Claymation" ....... I think just I heard Ray Harryhausen yelling expletives from 6 feet under.

20. The Hud

@#$_&-+ Dynamation!

21. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Gave this a pass last weekend, just didn't fancy it, same old. I'll no doublt get the DVD ( that'll suffice )cheap.

22. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I was planning to see this movie in the Theater(like I did for all the prior JP/JW Movies), as there are certain Movies that are meant to be seen on the large screen, but after seeing the Trailer a few times, I just lost my interest to go see this Movie. I enjoyed JW while watching it in the Theater, but never gave it any thought by the next day and it seemed to have not left any lasting impression on me(did not buy the BluRay like I did for the first 3 JP Movies). With the reviews overall saying that the Plot is weak, and if in fact this movie is worse than the prior JW Movie, seems not only like a waste of money, but also a waste of time.

I kind of enjoyed the last Godzilla Movie though from3-4 years ago, and think there is suppose to be a sequel from the same people, who made that Godzilla Movie, so unless the overall reviews will be terrible, I will go see that movie.

You do not go to these Movies to see Great Acting(although Bryan Cranston was in the last Godzilla Movie), so I am not expecting anything more than a good fun time, but at least want to see a decent movie plot in these Dinosaur/Monster Movies.

I am stoked for the Halloween Movie this Fall that is suppose to be a different sequel to the original Halloween Movie(despite the same Title and not being labeled, 'Halloween 2'). Apparently, this new Halloween Sequel is suppose to be viewed by not recognizing that any of the other post Halloween Movies were ever made(I got to admit that 4 & 5 were still fun to watch and I rewatch them every 2-3 years during October), but I thought H20, was a pretty good way to bring a conclusion to the story and with Jamie Lee Curtis in that movie, it will be hard to pretend that H20 was never made, and that her role in this New Halloween Movie should override her role in H20(unless I misunderstood the intent of this New Halloween Movie to serve as the proper Sequel to the Original Movie.

Just a side note, but IMO-the Original Halloween is really not that Scary if you take away the Soundtrack that sets the Atmosphere for the Scenes in that Movie. Goes to show you how Music used in a Movie can really enhance the Final Product and in this case, make a Scary Movie, well Scary.

23. overdrivethree

overdrivethree Forum Resident

Saw this with my bandmates last weekend. We were on a quick weekend tour with time to kill, so we went to a local theater and checked this out.

My take: if you can get past feeling insulted by Hollywood cynically cranking out a pile of obvious garbage, branding it "Jurassic Park" and knowing you'll be dumb enough to plop down $ to watch it...

It's so artfully terrible, cliched, retconn-y, with plenty of wooden acting (even you, Chris Pratt) that it's 100% enjoyable as mindless entertainment. My bandmate and I were riffing on it MST3K-style at a couple points. I hope Riff Trax/MST3K do something with this, in fact - it would be a crime against comedy not to.

cleandan and Vidiot like this.
  24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm waiting for another sequel: Dumbest.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  25. aussievinyl

aussievinyl Appreciator Of Creative Expression

I thought it was OK. You need to see some films on the big screen for the sound design and this was one of those. I was a little surprised by the direction the plot took and that was fine.
    The director definitely has a thing for physical attributes, I will say that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.