Big Brother 20 Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

We're on the verge of June, and we have a date for the next US season of Big Brother. On June 27, BB20 will open and we will meet the contestants. I know I post in here every year, but I have plenty of time on my hands, so I'll be watching as much as possible. I'll post spoilers as before because most people won't be watching the live feeds. With that said, I'll post this BB fan YouTube video. There are some rabid fans of the show. I've always watched the show for the interactions of the House Guests (HGs), some people are even more involved. (I couldn't even remember who won last year until I saw a video with the two finalists from last year. Let's have an interesting summer!

Dark Mavis, DaveySR and Jamey K like this.
  2. DaveySR

DaveySR Forum Resident

Yeah, please no All-Stars. And no Paul!:tsk:

paulewalnutz, zephyr25 and rburly like this.
  3. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

4. Dark Mavis

Dark Mavis Local Congressman

I'm perpetually disappointed with this show, but I tune in every year and get bummed out just the same. I guess the only thing that will save me this year will be an appearance by Cody or his rat-terrier sidekick, so I wouldn't have to think twice about not watching it.

5. GlobalObserver

The show is a mere husk of its former self.

Too much production interference. Too much scripted nonsense.

The comps are meaningless now. Everyone throws them.

Too much food available for everyone. Even the 'not haves' seem to be stuffing their faces constantly. I miss the old food comps.

Having said that, I'm still looking forward to it. :pineapple:

6. DaveySR

DaveySR Forum Resident

Yeah, they haven't concentrated on the suffering of the "have-nots" lately.

7. rburly

And all the ways they cheat to have food under their covers at night. It’s a personality contest.

8. GlobalObserver

On Monday, June 18 at 11 AM ET / 8 AM PT, CBS All Access subscribers will be able to meet the new HGs before anyone else, thanks to the Big Brother Live Feeds!

MikaelaArsenault and rburly like this.
  9. rburly

10. rburly

11. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I looked over the new cast, and it's the same ol' same ol'. But, at least there are no vets coming back, or there had better not be. :mad:

There doesn't seem to be as many frat boy types this year, and there seems to be more women. Unfortunately, they still cast a few semi-famous people.

Anyway, i'm ready for this. Bring it on!

MikaelaArsenault and rburly like this.
  12. rburly

I've watched all the interviews (5-6 minutes each) and this season seems to be like most. Fortunately no returning players. You have a pretty good cross-section of people. The guy from Orlando, "Fessy", is an ex (college?) football player who will be pumping iron most of the season. JC, a young guy from W. Hollywood should be great to watch. He 4'8" (if that!) but can be very funny. "Rockstar" reminds me of someone from a past season (I practically forget everyone after the show is over) who I predict will have issues with some people.

Everyone, almost, wants to win "like Derrick." One guy is an retired undercover narcotics cop/college professor but plans to tell the "kids" that he works on cars. I wanna call him Steve, but maybe not. He says, "Derrick killed it for us undercover cops." lol He will be interesting to watch. One woman, Sandra is her name I believe, was a professional pole vaulter (not anymore) and has a strong personality that may threatening to the other women (she predicts), so she plans to "stay under the radar," as most other people plan to do.

It starts at 8 pm tonight. See you there! ;)

13. Grant

Yeah, it's the same routine. I think if anything eventually kills the show, it will be the producers' lack of imagination, but at the same time, they can't go too far off the established game because it will confuse and frustrate the viewers. Remember that winter online BB of a couple of years ago? (I never did finish watching it, but it was good! It had some of the nastiest people ever!)

I forgot and scheduled myself to work tonight, so i'll have to set up the DVR and hope I doesn't screw up the programming, since I so rarely ever use it.

14. DaveySR

DaveySR Forum Resident

I've got favorite already: Kaycee. She looked so tough in her uniform, but got a bad break in the comp. She looks safe this week. Things can turn on a dime, so I may feel different next week.

15. Grant

I don't have any favorites this year, but a couple of the women are HOT!

Swiggy put a huge target on his back for his arrogance, and I think he just screwed himself by picking the wrong team to be safe for the week.

I can't stand the fashion model. She's stuck on herself.

I'm very surprised no one has caught on to the "Rachael" connection because this one looks so much like the other houseguest (though there is no relation between the two).

That former cop may think he's being slick, but he stands out like a sore thumb.

I can see the one the producers decided to concentrate on this year: the body-building. Latino gay midget. Will he and the hillbilly welder clash over culture?

Will the surfer dude and the cyber "bro" clash over the Texan hottie who vaguely looks like racist Texan Aaryn Gries?

Mind you, I haven't signed up for the live feeds yet.

stuwee and rburly like this.
  16. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Tall or short, all the body builders are extremely annoying to listen to. For that matter so is the guy who won the comp, and the cop...pretty unlikable bunch of guys.

rburly likes this.
  17. rburly

I don't have any favorites either. There are some hot girls, but last night we really didn't get to see any real interactions. It was all taped, so thanks CBS.

Snaggy J went out too hard and and is falling into the trap of winning early, placing a big target on his back next week. And, I agree that he picked the wrong group to save.

Have to agree.

When I was watching her interview, a couple of times I thought it actually was Rachel (previous winner). There's more than just a resemblance between them.

Steve will continue to stick out like a sore thumb if he makes his feelings known to more than one person.

I don't know if she'll bring up his sexuality, but their personalities could clash if she survives this eviction.

Cyber bro said in his interview that a showmance would stop him from winning the game, but he said that it could come up, which would probably put a target on his back at some point.

There haven't been any live feeds yet. That starts later on tonight. I really won't have a good feel for who is playing well until the live feeds start tonight.

18. Grant

He also showed everyone on the first day that he cannot be trusted. The beauty queen tried to tell him that he's playing too hard, but he didn't listen. I chalk it up to youth and culture.

The producers insist they are not related, but something's up. Didn't they pull something like this before? My memory is fuzzy, but wasn't the other Rachel's sister in the house a year or two ago?

I'm sure a couple of houseguests have already wondered about him. Steve keeps eyeing everyone like he's studying them, and he's the oldest person in there. He acts like a creep.

I hate that that there are so many stereotypes in da house this year, and she's another one.

How many times have we heard that? Someone says they won't get in to a showmance, and what's the first thing they do? Get into a showmance that compromises their game. Look what happened to the violent anyi-social Marine and his yapping chihuahua last year.

19. rburly

I've just started watching the live feedd and see Swaggy & Baleigh kissing under the covers while Fessy comes into the room after snacking. A little to early for this, right?

20. rburly

Just updating... Tyler is the HOH and the noms are Sam and Steve.

21. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

The season just started and I'm already irked by it. Sam has really gotten the shaft by her group being sent down the shaft in the first place. It seems extremely unfair to punish the two team "losers" so unequally. Even their challenge was more difficult than the other team had. But overall everyone else on the two teams had totally equal outcomes between them except Sam. Maybe it's just poor editing, or purposely trying to distort what is really going on. But it appeared in the broadcasts that Sam being stuck as a robot lasts much longer overall than the other what's-her-name only having to stay in the area she is in when her necklace spins. Even if it is technically the same amount of time both "punishments" happen between them, Sam's situation actually is a punishment, the other one is no big deal really in comparison. People are naturally more likely to ignore a piece of plastic rolling around, or standing out of the way, than another person sitting in a room. To make it all worse, Sam seems like basically the only genuine and nice person in there. I'm really going to be pissed off if she is one of the first to go.

F the producers of this show.:cussing: :buttkick:

rburly likes this.
  22. rburly

Ouch! ^^^

Sam is out of robot mode when they say the Robot is offline. She was by herself all last night, but has been out for a while today. And other live feeders are angry too. She's talking to her family and friends (to the camera). I think she'll be ok this week. Snazzy J is gonna take her off the block after he wins the POV and he's going to put someone else up. Otherwise, Steve will likely go home. Veto challenge is today (later).

applebonkerz likes this.
  23. Grant

I'm telling you, Swag is young and impatient. I don't know how long he'll last, but he's the kind of guy I wouldn't like in real life.

I looked over their bios, and see them on camera. There isn't a single person in that house, save maybe Winson, that I would want to be around. I notice how just about every one of them are jocks, or like to work out. I wonder why.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  24. Grant

I'm not as enamoured of Sam as you are, but I have a feeling that the producers don't like her. I have an idea why, and I think it's political, for the same reason I think they will try to make JC, Swaggy, and the chick who looks like Rachael stars of the show.

25. Grant

I'm sayin' this, too: Steve stands out too much, and I think people are on to him that he's some sort of person who knows how to gather intelligence on people. It's also his stature and age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.