New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Maybe he’s not aware of the fact that the spine is indeed upside down. I’ve never seen that before, certainly not on two titles in a row. I’m sure Shane wants constructive criticism as well as the acolytes.

George P and HanowarHAIL like this.
  2. You make a good point, I didn’t think about that.

AlmanacZinger and IR Shane like this.
  3. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

How would you rate the packaging of that Stealers Wheel product sitting next to it?

IR Shane likes this.
  4. I’m actually more interested in how he would rate the Donny & Marie LP directly under it . . . :whistle:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Isamet likes this.
  5. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

The Stealers Wheel packaging was more like a 7.5 out of 10. Entirely because of the plastic sleeve inside. It ended up creased during production/assembly, so that by the time I received it, the disc was "stained" on the non-label side, so that wrinkles from the plastic sleeve were imprinted on the disc surface. I sold that copy and bought another one that didn't have that problem. I bet switching to a cloth-like inner sleeve (like the ones that MFSL uses) would've solved that problem.

Craig.

EDIT: In case you're curious, here is the listing on SHF classifieds that I used to sell that "stained" disc, including photos of what I'm talking about:
    http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...ervention-records-kevin-gray-mastered.725959/

6. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

It does a great job as a coaster, preventing my cold beer from putting a water ring on the side table.

7. :righton:

I have a set too, I just couldn’t resist.

[​IMG]

IR Shane and CraigVC like this.
  8. George P

George P Notable Member

:agree:

9. stonedhenge

stonedhenge Forum Resident

Is there even such a thing as the "correct" orientation of lettering on the spine? I look through my collection and see plenty of both orientations. Who is "correct"? (I couldn't give a rat's a**e).

IR Shane and ad180 like this.
  10. I'd guess 95% of my CDs (a 5-digit collection) or more have the opposite of the spine orientation found on the Gene Clark SACD. It's an easy enough fix when shelving them spine out. You just have them inserted backwards on a shelf. It's not a real problem except for OCD collectors.

IR Shane and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  11. art

art Senior Member

Holy **** does the Gene Clark SACD sound incredible. I know this album up one side and down the other. Never heard it anywhere near this great.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  12. Which title are you referring to?

IR Shane likes this.
  13. art

art Senior Member

Gene Clark

IR Shane and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  14. :righton:

IR Shane likes this.
  15. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

It’s always nice to find an Intervention release on the doorstep. There’s not a lot to say about the 100% Fun LP that hasn’t been said dozens of times before about prior releases. It’s just another impeccably carried out great sounding reissue. The formula here is so predictable it’s getting boring, in a good way.

16. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I tried to meet with the folks at 4AD when I was in London twice in the past three years. They would not take the time to even talk on the phone with me.

17. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Ha!

I got further with Huey...

IR Shane likes this.
  18. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

YES! THANKS!

eelkiller likes this.
  19. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

As long as the music isn't boring!! How did you like the extra tracks?

20. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I did think about doing that very thing, but the run times were such that Ryan believed (correctly) that we'd get a killer cut on the original repertoire on two sides. And then I just thought it would be fun to run the extras at 45 RPM, easy fit and easy cut.

ellingtonic and googlymoogly like this.
  21. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Is this true?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  22. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

The Gene Clark Sings For You release, Mike Nesmith's RCA remasters, Cowboy re-releases, a new Poco 2fer SACD, IR's White Light and Burrito Deluxe SACDs...so much fine country-rock being (re)released this year. :cool:

Getting near, time for a beer...:cheers:

IR Shane likes this.
  23. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Given that I use CD booklet cases to save space, I don't even see CD spines anymore.

IR Shane likes this.
  24. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Squier and White Light were done around the same time and inadvertently have "upside down" spine text. I discovered that Squier, which came out months ago, was done this way only after looking at White Light and then pulling Gilded Palace for comparison. Since the fix (flipping them to store them) is so easy I don't see this as an issue. If I do a reprint I'll do my best to fix it. And future SACDs should be oriented correctly.

Craig, jhm, MartinR and 4 others like this.
  25. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Sometimes I think you're the most chill and sensible member of the forum.