Big Brother 20 Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Oh I bet her politics and mine mix like oil and water. But I still prefer her personality so far over someone as annoying as I-have-my-fake-name-printed-in-big-letters-on-every-shirt-I-brought-to-the-game-because-I'm-an-egomanic guy.

Grant likes this.
  2. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Strange how this Dutch 'invention' died a fast death after a few seasons and it's still a hit in other places! Agreed; we are always tinkering around with the same idea, but the original Big Brother is a thing of the past now in The Netherlands....

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Yeah, I don't think I like her politics, either. I'm just saying that I think the producers might get their little digs.

The guy who takes rides with his dog seems genuine. Let's see how right I am. I also have a problem with people who have to have their name all over the place. The guy is looking for his 15 minutes of fame. Let's hope that's all it is, 15 minutes.

applebonkerz likes this.
  4. Grant

The original Big Brother had their houseguests growing their own food, slaughtering their own chickens, and washing their own clothes with a tub and washboard. They still do that in many other countries, but not the U.S.. They tried that the very first season and it had the effect of bringing the houseguests together, not good for ratings. Now, not just in the U.S., but in other countries, they like conflict. They like fiery arguments and obnoxious people, so, they give them time to do nothing but scheme against each other. They have washing machines and dryers, and buy their food at the local Ralph's down the street.

Yovra likes this.
  5. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

Fessy (Faysal) won POV. Faysal Shafaat, the substitute teacher from Orlando and former American Ninja Warrior contestant, won a competition which involved some kind of obstacle course which included an underwater component, paintballs being fired at the players, electric shocks and snakes. Several houseguests, (including Steve, the former undercover cop) had welts and bruises on their bodies from the paintballs. JokersUpdates.com: BB News & Rumors - Veto played, secret power disclosed?

I may have said this before, but if so, it bears repeating. These people, all but a few, have been "playing" so hard that that they're overplaying, overthinking everything. They were in Tyler's HOH room all day. Maybe it's better to play hard than not at all, but they're all so paranoid. Tyler is much smarter than he let on and thinks he has it all figured out. When he;s alone in his room, he talks to the live feeders about what's going on. A little while ago he said that the house is broken into 2 sides, but there are too many people (for me) to figure out the sides. Swaggy Chris has been "in charge" which is off putting, so we'll see how far he goes. Sam is a good ol' girl who told Tyler, "Don't worry, I have a thing." It's interpreted that she has a power that will keep her safe. My early prediction is that Scottie will win. He gets where he needs to be when things are happening, but doesn't draw attention to himself like most others do.

6. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

All of the scheming and intrigues would be interesting if it wasn't scripted.

7. Grant

rburly likes this.
  8. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

did she say what her politics are? I mightve missed it, don't let the accent fool ya, stuarts draft isn't exactly mayberry

bb.aren't scripted. now the reality of the real housewives is another story

9. rburly

Basically just for the sake of communicating what is or isn't happening. Apparently there two sides that oppose each other. The "safe" side and "not safe" groups of 8, though someone said that there's an alliance of 9 people, which is absurd. In other TMZ news, Haleigh (the cute blonde, does it matter which one at this point?) slept with both Tyler over night through the morning yesterday and then with Fessy later in the day. I saw that. But apparently Fessy told her to back off, so she's wearing a Scarlet Letter today. Actually, as I type, Steve is the only person up and no one else is up. Flashback (live feeds) hasn't worked since they opened the live stream. Lots of people are angry about it. Some people in the chat are saying that if Sam actually has a special power that no one will be evicted this week. That would be too bad because they really need to thin the heard.

10. Grant

In the very first show last Wednesday, when CJ, the short Spanish guy, was telling everyone he is a part of the LGBT community, the minute he said it, they did her voiceover with her comment [paraphrase] "I'm out of this". That was a not-so-subtle hint about her politics. That's why they edited her comments in the way they did. They hope it would eventually be an issue.

The producers knew this, of course. When they screen the contestants, they find this stuff out. Remember last year with the ex-marine and his yapping chihuahua?? They knew they were intolerant bigots with social issues before they selected them. The producers do that to ensure controversy and fireworks in the house. They really don't want a cast that will play nice because that's not good for ratings. If bad things happen, they know the audience won't like it, but it makes them watch.

11. rburly

Apparently the Veto meeting was done yesterday and Fessy didn't use the veto, so it's still Steve and Sam. My guess would be that Steve will be evicted. Just a guess though.

12. Grant

I agree. A lot of the houseguests are feeling sorry for Sam having to be a robot and not being able to fully participate. Sam seems to be a genuinely nice person. I'm thinking they have no use for Steve. Besides, he is older, and comes off that way. Maybe the producers need to star looking for more youthful older people so they don't get kicked out so early in the game.

Other thoughts: Swaggy C had better watch it. He's going to get played, and his narcissism is blinding him to the fact that not everyone likes him. If he would just tone it down...

I'm really pissed off at the viewers. They most likely don't like fessy because he's a Muslim, and i'm sure that crossed his mind when he turned out to be the least favorite houseguest. Not only that, the producers were mighty insensitive when they offered up "Hamazon" in the punishments.

Again, BB is a reflection of where we are as a country. It's sad.

zephyr25 and rburly like this.
  13. rburly

I've decided to stop the live feeds. The cast aren'r worth watching during their down time. That and the chat rooms are now overrun with childish non sequiturs that make even that experience leaving a bad taste in my mouth. It's almost impossible to get a reasonable answer these days.

And, Grant, I hope you don't mind if I quote you, because it's true and I've stopped watching news as well.

"Again, BB is a reflection of where we are as a country. It's sad." So true.

14. the pope ondine

i think you read that wrong. rewatch it. she said she was 'out of it' because she thinks hes cute and she likes him but he's gay so she cant have him. watch the feeds; theyre friends (even had a mock wedding today) and hes actively trying to lobby for her to stay.

Dr. Bogenbroom and DaveySR like this.
  15. DaveySR

DaveySR Forum Resident

The show really effed with them with that robot. LOL

Grant likes this.
  16. Grant

I think I read it right. I do think the producers were trying to pique the audience's interest in some potential conflict. Remember: the producers are always trying to keep the ratings up. Allison Grodner. Cough! Cough!

Anyway, I think she'll stay. She has the support of a lot of the houseguests. I haven't been watching the feeds, but I think Steve may be on his way out.

DaveySR likes this.
  17. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I'm not liking this season at all, have barely watched it and likely will just tune in at the very end.

rburly likes this.
  18. Grant

I think one of the problems now is that they jump right into the nominations and punishments. In years past, they would wait a week or two before they started the process. They are indeed trying to pack in more and more into the season, even while lengthening it. And, a lot of it has shifted to online viewing.

The houseguests have grown progressively worse, and, again, that's a reflection of where we are as a country. We have anti-socials, racists, sexists, narcissists, those who are generally rude, the worst stereotypes, and houseguests and producers constantly trying to promote agendas and push careers. Most of the houseguests are either wannabe stars, or already famous in some way. And, a most of the audience has a mob mentality. That said, the most interesting BB for me was "Over The Top", which was online only. A bit of it was still staged, but, it had some of the nastiest people imaginable, arguably worse than the main summer version. That mean girls alliance was the pitts. The celeb BB was so boring that I quit watching it. Maybe BB has run its course.

But, i'll keep watching, just to see how far Swaggy makes it, and if he can tone down his arrogance.

19. DaveySR

DaveySR Forum Resident

No doubt the show has no problems with innuendos, but, of course, they would swiftly throw out anyone that started any kind of anti-whatever rant.

Grant likes this.
  20. Grant

The shows producers can't seem to stay out of the way, yet they are criticizes when they don't do anything. It's ALL about ratings. The show has long ceased to be any kind of social experiment.

rburly and DaveySR like this.
  21. rburly

'Big Brother' Season 20 Contestants Accused of Racism and Sexual Harassment

Fans are outraged over the behavior of some of the show's cast members.

Big Brother season 20 is facing controversy over comments and actions by some of the show's contestants.

On Monday night, on the show's 24/7 live feed, cast members Angela Rummans and Rachel Swindler used the term "ghetto" when referring to their skin color.

Swindler then compared her tan to her African-American roommate Bayleigh Dayton. "My stomach is as dark as Bay," she said. "I can't be in the sun for two days straight. … I will change ethnicities. I already have."

Rummans responded: "I'm looking ghetto here with the skin coloration."

Rummans also compared fellow castmember Chris "Swaggy C" Williams' hair to that of a "rodent."

Viewers of the show were quick to pick up the comments, calling the women racist on Twitter and urging the show's producers to step in.

This is not the first outcry from fans this season. Fans previous accused JC Mounduix of sexual harassment for inappropriately touching other contestants' genitals with an ice cream scooper, as seen on Big Brother's live feed. Fans on Twitter have called for Mounduix's removal from the show because of his actions.

In 2013, the series was plagued with controversy after some of its season 15 contestants exhibited overt racism during their time on the show.

Before viewing the show's 24/7 live feed, CBS has in place a note that reads: "Big Brother is a reality show about a group of people who have no privacy 24/7. At times, the Houseguests may reveal prejudices and other beliefs that CBS does not condone. Views or opinions expressed by a Houseguest are those of the individuals speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS. Viewer discretion is advised."

CBS did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

'Big Brother' Season 20 Contestants Accused of Racism and Sexual Harassment

This happened after I cancelled my live feeds, but it doesn't surprise me. There is no one that I enjoyed watching this season. I'll watch the show, but I'm sure CBS would rather have the live feed viewers. I couldn't in good conscience pay to watch this group of people.

22. DaveySR

DaveySR Forum Resident

Everybody everywhere feels more emboldened with that kind of behavior now for some reason.

jon9091 and Grant like this.
  23. the pope ondine

she didn't say it like that though, she said shes out of the running to be with jc cause hes gay. not saying I know her politics, but in this case she didn't say anything negative about him being gay, just "hes cute as a button but goshdarn it hes gay so im out of the running"

ps the house is split but steve has the votes to stay so sambot will be leaving tursday. maybe. theres also a twist in play

24. Grant

Since i'm not in the mood to belabor this issue, and I didn't say with any certainty that this is how she really feels, so i'll just say that I perceived that short sound bite very differently. It's a draw.

25. Grant

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.