Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. You can say that again!

2. Minty_fresh

Minty_fresh Forum Resident

My thought on this pic was: “...and I’m spent”

inperson likes this.
  3. :wtf:

Wrong thread. Perhaps try ‘off topic - comedy’

4. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

[​IMG]

5. What Devo box is that and the one to the right too?

AlanDistro likes this.
  6. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident

The Devo box is The Ultra Devo-lux Ltd. Edition (2 CDs, 2 DVDs, one 7" single). It's the Q and A album and Freedom of Choice plus the Dev-o Live EP, some bonus tracks, the "Jocko Homo" single, and a full concert video from 2009.

And mine's autographed by the entire band (along with the dome hat on the left that's autographed by Mothersbaugh).

Check it out here: Devo - The Ultra Devo-lux Ltd. Edition

The box next to that is The Smashing Pumpkins' The Aeroplane Flies High, which is a 5 CD box set containing all of the CD singles from Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness in extended versions which are exclusive to the box (33 tracks total).

Check that out here: The Smashing Pumpkins - The Aeroplane Flies High

PhilBiker and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  7. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

[​IMG] I have a little Nipper but he’s cast iron:)

8. Waxxy

Waxxy Cold Turkey

17 year old VPI turntable / tonearm, and just to it's left is a brand new Cyrus Phono Signature

[​IMG]

The Cyrus feeds a 12 year old Nelson Image SE-8 single-ended pentode amp...

[​IMG]

The Nelson drives a set of ProAc D38.

[​IMG]

Dred, JUCO, BluTorch and 42 others like this.
  9. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Some of my setup is in flux, but these two are staying.

Jean Marie Reynaud Cantabile Jubilé speakers:
    [​IMG]

Sony PS-X700 turntable w/ Biotracer arm:
    [​IMG]

10. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

Please don't. He is a fine looking fellow and I wouldn't change a thing about him.

bluesaddict likes this.
  11. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Keep 'um original.

I know, that as an audio community, we are all about "mods", but at the same time, I feel that is something is how it was originally made, then I like to continue with the original design (whenever possible and when ever the audio doesn't suffer from changes, something should be what it is as much as possible).

Here is an example of what I mean. This is my vintage TT, from Vinyl Nirvana. It is a restored and upgraded Thorens TD-160 Super. It is a creation of VN. The plith is custom solid wood, the cover is custom, the tonearm has custom Cardas tonearm wire (pre-assembled).

The deck has been restored and repainted ...

As I am given to understand, this was/is their very first "Midnight Edition". I very much like the looks. But, if you look at the tonearm base and lifter, they are contrasting light aluminum color. Now I have seen some pictures of later Midnight Edition models and that same piece was black, whether thy changed it or customer's had it custom anodized, I don't know.

While, I would prefer it to be all black and can either order a replacement board or me sending it out to be anodized, I prefer to leave it original. Because that was the way it was intentionally remanufactured. At the end of the day, I'm perfectly fine with it.

And, I'm fine with the other non-black pieces, such as the screws that hold the cartridge in place, the chrome plated center spindle and the speed selector knob, all of which I find to be aesthetically pleasing.

[​IMG]

I like it! It works for me. This may be my "Nipper". He will sit somewhere!

I didn't realize the escalation of "Nipper" prices, for the large pieces. I had come across one in a thrift store, or maybe better said a vintage curio store, and I inquired about the price, they were quoting a few hundred dollars, which I thought was too much, at the time.

I want to go back and see if by chance, Nipper is still there.

12. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

I like it, but if I were to change anything, it would be the platter, not the arm board. I've always liked black and silver contrasts

Manimal, Dennis0675 and SandAndGlass like this.
  13. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Serious question: How fish tolerate music? I was thinking about setting up an aquarium in my cave, but I thought maybe fish would die from sound waves (even if I don't listen too loud).

Dennis0675 likes this.
  14. Echo

Echo Forum Resident

Well, you have fish like trompet fishes (so very musical), but they are carnivores and maybe are you the one who will be endangered...:shh:

bluesaddict likes this.
  15. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

Two previous posts with some pictures of my home system:

I thought it would be nice to show you the other side of the living room! In the pics below, you can see the CD/DVD shelves, the rear speakers and the couch. The CD/DVD shelves and the speaker stand are made of birch plywood sheets - a quite simple and cheap solution!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

Here's the stand of the rear speaker:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. lesterbangs

lesterbangs Forum Resident

Courtney Barnett :righton:

easycraig, Dennis0675 and ds58 like this.
  18. SandAndGlass

I really like the simple plywood speaker stand.

I also like how your employed surround sound speakers in the rear, much better diffusion in closed quarters. :righton:

Manimal and albertop like this.
  19. Lyfsux

Lyfsux Forum Resident

Hey guys, new member here. First off, just a huge amount of thanks goes to all you guys!! I've gained so much valuable information and insight just from visiting and reading stuff here, this is my hands down go to place even just to learn! Reading through this thread has induced some drool worthy moments for me, lol. Recently have seen some posts about having to move, and myself and the little woman are in that process now, shudde. So my task this week is having to disassemble a rack that took a LONG time to put together with no wires showing! Oh well, the stupid **** we do for love lol. Going to try and post a pic later and see if it works. Thanks again.

20. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

21. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

22. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

Rock and row!
    [​IMG]

arar, RDriftwood, Donniej and 17 others like this.
  23. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I just got rid of an SX-850 (I know, not the same, but same family).

24. SandAndGlass

Must have used a lot of blue tac. :D

arar, RDriftwood, Slimwhit33 and 15 others like this.