Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. stricee

stricee Forum Resident

and dust

Minty_fresh likes this.
  2. Lyfsux

Lyfsux Forum Resident

Ahhh...Ham Sandwich you're killing me lol. I already had it taken apart by the time I saw your message :-( Okay so the deal is those amps used to power both Thiel and Magnepans. Here's the deal, the Maggie's I gave away to my brother in law, kept the wife happy. Of that equipment I still have 3 pieces that I'm definitely keeping. I know some of you probably think I'm crazy, but there's a good reason. Since I was a teenager, in my heart I've always been a Klipsch guy, since I heard a friend's pair of Chorus 1's. So...as soon as I could afford them I went to the dealer and he tells me about the new Chorus 2's with the passive radiator and how much more air they can move. Bought them that day and still own them today. More in next post.

3. TeflonScoundrel

TeflonScoundrel Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    My current setup now that I’ve fully loaded my Vinnie Rossi LIO making it an integrated amp and relocated everything into an extra bedroom.

4. TeflonScoundrel

[​IMG]

I had been using it as a phono preamp only, but recently sold a few components and added the RVC tube preamp, the DSD DAC, the headphone amplifier & the mosfet amplifier. Somehow it’s both highly resolving and has beautiful tone at the same time. It’s been a great upgrade.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    arar, cdgenarian, Manimal and 12 others like this.
  5. Minty_fresh

Minty_fresh Forum Resident

Extra sexy time points for the Millennium Falcon.

Manimal, athensdrums, SirMarc and 4 others like this.
  6. TeflonScoundrel

Ha! My kids actually helped get that for me for Father’s Day this year. I have told them how I was a bit jealous of the one my cousin had when we were kids and they were able to find one on eBay for a decent price. Pretty great kids I have.

Manimal, Jerry James, 33na3rd and 5 others like this.
  7. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

You came here in that thing? You're braver then I thought...

8. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I'll take up Mr. Sandwich's challenge for a peek behind the scenes.

Everything from the sources to the speakers are connected with wire, that is the "technology" that runs my systems, so I accept that there will be wire, plenty of wire!

Overview of the audio and home theater room.

[​IMG]

First, behind the TV, besides the connections to the electronics behind the TV, there are SS and tube amps behind the TV too.

[​IMG]

A view from the other direction.

[​IMG]

Then behind the tan sofa and the controlling electronic's. This is the rear of the Peachtree iNova that I use as the system controller.

[​IMG]

And then, on the floor, behind the sofa, the connection's to the other electronics.

[​IMG]

S&G

RDriftwood, CowFish, Donniej and 24 others like this.
  9. Minty_fresh

Minty_fresh Forum Resident

One of my speakers is loaded with Yoda stuff. Next year when the system is done I’ll hopefully get to post in this thread.

TeflonScoundrel and SandAndGlass like this.
  10. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

...and I thought mine was a mess....

[​IMG]

11. SandAndGlass

See folks they are just wires behind the scenes, nothing to get shocked and shaken about. They are there to serve their purpose and nothing more.

Mine actually looks a lot worse in person!

But, so what?

I'll have to manage some better shots. :p

cdgenarian, Tullman, SirMarc and 2 others like this.
  12. Lyfsux

Lyfsux Forum Resident

Wow, that looks just awesome SandandGlass! That will be the sort of look I'll be going for in our new place. Congrats on all your gear, I thought about getting one of those Peachtree units myself, how do you like it? Also, I hate being in a mess but I have to keep going. Anyone know a way to post pics from a tablet? Thanks ahead of time.
    [​IMG]

Dennis0675 and SandAndGlass like this.
  13. SandAndGlass

Greetings Lyfxus,

Thanks, but first, lets help get you set up to post your images.

No photos (other than avatar's) are stored on the forum. You need to to set up a free imaging hosting account, upload your image to your account and then link it to your post, here's how.

Suggest imgur.

Simple and free to register.

Once you create a photo hosting account, you can make ti a private account so your images cannot be viewed by the general public.

Reduce the size of your active browser window and simply drag an image from your desktop into the center of your empty image page.

You will see a area to place your image, just move your image into this area and it will automatically be uploaded from your laptop or tablet.

You will see an image loading progress bar across the top of the screen. When it is finished loading your image will appear in your album.

When you want to link your image to this site, jst click on the image, a window will pop up, with that image and some buttons in a row down the right side of that window.

Choose the second description from the top that is labeled "Direct Link". Then click on the corresponding rectangular button to the right that says "COPY" and that will copy the address for that image to you clipboard.

Then click on the image button on top of your posting box, to the right of the emoto button, a window will open and paste you link into the field and say OK, you will see your image in your post before you hit the post button, so you will know that you correctly performed this action.

14. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

I'd suggest some bourbon shots. :cheers:

Dennis0675 and SandAndGlass like this.
  15. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Behind my rack is also scary. I'll take no pics. The more components one is running the more wires. I have little to no space behind the rack which makes things worse.

16. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Solid advice. But...shots are for kids, a gentleman sips.

17. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I keep my rat's nest in plain view!

[​IMG]

18. heyMo

heyMo Forum Resident

Absolutely. Anyone care to join me? Cigars welcome. (On the deck, or course.)

[​IMG]

roverb, easycraig, matteos and 18 others like this.
  19. chili555

chili555 Forum Resident

33na3rd, lesterbangs, heyMo and 2 others like this.
  20. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

That's neat, but spoils the pun.

21. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Fair point. I had some neighbors who were in their 50’s and drank shots as their go to for cocktails. Insufferable bunch to drink with. I’d sit there with a glass of Woodford and they be yelling at me to do shots as if it were spring break 83.

22. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

No brown tonigh but I did just return from the cigar store.

[​IMG]

23. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

That's what I call a high-end system!

24. heyMo

heyMo Forum Resident

Thanks, my wife calls me a bourbon hoarder. A few of these are hard to get here, so every time I find one, I get it. Now, afraid to drink as when will I find another?

SandAndGlass likes this.
  25. heyMo

heyMo Forum Resident

Yep, I usually save the brown for the weekend. My son is coming to visit this weekend and we always go to JR's, which has an awesome cigar bar.

Looks like some very good choices you have there. :righton:

16hz lover, irender and Dennis0675 like this.