Three's Company: Janet, Chrissy, Cindy or Terri?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Baba Oh Really, May 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

Yes, over the years, he had a lot of bit parts in movies and TV.

I like QMS's cover of "Pride of Man," but also Gordon Lightfoot's, recorded in 1964 and appearing on his 1966 debut album.

2. Cindy Snow.
    Jenilee Harrison was gorgeous.
    Then again it might have been easier being around Janet or Chrissy. (I never liked Terri)

zebop and t-man 54 like this.
  3. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

4. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

5. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

The case for Terri well put. Worth a quote for sure.

MikeInFla and California Couple like this.
  6. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

There were also THREE "Three's Company" pilots. The first (never aired) had nearly all different character names (David, not Jack; Jenny & Samantha, not Janet & Chrissy). The second (which did air) fixed the character names and brought in Joyce DeWitt but had Susan Lanier (who would later marry Delaney Bramlett of Delaney & Bonnie) as Chrissy. The third pilot solidified the classic original cast by ditching Lanier for Somers.

Here's the first pilot's theme song, where you get looks at Suzanne Zenor and Valerie Curtin as "Samantha and Jenny".

Simon A, enro99, steelydanguy and 3 others like this.
  7. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

I love Quicksilver, and don't care for Gordon Lightfoot, so...

Hamilton Camp's 1st album was also where Rod Stewart found a couple of tunes he then recorded for his own lps, namely Only A Hobo and Tomorrow Is A Long Time.

8. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

Did Audra Lindley wear her customer and wig that night or go with her natural hair so she wouldn’t be recognized?

MekkaGodzilla and t-man 54 like this.
  9. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I know they didn't have lyrics yet, but it's like the singer can't remember any of the words. :)

Simon A likes this.
  10. she looks good in those for sure.

11. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

This is one of the rare times that there wasn't pantyhose on with a bathing suit in those old 70's/80's shows. Never seen that on the beach! This show had it all.

I always remember Mr. Roeper's Niece and Jacks bottle cork popping!

12. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

PRE-NOSE JOB Janet when she had the Joan Jett haircut. There, fixed.

Strummergas and The Panda like this.
  13. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Also, as much as I remember Jeffrey Tambor for "Hey Nowwwww...", I also remember him equally for "Boom...boom...dittum...dattum...wattum...SHOE!!!"

Simon A likes this.
  14. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I remember nothing about Tambor from "The Ropers" other than the fact he was on the show and was a jerky character, IIRC.

First place I ever heard of him, and it's still the main show with which I associate him after all these years! :help:

15. ganma

ganma Senior Member

I grew up watching both but 3s company had a greater impact on my 8 year old self. I recognize that actor from Me and My Girl. Man about the House is more hazy memory I probably saw on reruns. I do remember the split off George and Mildred quite well though.

16. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Opening by request

17. Spastica

Spastica Run aground on the floor for you....

I voted for Terri....BUT....

This picture almost convinced me to change my vote.

18. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Mrs. Roper, right? ;)

19. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

20. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

I had a little date with two of the girls myself at Chiller con a couple years ago.

[​IMG]

21. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

22. I'm watching episodes right now, and I'd don't know, peeps, Terri's hips were awfully thin. She looks healthy, but also a little slouchy in the shoulders.

Meanwhile Cindy has those thick ass thighs, a rotunda, and some mighty peaks. She doesn't wear that goofy face outside of Three's Company. She's my pick.

Janet is simply too sweet to salivate over. Plus, I don't like her hair after Season 2.

Chrissy? 38 years later I'm still undecided from I was like 8. :D

JediJones likes this.
  23. Panther

Panther Forum Resident

Gotta go with Terri (Priscilla Barnes). She was a super-hot blonde and was super smart? Win all the way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cindy wasn't really given a fair chance, as she was just a temp-actress to substitute for Suzanne Somers. (It has to be said that the actress who played her has not... aged well.)

Chrissy/Suzanne is not my type, physically, but I concede she was the funniest roommate.

Knox Harrington likes this.
  24. Lance LaSalle

Lance LaSalle Prince of Swollen Sinus

Chrissy is dead last for me.

25. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

In the early days, Chrissy/Suzanne was pretty in a girl-next-door kind of way. As was Joyce/Janet. They looked less attractive to me beginning with season 4, when they both got makeovers and were much more heavily made up. It also made them look quite a bit older. At the beginning, the actresses were 27 and 30 years old, playing characters in their early 20s. By the time the makeovers happened, they were 30 and 34, and no longer believably passed for roommates in their 20s.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.