Article: Drake breaks Beatles record with 7 of the Top 10 songs on Billboard Hot 100 chart*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bosto, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

I know that. LOL! I was making a bad joke. You likely imagine me to be younger than I actually am.

Ed

aoxomoxoa and e.s. like this.
  2. Black Magic Woman

Black Magic Woman Forum Resident

I can feel a thread in danger of being deleted!

3. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

source of my comment : the last two weekends I've been on a bit of a CD buying binge and I saw, in the dollar bins:

Let it Be
    Anthology 2
    Sgt Pepper
    MMT

I actually have 62-66 and 67-70 on my shelf, both a buck each (2010 reissues). Got those last summer because I simply couldn't pass those up for that cheap, when I saw them. I also regularly see Beatles CD's, usually the 80's ones, in the $2 bin at my local watering hole.

4. Nostaljack

NEVAH! This thread is classic! It must always be! My hope is that we'll be on page 6o by tomorrow afternoon.

Ed

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  5. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

First off, "peeps" ? Really ?

Second, I don't stream because I am a rancid old fart clinging to physical media like it will keep me from forever sinking under the surface of the River Styx. The Larry Gowan Styx. Not that the Dennis de Young Styx would be much less icky. But I digress.... This being said, I did actually "stream" back when it was just called "internet radio". You know, by the peeps....

Thirdly, I don't make any secret of the fact that I still like a good ol' classic rock wallow. I own the whole Beatles shebang. Big Kinks fan. Stones, Hendrix, yadda yadda yadda. Lotsa Seventies, Eighties, all that old crap. Love it all. But I don't see new music as a threat. Or a personal affront. Or as a reminder that my candle is burning ever shorter which makes me rage against the dying of the light. On The Steve Hoffman Music Forums.... I mean really, flailing away impotently against the music of youth in threads like this is, well... kinda lame as I see things. In the end, the sand covers all. Even all the Beatles lunchboxes and Kiss Koffins and my Manics CDs and Drake's Juno collection. That just how it works. That's how it's always worked.

But hey, if it makes you feel better somehow to hurl invective about music you've never even heard and frankly don't even really care about - knock yourself out. I guess.
    I actually don't mind Drake.

D.D.

6. colgems1966

colgems1966 PhD in Les Pauls and Telecasters

The frightening thing about all this to me is Gaslight’s avatar resembles me greatly. I have that haircut and wear glasses like that. Not kidding either.......spooky!

Gaslight and aoxomoxoa like this.
  7. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

A beer sounds like a good idea, actually. Think I'll see if my wife wants to head out for a drink.

Maybe they'll be playing Drake or The Beatles at the bar sometime tonight, and I can reflect on all this further...

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I think we will all end up as friends in the end.

Gaslight likes this.
  9. Mugrug12

Mugrug12 The Jungle Is a Skyscraper

Now we all know the special project that steve Hoffman was working on. Take that pusha T!

Osato likes this.
  10. Black Magic Woman

I once implied there were better bands than The Beatles and well...I can tell you I DID learn my lesson.

Nostaljack likes this.
  11. Nostaljack

You did that...here? Oh, you poor child. You must NEVER do that. For all of my fun, I have never once said that Drake is better than The Beatles. I feel froggy but no one should ever be that froggy. I'm sure you still smell of ash to this day.

Ed

e.s., Gaslight, colgems1966 and 3 others like this.
  12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

AWARD! Funniest post in the thread!!

Nostaljack likes this.
  13. Nostaljack

Someone inform the kind gentleman that "peeps" died in the early 2000's. I prefer the term "home slices" myself. Does that date me?

Ed

14. colgems1966

You must be on the West Coast or don’t have to work tomorrow. Or you are Intrepid.

15. Nostaljack

...coming soon to MFSL. 180-gram 45rpm pressing.

Ed

Mugrug12 likes this.
  16. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

Or not. :D

D.D.

e.s. likes this.
  17. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

[​IMG]

theMess, e.s., SITKOL'76 and 5 others like this.
  18. Mugrug12

Mugrug12 The Jungle Is a Skyscraper

4 lps mastered half speed?!

Nostaljack likes this.
  19. Black Magic Woman

Nostaljack likes this.
  20. Nostaljack

Also available in DBX!

Ed

Mugrug12 likes this.
  21. colgems1966

I’ve got a beer out. Let’s push on.

e.s. and Diamond Dog like this.
  22. colgems1966

On a side note I once I had a real world argument in the 80’s where a friend of mine was trying to tell me the Jon Butcher Axis was the new Jimi Hendrix Experience. Anyone remember him?

23. W.B.

W.B. The Collector's Collector

Certainly ain't legendary late '60's radio programmer Bill Drake, fer shurr . . .

24. W.B.

W.B. The Collector's Collector

I actually have an acetate of one of his records, "Don't Say Goodnight," cut at Sterling Sound from when they were on Polydor. Sounds more like typical '80's rock than Hendrix. Having seen pictures of Mr. Butcher, though, I could see why some would make the comparison . . .

colgems1966 likes this.
  25. colgems1966

After this thread I am considering changing my handle from garage/psyche to curmudgeon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.