Paul McCartney's "Freshen Up" Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LandHorses, Jul 3, 2018.

1. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Thank you so much !!! :)

keoni and Oyster Boy like this.
  2. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

@theMess
    So sorry Ben. That was one hell of a game!

3. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

We deserved to lose, we were appalling.

At least we have Paul!

MsMaclen likes this.
  4. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Out of interest and off topic, but what do you mean by 'a less than ideal audience at Roger Waters' last week? I saw him there on the DSOTM tour.

coffeetime likes this.
  5. trickster

trickster Well-Known Member

coffeetime likes this.
  6. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Long story short; most of the audience was ‘bar first, music second’. In contrast to the introspective nature of most Floyd tracks, moat seemed to want to bellow along whilst drinking as heavily as possible with non stop visits to the bar.

Don’t get me wrong, no one was unpleasant, overly boorish or making a nuisance of themselves, it just felt as though an Oasis audience or a football terrace had decided to go see Roger. Someone over in the Roger tour thread characterised the concert as a stag do venue , or somewhere where everyone had stopped off on the way to a nightclub.

I fully accept that my issue with all of this was my problem, as everyone else was clearly enjoying themselves. Just not sure I want to pay well into three figures to take the family and repeat the experience. I’d seen Roger before twice with the Wall tour, and I’ve seen Paul at the Echo in 2016 without the drink-centric feel of last week’s concert.

7. Oyster Boy

Thanks. I was at the Echo the last time Paul played and didn't get the drink first music second vibe, but the Roger Waters concert when he played DSOTM was more like you describe.

8. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

You’ve only seen your wife 3 times? And you son once? Shame on you.

utopiarun, jlf, theMess and 3 others like this.
  9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Didn't Paul do about 70 songs when he did 2 nights at Wrigley and you include unique songs done fo rthe VIP soundchecks?

10. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I am seeing a lot of complaints on social media regarding the "verified fan" pre-sale. Here's a good summary on video:

11. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes Thread Starter

There also was with Springsteen on Broadway, U2, and other big events

12. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

70 different songs? No.

theMess likes this.
  13. 5th-beatle

Ticketmaster UK seems to have disappointed a lot of fans due to the amateurish way they handled this pre-sale. Hopefully there will be plenty of tickets for everyone at the general sale.

14. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Over 2 nights at Wrigley in Chicago 2011, McCartney played about 70 unique songs to paying fans.

The main event shows were 37 songs then the 6 alternates the next evening. I think the VIP soundchecks had 28 unique songs only heard by the filthy rich fans.

Hello Goodbye, Only Mama Knows, Ebony and Ivory, C Moon, Celebration, Calico Skies, Petrushka, Ram On, Bluebird, Magical Mystery Tour, Jet, Got to Get You Into My Life, Sing the Changes, The Night Before, Paperback Writer, Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five, Let 'Em In, Maybe I'm Amazed, I'm Looking Through You, And I Love Her, Blackbird, Here Today, Eleanor Rigby, Band on the Run, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Back in the U.S.S.R., Let It Be, Live and Let Die, Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, Birthday, I Saw Her Standing There, Yesterday, Helter Skelter, Junior's Farm, All My Loving, Drive My Car, Sing the Changes, The Night Before, Let Me Roll It/Foxy Lady, Paperback Writer, The Long and Winding Road, Let 'Em In, Maybe I'm Amazed, I've Just Seen a Face, I Will, Here Today, Dance Tonight, Mrs. Vandebilt, Eleanor Rigby, Something, Band on the Run, I've Got a Feeling, A Day in the Life/Give Peace a Chance, Day Tripper, Get Back, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End, Honey Hush, Blue Suede Shoes, Highway, Hitchhike, Don’t Let the Sun Catch You Crying (not the Gerry and the Pacemakers song), (I Want to) Come Home, Midnight Special, San Francisco Bay Blues, Petrushka, Bluebird, Matchbox, Honey Don’t

Hep Alien likes this.
  15. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Told ya, nothing but a f--kin' scam IMO- it's like they deliberately only sell the more expensive seats in the presale and nothing else. If you sign up for the presale and are not looking for floor seats, yer basically S.O.L. That was my experience on Monday with the presale, at least. Never again...

16. 5th-beatle

According to a fan at Paul's message board:

"3rd December - Krakow, Poland - Tauron Arena

5th December - Vienna, Austria - Stadthalle

Announcement today".

FKA002 and theMess like this.
  17. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

The whole process of buying tickets these days is , I find, is very stressful and of course expensive. Ticketmaster didn’t get me on the pre sale list!!! They did manage to lose my details and I’ve had weeks of stress with my bank trying to get my money back.

I did get VIP tickets from another site but the stress of being put on a countdown pre site page and and so on !!
    Oh for the days you sent off a postal order by mail and waited to see if you got tickets- much less stressful.

peace and love✌Dave

forthlin and Oyster Boy like this.
  18. Syl76

Syl76 Forum Resident

Paul Announces First Concert In Krakow

theMess and 5th-beatle like this.
  19. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Why would you feel the need to point this out? McCartney's cover of this Ray Charles tune has been part of his catalog for nearly 30 years (released on 'Tripping The Live Fantastic' in 1990). It's the ONLY version of the song I think of when I hear the title mentioned regarding McCartney. It's like reading that he performed My Love (not the Justin Timberlake song)! :agree:

20. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes Thread Starter

Would be funny to hear Paul perform the Petula Clark "My Love."

jlf and theMess like this.
  21. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

How big a setlist could we make from songs that share titles with Macca/Beatles songs? Probably a long one! :D

theMess likes this.
  22. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Paul Announces First Concert In Krakow

theMess and 5th-beatle like this.
  23. Tropic Island Hum

Tropic Island Hum Forum Resident

I was also put on the waiting list, and did not get a verified fan code.

Fortunately, I did manage to get two tickets for the Quebec show through the AMEX pre-sale. Section 111. I am taking my nephew to the show. This will be his second time seeing Paul. The first time he was only 6, and he doesn’t really remember it. He’s 13 now, so it should prove more memorable.

This will be my 7th time seeing McCartney, and I just feel that it may be my last.

Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets in the general sale.

ohnothimagen, theMess, Perian and 2 others like this.
  24. Oyster Boy

If I don't get tickets so be it. I have seen Paul twice both times in Liverpool (my favourite place) and the first time was at the O2 in 2010, which only holds about 1200 I think. For that experience, I am eternally grateful and the framed poster takes pride of place in the centre of the living room. The farce of the presale leaves a sour taste, but will not taint my memories.

25. long gone john

long gone john Forum Resident

A pal of mine passed me a code for Glasgow this afternoon. Not much left on the pre-sale. The only group of four tickets - the whole family would be coming! - was as far away from the stage as is physically possible. £114+ fees per ticket.

You know what? Not this time, Paul. I’m happy to pay that for top seats, but not for seats in the nosebleeds.

I’ve still got everything crossed for Monday’s general sale, but this may be the first McCartney tour I end up sitting out since the early 90s.

Oyster Boy likes this.