Finally Got a Decent Mono Pressing of Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by antiqueguy19001, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antiqueguy19001

antiqueguy19001 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I already had a very worn mono copy of PSR&T, but this is definitely an album that shouldn't have much noise. I have been fine with my stereo copy since I first got it, but always heard that mono is the way to go for this album. Yesterday I picked up this VG mono copy for $4, and was very happy with the condition of it, very little noise and almost no pops. Last night I compared the stereo mix and mono mix and definitely found the mono mix better, especially when coming from speakers rather than headphones.

[​IMG]

2. Jerry c.

Jerry c. Forum Resident

really wanted the mono mixes included on the last box set. i guess we'll have to wait until we are dead or no longer care... whichever comes first

3. antiqueguy19001

It's really annoying that they refuse to release the mono mixes, they are some of the best mono mixes of the 1960's. It would be nice to have them on CD, considering how hard it is to find 1960's LPs in good condition. I doubt I will ever be able to even hear Bookends in mono unless it is reissued. Hopefully sometime soon.

wwright, Man at C&A and JP Christian like this.
  4. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

Would be great if they did a companion set to the great MOV stereo vinyl box that came out a while back - of course it wouldn't have BOTW as that was only issued in Stereo. I have a mono Bookends, but it's a UK copy which as far as I'm aware is a fold-down.

Man at C&A and antiqueguy19001 like this.
  5. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

I would happily buy a CD set too!

antiqueguy19001 likes this.
  6. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Geez, in about 7 years, I'm not sure I've run into a SINGLE mono Simon & Garfunkel album. I always look.

7. I found one a few weeks ago(first one I've seen!) and it was totally trashed

OldSoul and antiqueguy19001 like this.
  8. maxwell2323

maxwell2323 Forum Resident

Thyme is on my side....yes it is.

9. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

Most of them are that way. I have an original mono copy and it is in marginal condition at best.

wwright and antiqueguy19001 like this.
  10. antiqueguy19001

Weird, I can't find a single stereo Sounds of Silence album, just mono! I think I saw a stereo copy once, but it was trashed. I wish I had this problem with their other albums, especially Bookends. Good luck finding their mono albums, there has to be some out there where you are!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  11. wwright

wwright Forum Resident

Me too. Miraculously found a Parsley Sage mono, sealed with promo stickers etc. at 1-2-3-4 Go!, a record shop on Valencia Street here in SF. Think it was two or three months ago.

Couldn’t believe it - never seen one in the wild like that before.

12. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Cool! What do the promo stickers say?

13. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

How does the mix differ? I have a mono Sounds of Silence and it's a very different experience.

14. wwright

wwright Forum Resident

Just one - the seal has since been broken. :)

[​IMG]

15. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Congrats! I love the mono version of this album and was similarly able to find a clean one pretty cheap.

I've got all the S&G monos and this one is my absolute favorite by far. It took me a while to find Sounds if Silence, (first press, no titles on the cover, radio promo sticker) because most were trashed.

I prefer Wednesday 3am in stereo, though.

antiqueguy19001, c-eling and wwright like this.
  16. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

In 1966, something like “7 O’Clock News / Silent Night” could justifiably be hyped as a “brilliant original performance.”

wwright and antiqueguy19001 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.