Elusive Disc?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by thatguy1976, Jul 15, 2018.

1. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello,
    Has anyone had any recent experience with ordering from Elusive Disc? I have never ordered from them before. I have always had great luck with Acoustic Sounds and Music Direct. But Elusive Disc has a couple of LP's In Stock that I want that Acosutic Sounds and Music Direct doesn't. Any info is greatly appreciated!

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The last...last album I bought from them arrived broken into two pieces. The packaging was so flimsy, it was just "asking for it." I returned it immediately, angrily demanded a refund, and will never order vinyl from them again.
    If you're used to the superior packaging of AS and MD, avoid this place like the plague.

Bull Moose, Import CDs, even Amazon are all still on my list for purchasing vinyl.

Opeth likes this.
  3. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks MYKE....good to know. I have 5 LP's in my cart so if I do order, I would hope they would package well in a sturdy box?

4. Myke

It's your money, and time. :wtf:

5. Onrd

Onrd I am not a number

I've bought many MOFI compact discs from them. They made it to Canada with no problems whatsoever.

Peter_R and eelkiller like this.
  6. Myke

BIG difference.

7. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

Interesting. It's been a while since I've ordered from Elusive but their packaging was always as good as the rest. I recently mailed a LP reusing one of their mailers. It was the kind that was longer with extra cardboard at the ends to protect the corners and the LP sandwiched on all four sides with folded cardboard.

8. Alex Zabotkin

Alex Zabotkin Forum Resident

They only started using those flimsy mailers a few years ago.

Yes, if you order 5 LP's they'll probably double-box them. :cool: The flimsy mailers are only used for 1-3 LP orders. :sigh:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    thatguy1976 likes this.
  9. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

That's a bummer.

Myke and lawz like this.
  10. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

I've bought from them a few times and even with a mixed order that included record cleaning fluid, the records were always packed well. I also bought from their ebay ads and 2 and 3 lp purchases were well packed and arrived in perfect shape.

hi_watt and thatguy1976 like this.
  11. Eigenvector

Eigenvector Forum Resident

I've been buying from them for over 20 years now. Both LPs and CD/SACDs. I've never had a damaged shipment from them ever and everything I've received has been well packaged. I don't doubt that others may have had a different experience but speaking only about my orders, I have never had anything but a positive experience with Elusive Disc!

12. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

I've been ordering from Elusive Disc, Acoustic Sounds and Music Direct for decades - packaging is similar for all three and customer service is as well.
    Very reputable company.

13. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

Same here.

I think at the end of the day this is a solid and reputable store. They process thousands of transactions a year so there will be the odd one that doesn't go well. I wouldn't let experiences like that scare me off unless they are common.

14. btf1980

btf1980 Senior Member

I've used Elusive Disc for about a decade, and I once had an issue with an LP that arrived with bumped corners. They gave me a partial refund immediately once I brought it to their attention. If you have issues, just email their shipping department. They respond very quickly. Outside of that one occurrence which they rectified to my satisfaction, it's been nothing but good service for over 10 years. That's a lot of orders.

15. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

If someone is having problems with ElusiveDisc, it's time for them to look in the mirror.

They are easily the best in the Biz when it comes to Customer Service. Couldn't be nicer or more accomodating.
    If you are a decent customer, they will bend over backwards to keep you happy.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  16. Myke

So it's my fault they've gone to flimsy mailers for 1-3 albums ? My fault my purchase arrived broken in two ? What exactly should I see in that mirror ?

hi_watt likes this.
  17. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

No. It's your fault that you approached the problem in a way that made someone in their CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT to not want to jump through hoops to resolve the issue for you.

Every time I, or anyone else I have known, has had a problem with ElusiveDisc it has been resolved quickly, easily and with nothing but friendly / timely responses.

I know them all well enough to know that they want nothing more than happy customers. Their Customer Service has always reflected this.

C6H12O6 and pghmusiclover like this.
  18. Myke

What are you talking about ? I never once said anything about any interaction with their Customer Service. NOT. ONE. WORD. I suggested that no one buy vinyl there, because of my recent experience with a flimsy mailer.

19. Myke

And you wrote a screenplay in your head from this ?

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  20. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

So, you just ate the broken records?

You didn't have them replaced?

Because, unless you contacted them and they refused to replace the damaged LPs you have nothing to complain about other than the carrier destroying your LPs.

You think those are the only records broken by USPS / Fed Ex or UPS this year?

It happens all day, every day.

To tell people to avoid a business because of a Delivery / Carrier Calamity is ridiculous.

EDIT -

Like I said. The problem is you.

21. Myke

No, attacking me by saying I "should look in the mirror" is ridiculous. To get so bent out of shape over a retailer is ridiculous. I have every right in the world to express what happened to me, when asked.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  22. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Your reaction indicates that the problem is you.

A friendly email would have had a replacement on the way in less than 24 hrs. If you had a concern about the packaging used, they would employ any type of packaging you requested at no additional charge.

I know this because I have a list of Do's and Don'ts that are attached to my account, there. They have never once failed to follow any directions once made aware of it.

If, however, you blow up and then proceed to warn people off of their business without giving them a chance to provide you with proper Customer Service...

I repeat, the problem is staring at you in the mirror.

23. Myke

No, the problem is flimsy mailers.

Alex Zabotkin likes this.
  24. Myke

Again, you are ASSUMING what my actions were.
    You have created a scenario in your head.
    My actual words are on this page, I've even quoted them now, so they are there TWICE.

Did I send them an e-mail ? Yes.
    Did they know I was angry ? Doubt it.
    Did I get a full refund on my card ? Yes.
    Do I have a right to express my latest debacle buying vinyl from them ? Yes.
    Can I see any point in using them to ship any less than 5 albums, when other retailers use protective measures in which to ship vinyl ? No.

25. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

No. I have identified exactly which type of customer you are.

A person can't very well complain about a service they didn't ask for.

The Carrier broke your records and you threw a fit.