Greta Van Fleet...Anyone?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tree of Life, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Led Zeppelin was one person playing acoustic guitar with a high voice? If so then that is an equal comparison.

2. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

The songs are different.

artfromtex likes this.
  3. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

I see what you did there :agree:

McRich likes this.
  4. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria Thread Starter

Don't worry, haters going to hate....they live sad lives, have accomplished nothing and still live at home with mummy

Great new song from the band and looking forward to the album...nothing else out there worth a dime!

5. WarEagleRK

I like how it goes from people having a different point of view on a band to insults of "they live sad lives" and "still live at home". The thread is literally "Greta Van Fleet anyone" which seems to be open to discussion about the band, good or bad. I'm indifferent to the band, I don't get it at all because I find the vocals to be too over the top and distracting, but I don't begrudge anyone who doesn't share that viewpoint from their opinion.

The internet is a crazy place. People seem to want to live in an echo chamber where all they hear are their own thoughts reflected back at them and anyone who disagrees is obviously, at least in this thread a sad life living loser who still lives at home. Come on, be better than that.

6. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria Thread Starter

It's usually the case

Most of them keep re-posting AFTER the fact...that's why I wrote it...

7. WarEagleRK

What a wonderful society we've created for ourselves.

Tree of Life likes this.
  8. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

It's worse than a Beatles thread in here

Diamond Dog and yarbles like this.
  9. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

...and also worse than a late period solo McCartney thread.

Not sure what's worse: a teenage Plant wannabe, writing douchey lyrics about sad old women...or a sad old Scouser, writing douchey lyrics about gerontophilia.

DHamilton likes this.
  10. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

Fanboys are funny.

D.D.

DHamilton and FrixFrixFrix like this.
  11. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

I had to look that up. From the Greek: geron-old man or woman; philie-love

too funny :laugh:

12. KaptKopter

KaptKopter Forum Resident

I'm sorry, listened to the new track, sounds like a rip off of Zep, don't get the hype with this band at all. Reminds me a bit of 'Travelling Riverside Blues' without the slide, with a bit of 'Heartbreaker' and 'A Hard Days Night' chord chucked in for good measure.

It's like that band 'The Answer' who also sounded a bit like Zeppelin from about 10 years ago, they also were meant to be the saviours of Rock N Roll, as if it needed saving in the first place. Also if you are trying not to sound like Zep like they claim in interviews, change the drum sound, change the style. Anyway, enjoy if its your kind of thing but I'm out.

tim185, DHamilton and whisper3978 like this.
  13. Gil Griffith

Gil Griffith Well-Known Member

Kingdom Come, anyone?

14. Use_Your_Koala

Use_Your_Koala Forum Resident

The Answer are a far better band than Greta Van Fleet. No contest here, really.

15. Ma Kelly

Ma Kelly Senior Member

Now come on now, you know nothing about those posting here who hate this wretched band. The only thing you can say with certainty is that they (myself included) have far, far better taste in music than any Greta Van Fleet fan.

KAJ1971 and DHamilton like this.
  16. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Surely you can see the difference between stating your critique and repeatedly posting shallow statements that offer no deeper insight than "they suck".

Tree of Life, Paulwalrus and aroney like this.
  17. artfromtex

C'mon man. Music is a subjective medium. There's no such thing as "better taste in music". We all like whatever speaks to us personally.

One of my very closest friends, whom shares very similar musical tastes as me, HATES Greta Van Fleet.

18. Ma Kelly

Ma Kelly Senior Member

But I called up to mummy from my basement to ask her, and she said I had the best taste in music in the whole wide world!

19. WarEagleRK

Yes there is a difference, but I didn't read too many "they suck" type posts. Most were people explaining why they didn't like them.

Shallow statements saying something sucks and cliched responses to an attack on a band you with name calling and saying someone who replies like that have no life and are living in their mom's basement aren't too many steps away from one another. Neither add value, I'd say one is worse because it's a more personal comment on an individual or a group of individuals, but as always results may vary.

I'd just prefer everyone being above both types of responses, but it is the internet so that's on me.

20. WarEagleRK

I never got into The Answer, but they were ok. I know most disagree but I think Wolfmother was the better of the three more recent "next Led Zeppelin" bands. I haven't heard anything by the Answer or GVF as catchy as "Joker And The Thief".

As far as modern bands with a classic sound who have a shouter for a vocalist, I'd go with Rival Sons over any of the others that I mentioned above.

Kaelu likes this.
  21. artfromtex

I agree. And for the record, I only stated that the folks making the same negative comments over and over were trolling and that it was childish behavior.

Tree of Life and Paulwalrus like this.
  22. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

I have to agree with you on Wolfmother however only the original trio counts as far as I'm concerned. Chris Ross on keyboard was an essential element to the group. I had opportunity to see the original trio of Wolfmother live and rank the show in the top five I've seen and have seen many concerts in the past 45 years or so. I was so disappointed when they split up.

23. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

The publicity photos seem to project a teenybopper rock version of NKOTB.
    I think they have to decide which side of the musical fence they want to be at this point or fade into black.
    Expectations are unbelievably high for this young fellows.....I wish them the best.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daryl M likes this.
  24. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

...or waste time and energy crapping on stuff they don't like, when they could be spreading the word about things they do like.

Yep. Crazy indeed. ;)

Paulwalrus likes this.
  25. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

in·or·gan·ic: the singer seems forced in every way: delivery, appearance, etc... I've seen them live... but the musicianship is superior for a tribute band... drummer is great... who doesn't enjoy Bonham riffs?

8 for execution
    1 for originality

[​IMG]

DHamilton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.