Concert For George reissue CD/LP/DVD Feb 23, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zgredzik, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Lumber

Jack Lumber Forum Resident

I do
    I do concur... I assume we’ll receive Test Repressings!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  2. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

How did this work? Did you drop your PayPal claim?

3. Jack Lumber

With so many emails to and fro I loose track of the thread a little.

I asked for a partial refund... got a reply saying it was only meant to be one disc, “sorry”!

Sent another saying that’s BS, you’ve already offered others a partial refund- and that have accepted it- I expect the same or I’ll escalate my PayPal dispute with you (which was never responded to through PayPal dispute centre)... got a reply saying we don’t offer part refunds. If you want your money back you’ll need to send the whole shipment back!

This reply came whilst I’ve been on holiday- saw it on my phone... fumed!!! Thought I’ll wait till I get back then escalate the claim through PayPal.

Got back to find (to my astonishment) another message from Customer Service (albeit starting a new thread of corespondance) had been sent a couple of days after the refund refusal apologising for the error and offering to ship the missing discs subject to a photo of the pressing number confirming which disc I had.

I followed this through and now it is on its way with UPS. I should have my discs within a month by my estimate.

I did ask them to ensure adequate labelling of the package to prevent a second hit of import taxes... no response in that regard, but I hope the value declared is $0 and replacement/ missing items from existing order, or something like that.

My PayPal claim will die a natural death on Friday, so I’ll leave it at that. I just hope that there are no issues further down the line, as a claim cannot be re-opened.

I’m glad everyone else got offered the same... especially after I advised to accept a $75 refund and run! :ignore: Could’ve been embarrassing!

IronWaffle, Jerry Horne and mrjinks like this.
  4. Jerry Horne

My issue is that customer service (Bravado) is taking so long to respond to each message. My PayPal claim is due to expire today, and I assume they will refund me $75-. There seems no way to ask for a delay. If I drop the PayPal claim, there is no way to open it again if they never send my the records.

5. Jack Lumber

Is that an escalated claim?

6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I'm a little surprised that you guys pay via paypal for such significant cost items (?) - is there a benefit to that that I'm not seeing? I wouldn't dream of using anything other than my credit card for these types of items, because I have excellent credit and know that my credit card will ALWAYS side with me in a dispute like this...

7. Jerry Horne

Yes.

8. Jack Lumber

Looking back, you posted that they have offered to send the discs if you withdraw the PayPal claim.

If you’ve only confirmed you will, they may be waiting for you to actually cancel it.

Given mine have shipped within less than a week of the replacement offer (my claim was still preliminary and not escalated) I would log onto PayPal and confirm that a resolution has been agreed. I can’t see them not then repressing... sorry... resending you missing discs now they’ve offered.

mrjinks and Jerry Horne like this.
  9. Jack Lumber

PayPal offer good protection, as do most credit cards. But with PayPal you can still use credit cards as well as your bank account and debit cards. It’s then an easy single log in etc... just convient I guess. And if you use eBay, and the like it just becomes the go-to method of payment.

mrjinks likes this.
  10. Jerry Horne

Well, I cancelled the claim. I'll email Bravado and tell them so. Maybe I'll include a photo of my disc to save time. Thanks Jack.

Jack Lumber and mrjinks like this.
  11. Jack Lumber

Just rereading what you originally wrote, I did consider whether a claim can be kept active pending the promise of a resolve until actual delivery.

I thought should I still escalate the claim to protect myself if they never arrive/ arrive damaged.

But to escalate will force PayPal to precide immediately, and they’ll say that they have posted replacements: case closed.

Due to the long delays and shipping times it’s just Sod’s law that the PayPal protection has already expired (180days from order date) and our claims have to close after only a few days.

If the product had shipped earlier, I presume that a new case could be opened for a different issue within the overall time limit, i.e, loss or damage of the replacements, just not for missing discs again... but I could be wrong.

12. Jerry Horne

Someone asked earlier which discs we received. Mine is disc two (Sides three and four).

forthlin likes this.
  13. Jack Lumber

LP1, sides 1&2.

forthlin and Jerry Horne like this.
  14. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Anyone else think that there are at least 60 of the super deluxe set out there, and that they managed to press 45x4 more test pressing discs?

15. Jerry Horne

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

16. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

17. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Hmmm...cynical me says some connection to the supplier? Even if he bought four deluxe sets (was that even allowed?) what are the odds he'd get one of each disc?

mrjinks and ronbow like this.
  18. Jack Lumber

That’s the guy who listed before and I messaged him to tell him his sealed box didn’t contain all of the TPs.

He is based in the US, so presumably just received his in the domestic post whilst my international package is still 3 weeks away!

From the dates on the pressings it is clear it is not a “full set” having been pressed on different dates!

mrjinks likes this.
  19. Maranatha5585

wtf... I don't get it, I'm busy fighting USPS over two U.K. packages now three weeks here, and lost.. not delivered.. I really am starting to wonder why I friggin' bother .

I'm lost with the Harrison thing.. so you mean now you guys are finally getting all four ... can't be (?) The endless grief goes on and on, and on.
    Why does this guy have all four... gh.com is a rip off.

20. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Yea, one could almost get the impression the estate really doesn’t care...

mrjinks and longdist01 like this.
  21. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

:faint:

22. Maranatha5585

:cussing: :realmad: :mudscrying: :thumbsdow :shake: endless grief...

23. Jerry Horne

Well, Bravado finally informed me that my three missing test pressings shipped this morning.

Fingers crossed for a safe arrival.

Maranatha5585, forthlin and mrjinks like this.
  24. So they are pressing more test pressings after the actual pressings are pressed ? :tiphat:

Jerry Horne and c-eling like this.
  25. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

:laugh:
    That's what I was just thinking, so will they be purposely 'flawed'?

Mazzy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.