Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - 2020

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

And hot on the heels of Disney firing the previous director, some sources indicate there's a newcomer who will be helming the 3rd installment, due in 2 years...

[​IMG]

2. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

:biglaugh:

3. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

lulz

For real, though. Anybody expecting Taika Waititi to pick this up and run with it, maybe?

Felix Martinez likes this.
  4. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I hoped they have checked his Twitter history!

Ghostworld likes this.
  5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Is this a goof on Señor "Spielbergo", from The Simpsons?

keefer1970 likes this.
  6. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Apparently! There was another meme going around with a Mexicanized Obama as a 2016 presidential candidate, but it appears the Simpsons may be the root of the meme. Delightful. Or should I say...

[​IMG]

7. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Who's Taika Waititi? sounds like a Hawaiian theme bar?

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

uh huh...

9. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

10. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

Taika Waititi is a New Zealand director, who directed Thor: Ragnarok last year. He's very funny and has proven that he can do a similar tone (and bright color palette) to the Guardians films.

11. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Preferred Ragnarok to GOTG 2,so I'm sorted.

12. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

In before lock

13. alexpop

14. supermd

supermd Senior Member

To what end?

15. alexpop

Forum Hall of shame. :D

supermd likes this.
  16. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I don't know if he can direct or not... but this guy has a mustache of Tom Selleck proportions.

17. alexpop

If James Gunn's script doesn't get used in Guardians Vol 3, Dave Bautista going to leave.

18. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Dave Bautista going to get sued.

I don't know how they resolve this, the entire cast appears to support Gunn at least publicly claiming he's not that type of guy anymore.

CrazyCatz likes this.
  19. Vidiot

I think there's precedence for this, where if everybody in the cast is upset at Gunn's departure, they're not going to give their best performances under any conditions. Firing Gunn may have killed the series, one that makes billions of dollars. As I pointed out in the defunct thread elsewhere, it's interesting to note that we have the CEO of CBS accused of physically assaulting six women over the last 20 years, and he keeps his job (so far), but they fire writer/director Gunn for writing stupid, obnoxious things on Twitter.

To me, this is the difference between yelling at somebody crossing the street and calling them an "idiot," vs. running over and pushing them over. One is rude behavior; the other is criminal behavior. Huge difference. Maybe a closer comparison would be yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, vs. setting a fire and locking the doors.

I know there are people trying to relate Gunn's Twitter comments to Roseanne Barr's Twitter comments, but I think there's a difference in degree. But I concede that making a judgement call on this is tough. When is a public apology enough?

20. alexpop

They've killed the golden goose, hate hypocrisy myself.

21. Vidiot

You know, there's nothing to stop them from showing up and then just not having a lot of energy or enthusiasm for the job. Even with money and contracts, you can't force anybody to do a good job. If they just hit their marks and say their lines, but do it badly, all Disney can do is fire them. But they can't sue them as long as they actually show up for work. It could happen.

I seem to recall some very, very famous people (and I won't say the name due to forum rules) who have said very bad things off camera that got recorded, and yet even after people heard what they said, it didn't affect their jobs. You gotta ask why celebrity rules aren't consistent...

22. alexpop

Guess, Disney's so rich ..its just a drop in the ocean.

23. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

It has wider consequences than just GOTG3 though. I assume they will all be in Infinity War 2 and although they've already filmed their parts they will be expected to do all the publicity tours (although for most of them that would kind of be a spoiler as they are supposed to be dead so I don't know how they will handle that).

Plus Marvel is creating a cosmic universe what with Captain Marvel coming along, which you think the Guardians would be central to.

So if Disney fire them all and cancel GOTG3 it's just not once film written off but a whole section of the future Marvel cosmic universe written off.

The only thing holding the actors back from taking more action is I think the fact that Disney is so huge now and controls so much they can almost blackmail them into doing what they what as if you are in Disney's black book that like a huge percentage of the film and TV world you are walking away from.

24. alexpop

25. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I think they'd be better off not doing GG3 than to half ass it. Look what happened to X-3 when Bryan Singer left. I'd rather settle for two really good movies than have them make a turd of a third just so they can call it a trilogy. I still hold out hope that if the cast and the fans can keep the pressure on, Disney will cave and bring James Gunn back. They are clearly susceptible to pressure and there is mucho dinero at stake. And come on, if they can forgive RDJ his past sins, they can certainly forgive James Gunn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.