The Police - Every Move You Make: The Studio Recordings 40th anniversary collection*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Caruso65, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caruso65

Caruso65 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Have there been any updates regarding deluxe edition reissues?
    Didn’t Andy mention this in an interview?
    I’m hoping each album has bonus tracks, live tracks, maybe even full live
    shows from each tour, probably won’t happen but who knows

2. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

Big Police fan here but I dont believe Sting needs the money, thus Im not thinking anything will happen. Do I want there to be 40th anniversary activities ? YES! Sorry for my cynicism but just think Sting wont worry about any Police reminiscing.

tensummoner and mark winstanley like this.
  3. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Sure, but I don't think there's much of anything in the vaults and they're certainly not doing a reunion tour.

Dave513 and mark winstanley like this.
  4. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

I'd love to see some kind of deluxe treatment for "Synchronicity". B-sides collection, live shows, demos... whatever they've got.

5. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

My favorite album of theirs. Id like to see the "Abbey Road mastering" of the album like they did for Ghost in the Machine

Jerry James likes this.
  6. manco

manco Forum Resident

I like that they quit on top, no dud albums to tarnish the reputation.

7. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

I'd like to see The Police Around the World released on Blu Ray. And also a dvd of footage from when Synchronicity was being recorded.

8. I think they were pretty well tapped out. I don't think that Sting ever wrote additional material they didn't use (he even recycled some older tunes for a couple of releases). There may be something by Stewart or Andy that's unfinished but Sting, at one point, refused to sing anything if he didn't write the lyrics (hence Andy's vocals) although he did make the occasional exception to that. Perhaps it was only if HE liked the lyrics or wanted a split of the songwriting royalties. Sting's vocals would have improved "Mother" and made it a bit more listenable.

Exit Flagger and Hep Alien like this.
  9. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Great albums some great singles. The Police were all over the place 1978--early 1984.
    Many good musical memories but I don't think Sting has any good feelings about a Police 40th anniversary. I could be wrong.

10. Nightfly68

I bet they have an entire cd's worth of unreleased songs.

11. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I reckon they should be remixing (at least) zenyatta mondatta, ghost in the machine and synchronicity for 5.1

12. At least not touring since he got the closure he wanted with the last tour.

13. The question is--what state or they in if they do? If they are unfinished, would the members be willing to go back and finish it?

jjay likes this.
  14. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Yep

15. Nightfly68

I wouldn't bet on them getting back together to do anything, which is sad. However, I think they have enough unreleased songs to work with. I would hope the sound quality is decent enough as well.

RangerXT, Hep Alien and Christopher B like this.
  16. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

I bet they don't. Not as full Police tracks at least. There are a bunch of Ghost in the Machine era demos of Sting with a drum machine but they never got the full band treatment. These titles are...

Don't You Believe Me Baby
    Don't Look at Me
    Don't Think We Could Ever Be Friends
    Daytime Job
    It's Never Too Late

Here's one. The others are "out there" too.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  17. manco

manco Forum Resident

My favorite songs is "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" because of the innovative chord progression. That was easily the best 'innovative' song until Radiohead started churning 'em out.

18. Dave513

Dave513 Forum Resident

Huge Police fan here, and I agree with others who suggest that they're tapped out. I've read everything I can find over the years, and it sounds like there's not much in terms of unreleased or unfinished material. I'd love to hear them write new stuff, but it's obvious that Sting isn't interested and that the ship has sailed.

19. It would be great to have a all out 'Synchronicity' Deluxe Edition and a Super Deluxe Edition.

RangerXT, hiterss, Jarleboy and 2 others like this.
  20. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

A deluxe version of every album shouldn't be that difficult. One cd remastered and one live disc. Easy as that.

RangerXT, ARK, hiterss and 6 others like this.
  21. Caruso65

Caruso65 Forum Resident Thread Starter

The live disc for each album would be great, especially from the Ghost tour

22. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

The catalog has already been remastered multiple times. Just put out a live set on its own. There's also a few stray tracks that didn't make the Message In A Box thing either.

23. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

they even did a one-off w/ Henry Padovani while in Paris the last reunion

Hep Alien and izgoblin like this.
  24. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

The final Police show was 10 years ago tonight. 8/7/08. I saw 5 shows on that tour including the last one. Was too young to catch them in their heyday so was thrilled to get the chance later on.

[​IMG]

25. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

One of my favorite unreleased tracks from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.