Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. I’m sooo glad I took the plunge and bought 2 copies of Abraxas as preorders. My still sealed copy could be worth more than my Beatles Butcher cover lp. Part of me buys the second copy as an investment the other part buys it as a back up because if my original opened copy gets damaged I don’t want to pay secondary market prices to replace it.

rollo5 likes this.
  2. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked Thread Starter

I just heard that BOTW should be going out by late August. The person I spoke with has heard a test pressing, though, and he said it was absolutely off the charts nuts. Can’t wait!

3. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

From whom? Who wants to place a bet?

4. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Does your person that heard the test pressing work at Mobile Fidelity? I'll believe when I have it my hand!

5. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Here's my take on the long Simon and Garfunkel one step wait, with apologies to Simon. lol.

April, come she will (or so I hoped)
    When sales are ripe and swelled with gain;
    May, I thought she would stay,
    Resting in my arms again.

June, Mofi changed their tune,
    In restless walks, no shipping in site;
    July, she did not fly
    And give no warning to her upcoming flight.

August, die she must,
    The autumn winds blow chilly and cold;
    September I'll remember
    A love once new has now grown old.

6. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Keep working it. A good first draft. There's more to be mined.

Mr. Explorer and Topaz123 like this.
  7. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked Thread Starter

I asked a salesperson on the phone at Music Direct about if there were any updates on the delivery. His response was along the lines of, I know you wish you had it sooner, but that the end result will be spectacular.

Let’s think about this, though. Do you really think the sales guy is out to deceive you on the quality of a MOFI product? He was clearly excited since he had just heard a test pressing. I had ordered this many months ago so it wasn’t a new sale or anything.

If the previous three are any indication, I’m expecting good things anyway!

8. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

The One-Step titles will be MFSL's legacy. I have no doubt that it will rise to the level of quality that the previous three have established.

Mr. Explorer and Twinsfan007 like this.
  9. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Just throwing this out there. I’d like to see Mobile Fidelity do a one step of a Traffic album. Just something different. Do we really need another Bob Dylan or Stevie Ray Vaughan album?

I wish Traffic’s albums received some kind of audiophile treatment. I know that Kevin Gray cut a few for Friday Music, but I can’t bring myself to equate Friday Music with the world audiophile.

10. David P. Hill

MSFL One-Step - Any of the Steely Dan except "Aja" or Gaucho, Stephen Stills "Manassas", CSNY "DejaVu" and some Supertramp".

ti-triodes and Twinsfan007 like this.
  11. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

I just want them released in a decent time. It's been stated before but I wish they could just wait to announce the title until they have maybe 1/2 the copies made so we aren't having to wait as long. I know with a release like the One Step you need at least some time before just releasing it into the wild. Wheather that be for PR or Marketing.

bajaed and Tommyboy like this.
  12. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I think we are all reasonable people and understand that this type of product doesn't happen overnight. We also understand that it's necessary to create interest by announcing forthcoming title months ahead of release, with the possible hope that all copies will sell out before the street release. That's a win-win for all parties, mofi, and the customer who acted first, as the value automatically increases. But in this situation, it's a little too long. I mean it's almost a year since rumors of this title started to leak out. Now, people are saying "Why bother to pre-order other titles?" And don't even think of suggesting new titles when, at this rate, the titles mofi has already stated for future release won't be out until 2112.

13. OptimisticGoat

OptimisticGoat Everybody's escapegoat....

At this rate the sound engineers will be dead before the pre-orders are met. Not much confidence for future releases. If it takes this long they should stick to less demanding titles.

ted321 likes this.
  14. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Looks like they are waiting for this to sell out before proceeding with production. At 7,500 limited production box sets, and limited to 2 per person, what's the holdup? How long will it take press 15,000 LP's once it's sold out?

15. David P. Hill

MFSL should make the One-Step back to 2500-3500 limited run of each release.

16. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Why not bother to pre-order the other titles?

I swear to god, many of you act like little kids - with no other toys to play with - waiting in bated breath anticipation for Santa on Christmas.

Larry C. McGinnis III and mpayan like this.
  17. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I think you mean Santana.

18. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I see what you did there... :idea:

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  19. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Chill out. That's what this forum is available for. To discuss things related to our love of music. And I believe it's ok to complain and let off some steam over the wait for this release. We're not hurting anyone or seeking out our congressman. If you don't want to read about this, then by all means skip this thread.

20. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Oh gee, my mistake for not seeing the connection between speculating, complaining, and “letting off steam” and the actual constructive discussion of fidelity/music...

I think you need to take your own advice.

Guss2 likes this.
  21. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

I have to agree with marcb. It gets tedious reading about the complaining of how late MOFI is with their releases. That wasn't what the thread was about really.

Tommyboy likes this.
  22. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

My card was just charged from MD. The only thing I had ordered was Simon&garfunkel BOTW One step.
    Make of that what you will. :cool:

Matt Starr likes this.
  23. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Ditto. The thing is about to ship.

Myke and Matt Starr like this.
  24. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Forum Troglodyte

Same for me :)

Myke likes this.
  25. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

In 2112, the 2112 One-Step will be announced, and not released until 2120. Mastered by the ghosts of the current MoFi engineers,