Lodge 49 - New Show on AMC

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Thomas D, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dud already gets better in ep two. Lots of places to go.

The English office ? What’s that about? Something strange.

Kyhl, rburly and JimW like this.
  2. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

I'm enjoying this show so far & have high hopes for it. They keep talking about "the Captain" in regards to this plant that just shut down. He has yet to show his face...

3. Paul Giamatti is one of the producers if that means anything.

AlphabetMan likes this.
  4. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Yes- that scene where he has to blindfold himself just to walk down the hall to the Head guy's office certainly suggests lots of strangeness.

Kyhl, rburly and Mazzy like this.
  5. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Episode 3 is already streaming on AMC's web site. Great humor and just a slight tinge of supernatural...or perhaps more aptly "magical realism."
    This episode is just sublime in a really quirky way. One of the best things I have seen on TV in a while.

Anyone else notice Ernie's "halo" in the hotel scene...or was it me?

6. Beer Milk Shake

Beer Milk Shake Forum Resident

I like it a lot, especially the music and the actress who plays Liz - Sonya Cassidy is synthtillating.

Wild Frank and Cupids_bow like this.
  7. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

It took me a bit to recognize her from "Humans."

8. Sharp 1080

Sharp 1080 Well-Known Member

I'm liking this show so far. It's Lebowski like but on a different storyline. Wacky family helps.

Dr. Bogenbroom and rburly like this.
  9. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

The first episode was intriguing, but not compelling. I had to finish it in a second viewing.

The second episode, however, was much better. The humor was brilliant, all the characters have more depth, and the story is more cohesive.

Of course, the above can be said about most shows. The point is: stick with it if the first episode doesn't thrill you.

rburly and JimW like this.
  10. zephyr25

zephyr25 Forum Resident

Best soundtrack for a tv show in ages, so far bands like Broadcast, Felt, and Lee Hazlewood!

11. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I saw episode 1, then 3 and then 2. I've watched episode 3 twice now. I'm enjoying watching Dud's world each time.

12. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Yeah I keep my phone handy to SoundHound some music titles & artists.:)

13. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

"What's the use of living forever if you're all alone on a Sunday?"

Word.

Dr. Bogenbroom likes this.
  14. rburly

It continues to intrigue me weekly. Is Larry alive now? I really wonder what Dud's connection with the Lodge is. Ernie is worth a ton of laughs for me. Liz is always a nice distraction when she's on screen.

15. Borgia

I'm enjoying the show & want to make a prediction. Dud's missing (and presumed dead) father will return alive and well at some point.

JimW and rburly like this.
  16. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

I've always felt this was likely, given the lack of a body. Add to that the fact that his large debt gave him a reason to disappear himself. But what kind of father leaves that debt for his daughter? He seems like a pretty cool guy, but he did seem a little manipulative when getting her to co-sign the loan.

The question is, if he re-appears, will it seem like some kind of supernatural resurrection? It would seem to make sense it will be related to the quasi-supernatural recent revelations at the Lodge. The show keeps hinting at the supernatural, but hasn't really gone there yet. Fate seems to be more of a driving force.

Thomas D and Borgia like this.
  17. Borgia

I imagine there would be an angle to his disappearance, then sudden reappearance. Like, he knew he was putting his 2 kids in a bind when he left, but he had to do it. And the reward would make it all worthwhile, in the end. But that is just idle speculation.
    Also, who the heck is this Captain? Why he is he so important?

Thomas D likes this.
  18. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident Thread Starter

He is apparently the head honcho of developments around there and makes decisions as to companies to hire. Whoever he is, he is a funny as hell device. A distant, mysterious figure no one seems to have ever met. He is talking on the phone and when he speaks the camera just shows a closeup of the phone. Then when someone new speaks to him Muzak comes on from his end. It would be funny if when we finally see him he is some sort of fat, slovenly guy, who burps while scratching his crotch.

19. rburly

I love this show! It can be scary, but it has something for everyone. Liz’s love life, Dud’s love life or the fact that Dud and Ernie are exact opposites of each other (age, outlook on life, carefree vs. cynical). Dud and Larry are connected to the True Lodge. It’s a great show.

20. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

"Trappist, my ass." ;)

rburly likes this.
  21. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I think the Captain is going to be = to the great and powerful Oz.

Dr. Bogenbroom, Thomas D and rburly like this.
  22. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Do the Cohen Brothers and Jeff Bridges get royalty cheques for this?

23. Dr. Bogenbroom

Dr. Bogenbroom I'm not a Dr. but I play one on SteveHoffman.TV

Oh, I'm enjoying the helloutta this. The acting can sometimes be "whewwww!" by a couple of the actors (the jousting scene was atrocious. :D), but overall this show is delightful.

Thomas D and rburly like this.
  24. rburly

It's so fun to watch. All the stories within the show are fun to watch. I look forward to each episode more and more each week.

Kyhl and Thomas D like this.
  25. Dr. Bogenbroom

Dr. Bogenbroom I'm not a Dr. but I play one on SteveHoffman.TV

That guy who plays Ernie....what a speaking voice! I don't know what it's called ...in music it'd be phrasing or similar...anyway, it's simply enjoyable to hear him speak. :)

Beer Milk Shake likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.