Bachelor in Paradise (ABC TV Show)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by snowman872, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowman872

snowman872 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Does anyone enjoy watching the reality dating show Bachelor in Paradise? The fourth season is underway. I must admit I always enjoy the show each summer now. It's always a hoot, and somewhat unpredictable. I think I like it better than the regular Bachelor shows.

I'm considering getting a romper like Jordan. What a cool fashion statement!

And what's the deal with Joe the Grocer? Why does he get so much attention and love? He seems like a very dull person to me.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  2. snowman872

No fans of this show here? Hard to believe! 'Fess up liars! :waiting:

3. snowman872

If you need to get a quick update on Bachelor in Paradise, Ellen's staff does a pretty good, brief recap of week 3. It covers all the creepy and/or psycho behavior by (some of the guys), the love "square" and other highlights so far. :righton:

Leo is surprising. He seems like a pretty cool dude on Becca's show, but wow he sure turned into an ass.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  4. Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan Forum Resident

I'll admit I watch this show and all the bachelor/ette seasons with my wife, although I'm less engaged in the Paradise show because the constantly changing cast and the free-for-all dating aspect reminds me more of crap MTV reality shows. I have a hard time recalling some of the cast from their previous batch stints as well, so I don't really feel connected to many. I do think that Tia sure is lovely to look at, but the guy she's after (Colton?) is pretty much a flake.

snowman872 likes this.
  5. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I liked it when it was "Bachelor Pad" and was an actual game with a winner and monetary prize. But then everyone go so upset about the guy choosing not to share and taking the award for himself, and they changed the format to make it a bland pointless exercise, imo. Haven't watcned any of the last few seasons.

snowman872 likes this.
  6. snowman872

Sometimes, Tia looks very attractive to me, other times not so much. I go back and forth. I totally agree about Colton. She should have dumped him long ago. The writing has been on the wall a long time he just isn't into her. I wish she would get it (or perhaps accept it). I was surprised about his turn around this week and deciding he wanted her to be his girlfriend. I don't really know what to make it, but I don't trust him and he seems emotionally immature.

7. snowman872

I never saw Bachelor Pad so I can't compare, but this show is really funny and entertaining to me.

8. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

My girlfriend LOVES this show. I watch it casually until I fall asleep. :)

snowman872 likes this.
  9. snowman872

On Facebook the Bachelor shows all seem to be a chick magnet. Girls outnumber guys posting about 20:1 or more.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  10. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

Tia does look better on the show than on the Bachelor. Maybe because she's is in swimwear and she looks nice and soft in all the right places. Then you see that awful tattoo of an owl. Kendall is absolutely stunning and I thought that since the Bachelor show.

Comet01 and snowman872 like this.
  11. snowman872

I agree about the owl tattoo on Tia. I'm not a fan in general of ink. Her blind spot about Colton is very troubling to me.

Kendall is very attractive, she seems intelligent and I like her personality but I can't really get over the taxidermy thing. I love animals and it disgusts me. It just seems wrong on many levels IMHO.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Texastoyz likes this.
  12. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

I would've liked to have seen Bekah Martinez come to Paradise but I guess since she got herself a boyfriend she's out of the running.

MekkaGodzilla, snowman872 and Lonson like this.
  13. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

My wife watches Bachelor, Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise. I watch along with her, usually with my laptop on my lap, not paying serious attention.

Personally I don't find Tia very attractive, it's odd to see her so sought after. I like Jubilee and Angela. They don't get much air time.

snowman872 likes this.
  14. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

heard that before :evil:

snowman872 likes this.
  15. snowman872

I didn't forget about Bachelor in Paradise last night! I watch it on Hulu the night after so that I can skip the commercials. Looking forward to it!

16. snowman872

I saw Monday's episode last night on Hulu (week 4, part 1).

Enjoyed Leo's meltdown after the Canadian dude told Kendall he made out with that other girl after his date. What a nasty man. I can see now why he is single. Kendall did not seem amused at all. Looks like things will boil over with Joe in part 2.

Poor Annaliese. The girl just can't get a break on this show. But ... she is starting to seem sort of desperate to find a love connection.

Thankfully no more drama with Colton and Tia on this episode.

Bartenders Wells and Yuki had about 15 seconds airtime. I was thinking what a cushy job he latched on to. If that producers aren't even going to use him, why is even around? It seems like the original bartender (from Mexico) played a more important role in the series.

17. snowman872

Eric's behavior was pretty lame on part 2 last week. Really weak to tell his partner he just "woke up" and wasn't into it anymore - so that he could go on a date with a new girl. What a fake player. He also bugs because I feel like he watched a lot of Chris Rock movies and tries to imitate him.

I also recently saw on Newsweek that Leo is allegedly under investigation for sexual harassment by Universal Studios. I believe he is employed there as a stuntman.

18. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

That Eric is a fool. Angela is very beautiful and she seems to be a very classy woman. She sure is a keeper.

Lonson and snowman872 like this.
  19. snowman872

What an epic 3 hour episode last Monday! So much drama.

Amazing to see Ashley I. back together again with Jared - and get engaged!? Wow, didn't see that coming. At least Jared seems out of his funk and happy to be with Ashley I. Cool clip with Rob Thomas.

Shocked that Colton and Tia broke up - one week after their date where they made their relationship as bf/gf formal. Shocked but not really. Colton is one of the biggest drips ever on the show IMHO. Has no clue what he wants and put Tia through a lot of unnecessary torture. Tia is to blame in part of course, because she should have dumped this fool a long age and remained blind to his ways. Anyway, they have now left Paradise.

Disappointed, but not surprised Eric dumped his long time partner on the show and give a new girl the rose. What an ass. He's toxic and all the girls know it. The girl he gave the rose to was just gaming him to stay on the show.

Glad to see the French guy remain true to Annaliese despite massive temptations from other girls going after him hard to get the rose. I fear she would have a break down if he broke up with her.

Bartender Wells finally got a few words on this episode. His air time increased to about 2 minutes instead of just one. Unfortunately, half of that was rehashing his favorite tale of Scallop Fingers. Yuki's contribution was marginal even though she is funny. Speaking of Scallop Fingers, she didn't stick around long this time.

Wow, and I still need to catch up with Part 2 for this week!

20. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I absolutely hate "reality" shows, especially ones like this.

I was flipping the channels a couple of weeks ago, I saw the intro to this show and thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen. I was cracking up at hearing "Almost Paradise" playing as these dopes ran around the beach looking completely idiotic. I called my wife over to see it and she laughed too. Then she left the room.

However, she comes back back 5 minutes later and says, "you're still watching this?" I said, "Yep...I'm hooked".

So I hate to admit it but I've enjoyed watching this train wreck...can't wait for the finale.

snowman872 likes this.
  21. snowman872

It's a funny show! But I also think it has very revealing insights into human behavior. It's almost like a a psychology study, with the producers running the experiment.

I caught up with Part 2 for this week. Dang, Shushanna really seems like a creepy whack job. The guys need to run from her, but then again she sabotages herself so perhaps there is no need to.

Joe didn't seem as good with kids as claimed and I think he became spooked now thinking about a real life relationship with Kendall. And he seemed to admit he had commitment issues. I see trouble ahead.

Eric continued to surprise us with his jarring, erratic behavior. He truly could benefit from some counseling before trying to have a relationship in the future. The waterworks sure were flowing as he rode away from Paradise!

Not convinced The Goose and Krystal have a real relationship. Neither can be trusted to be sincere. No way will this last.

The final two episodes are going to be great!

RK2249 likes this.
  22. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Definitely interesting to watch from a psychological point of view. Shushanna is a complete basket case. But really she's like every other person on that show to the nth degree. They all reek of desperation. No one wants to put in the effort to build a relationship, they just want to find instant love. Yes, I understand the premise of (and limitations of) a "reality" show" and what is expected of participants but these people behave like I did in my teens...and early 20's. Basically most everyone on the show has intimacy issues and tend to "fall in love" very quickly, lending to inevitable heartbreak.

On the lighter side, all of the above makes the show quite funny at times. Especially when someone like Shushanna shows up. Not that she's a "bad" person per se, but I've seen nicer people so it's fun to root against her...I guess. You know, the more I think about it, the less I know why I'm into this show.

Maybe it's better to not analyze it and just enjoy it :-popcorn:

snowman872 likes this.
  23. Fregly

Fregly Well-Known Member

These shows seem to have discovered a magic formula that chugs along year after year. I imagine a sorority ritual across the world where women get together to watch and slowly get drunk while half making fun of it. Genius, really.

snowman872 likes this.
  24. rjp

rjp Senior Member

my wife watches religiously, i have overheard some of the conversations....no one, and i mean no one talks like those people do in real life.

if those shows aren't scripted, they surely have to be rehearsed and re-shoots done. to add drama.

seriously, these people meet and in 2 - 3 weeks they fall in love and want to get married, how often does that really happen (probably much more than i want to know) :)

25. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I don't think it's scripted, but I do think the production assistants, "handlers" or animal trainers if you prefer, brainwash each of the cast prior to the interviews and rose ceremonies to achieve the narrative they're looking for. And they cherrypick ad-hoc conversations and make-out sessions to support that narrative. It's idiotic but damn entertaining. In a little microcosm of society like this, you can control everything just by choosing when to intro a new cast member or issue a date card. It's like lord of the flies: remove people from civilization, create a new set of rules and let chaos ensue.

Comet01 and snowman872 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.