Greta Van Fleet...Anyone?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tree of Life, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Don't let a vocal minority drive you away. Eventually they will find something else to occupy their "valuable" time.

Their first official album is coming soon. That roll out will be fun.

Paulwalrus and Sean like this.
  2. What is the release date? Haven't they been playing any songs from it in concert?

3. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident

They've played tracks "You're the One", and "Lover Leaver Taker Believer" consistently live.

4. artfromtex

They are playing some unreleased songs, but I do not know if those songs are intended for the album. They had a bunch of songs written when they went into the studio but then they unexpectedly wrote a bunch of new songs in the studio and bumped a lot of the older material off the record.

The album should be out this fall.

Paulwalrus likes this.
  5. No release date yet?

6. artfromtex

Nope.

7. Black Magic Woman

Black Magic Woman Forum Resident

Some days ago I was talking to some GVF fan girls and one of them came up with the idea of the band covering Janis’ Piece of My Heart and ever since that idea has been on my mind! I want my GVF Janis cover!

I’m getting into their music :hide:. Their last single sucked major ***, but Highway Tune is good!

8. Dart56

Dart56 Forum Resident

I discovered this band a few months ago, and absolutely love their music. I haven't heard a new rock album as good as "From the Fires" in years. I searched for them on this forum and was quite surprised that so many people are so hung up on the Led Zeppelin comparisons, what they look like, how they dress, etc... Don't people listen with their ears anymore?

Zep's been defunct for 40 years, they made their (multiple) millions, if these new guys have the chops and the desire to play in that style, I say more power to them! I know there are a lot of Led Zeppelin fans on this forum, I can't understand why they wouldn't be happy that this group is breathing new life into that style of music? Surely people get tired of playing the same 8 Zep albums over and over again...

I wonder if someone should start a new thread for those that don't give a **** what other bands GvF could be compared with, but that genuinely enjoy their music for what it is?

9. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

No, and it is 9, a couple of live albums and hundreds of boots. Never get tired of them. The one band I don't burn out on. Not that I don't love plenty of new stuff though, so it is not a lack of new music, I just don't hear the songs from GVF that others hear.

10. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Five albums for me. I lose interest after Houses of The Holy.

Fullbug, rnranimal and musicarus like this.
  11. Some of us don't think they have the chops.

Who shall start that new thread if not you?

12. Steve M.

Steve M. Forum Resident

Hardcore Led Zeppelin fans protest too much.

13. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

Well... Im a fan. I think the songs are great. Yes, they sound like Zep, but for me anyway, the songs are what grab me. I just love listening to them. I dont get tired of hearing them. I will be interested to see where they go and how they grow as they mature. But for me, songs like Safari, Black Smoke Rising, Highway Tune are just killer. I was interested to find out about their influences and what lead them to sound like they do now. If they come to Perth I will definitely be going :) Cant wait for the new album. Hopefully it will put the ghost of Zep to rest while still holding on to what I love about their music.

artfromtex and Paulwalrus like this.
  14. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

I wonder how much we'd have to GoFundThem to cancel it?

DHamilton and c-eling like this.
  15. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

Right? it's not as if Led Zeppelin are making new music...

I was thinking the same thing, we should start a new Greta thread for people who like them. I'll do it if someone hasn't already.

aroney, Brendan K, artfromtex and 2 others like this.
  16. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

17. BillyMacQ

BillyMacQ Forum Resident

I've been a Zep fan for more than 40 years and I don't think there's anything wrong with GVF. Their songs are not my cup of tea, and I doubt I will spend any money to see them or buy their music, but I think it's great that they're so obviously in love with the same style of music that dominated my life's soundtrack back when I was their age. In my experience, most (not all) hardcore LZ fans are dumb, dull and boring. I try to have as little to do with them as possible, and my life is better for it. Other than that, they're a barrel of laughs.

I hope GVF is very successful and has a long career.

Love,
    Billy

Paulwalrus, artfromtex and OberonOz like this.
  18. JosephRose

JosephRose Forum Resident

The GVF/LZ issue is fixed so easily.

I enjoy listening to Greta Van Fleet, and when I do so, I close my eyes and picture this:
    [​IMG]

It works for me!

Paulwalrus likes this.
  19. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Saw them recently, for the first time, on one of the talk shows. Fallon I think,
    Thought they were awful, couldn’t stand the singers voice.
    But that was live, will sample a few studio recordings

20. I thought that little girl was awesome on America's Got Talent - glad to hear she's making new music!

21. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

They need to cover ITTOD in its entirety.

22. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

23. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

Hate to say it, but there's a distinct possibility they might improve it :uhhuh:

Fullbug likes this.
  24. Steve M.

Steve M. Forum Resident

I like GVF too, but I have no desire to picture a sweaty bloke from the 70s. :winkgrin:

25. bamaaudio

bamaaudio Forum Resident

Not a big fan of 60s and 70s classic rock but they have some fun tunes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.