Coming to the US: Pioneer Elite UDP-LX500 Hi-Res Disc Player with stereo analog outputs $999.00*

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by soundboy, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member Thread Starter

Rendering of Pioneer Elite UDP-LX500 below:

[​IMG]

Read the specs here

2. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

3. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Interesting. "DVD" does not appear anywhere on that page. Wonder if it'll play DVD Audio/Video discs?

cdgenarian likes this.
  4. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

cdgenarian likes this.
  5. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Interesting. The VE website says it will have 7.1 analogs but the pic of the rear doesn’t show it. Hopefully they added them. There is also supposed to be a LX700 (or 800) introduced soon.

[​IMG]

cdgenarian likes this.
  6. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

^^^^That's not good.

2trackmind and SandAndGlass like this.
  7. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Not good at all. If it was a miss-typed spec it's a bad one. A deal breaker for me maybe. But the price is not bad if sound is spectacular.

8. Rocketstail

Rocketstail Forum Resident

I guess this old news but this is the back: [​IMG]

9. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

cdgenarian, Bill Mac and Rocketstail like this.
  10. Audiowannabee

Audiowannabee Forum Resident

Glad to see pioneer getting back into the game....however with no multi channel analog outs...i probably would not be interested....bummer

Carlox, apesfan, Nesto719 and 2 others like this.
  11. Rocketstail

But will it play region 1 and 2 dvd discs? I really need a new Blu-Ray player and am also thinking about getting a Cambridge Audio CXU-HD but really have to be sure that these will play the region 2 DVD's I have. I can get the Cambridge Audio player for probably 2/3 the price of this Pioneer.

12. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

wonder what DAC it uses ? not into MCH audio myself so no analogs for that doesn't bother me.

13. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

There is a DVD hack for Pioneer Blu-ray players but no one will know for sure if it works with this player until it comes out. If you don’t need analog outs it’s probably not worth spending the extra coin for the Pio.

Rocketstail likes this.
  14. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

For the price, it better play any and all disks you throw at it.

2trackmind and eyeCalypso like this.
  15. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Does anyone know if this model can play gapless flac from a USB hard drive?

16. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

Correct me if I am wrong but if a receiver or processor has DSD decoding on board (like most all modern receivers and processors) why would we need mlti-channel analog outputs on the player?

17. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Because some people may have better DACs, power supplies, etc, in their players.

18. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

I understand that for CD - but the OPPO 205 is often cited as being better than all these other machines and the main feature that the OPPO has that this Pioneer and other units don't have is that the OPPO has multi-channel analog RCA outputs so that it can do multi-channel SACD and DVD-Audio.

My understanding is that this multi-channel audio can be sent via the HDMI output and all you need is the amplifier to possess a DSD capable DAC.

Other than that connection and I suppose the XLR connections (which is mostly worthless unless you specifically need to have your player more than 30 feet from your amplifier thus requiring very long cables).

I'm just thinking if you have a new receiver - even a cheap Marantz 1509 Marantz US | NR1509 can take multi-channel SACD from HDMI.

Kind of looking for what this Pioneer loses out on versus the OPPO.

apesfan and Brother_Rael like this.
  19. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

If you just plan on spinning discs, the differences are pretty straightforward.

If you rip discs and play them back using the Oppo, there are many differences.

Just go to the Oppo page and read the feature list. Only you can decide if a given feature is one YOU will need.

Bill Mac likes this.
  20. soundboy

Photos from Pioneer introduction in Hong Kong

[​IMG]

and cheaper too....

[​IMG]

Converts to about US$890.00

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  21. soundboy

Video from Pioneer introduction in Hong Kong

22. Rocketstail

I don't think this Blu-Ray player will play any DVD video disc other than in the region where it is to be sold. In that Hong Kong video it is marked region 3. The ones I've seen from UK are marked region 2 and I guess the NA models will be only region 1. Last Blu-Ray player I bought would only do region 1 and I couldn't play all the Euro discs I have other than on a computer.

23. zoomin

zoomin Forum Resident

Because maybe the analog outputs of the Oppo 205 sound better then the cheap Marantz, and maybe better even then many mid-level AV receivers/processors.

The same way people use external DACs with CD players that already have DACs in them.

<EDIT> Ok, not the same way but in a similar way </EDIT>

DEG likes this.
  24. Nesto719

Nesto719 Active Member

Wish it had a built in dac on the back

25. cdgenarian

cdgenarian Forum Resident

Glad to know about this...Would buy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.