New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayseph

Jayseph Somewhere Between Penny Lane & Alphabet St.

Plans have changed. I now have time this morning to finally hear the full album! Just started. I am glad I can stream this while on vacation as my copy waits for me at home. All of your early reviews have made me really excited for what could be a great Macca journey. I loved New (still do) and Chaos & Creation (still do) and my love for Ram knows no bounds. As Egypt Station has been likened to these three the most I am really looking forward to finally hearing this new addition to Paul’s canon. Hold all calls, please.

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Side 2 RRS :)

3. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

4. rppvaldez

rppvaldez Forum Resident

According to the MOJO interview its the one he had 10 years ago (or was it 2005?)¡

5. postscripum

postscripum Forum Resident

No lyric booklet PDF with the album downloaded from Amazon UK. Very disappointed with that. But the music sounds great. Can't wait to have a proper listen later.

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I have been totally ignoring this thread, as I don't want to be influenced in any way once I hear the album. I plan to stream it first.

7. Strawflds

Strawflds Forum Resident

Grand Central is it !!!!

Mkirk, theMess, jammincrowe and 2 others like this.
  8. Well, as I said earlier the reviews are predictable although nowhere near as fawning as they usually are.

The album is not even close to RAM or CACITBY. It's a good step down from New which was hardly a classic. I've played it through 3 times now and I'm done.

Some of the songs are really quite poor. No one would bite if Paul's name wasn't on it. Worse still some of the better songs sound scarily close to a Liam Gallagher pastiche of a second tier Beatles song. The writing is lousy, production turgid and predictably modern (for a year or two anyway).

I've had to revisit the 80s or the lower half of Wings to find a period of time when he sounded this uninspired.

Back then his voice was much better though.

It's a shame when artists with great legacies don't know when to quit. Kudos to Paul Simon on that one.

At least Simon's new album doesn't have the desire or expectation of appealing to the younger generation. Macca's won't either which makes the glib opportunism here grate even deeper.

YMMV of course. This is an album for Paul fans alone. This isn't something his better albums were always limited to. I'm sure most people handing over money for this will like it, as least for a week or two. You know who you are.

9. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

It is! It was there just after midnight, but you had to click on his artist name on one of his other albums to find it on the subsequent page. Wasn’t searchable.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  10. beatle_giancarlo

beatle_giancarlo Forum Resident

Happy Egypt Station release day, folks!!!!! This is it! :cop::cool:;):p:righton:

11. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

fun, but also sad fact: Egypt Station is released the same day as the John Lennon US postage stamp.

12. efegarcia

efegarcia Forum Resident

HEEEEELLLLPPPP..can you please..please..Help Me..!!

After more thann a month with the pre-order....yesterday I received a mail..my order for the colored vinyl in PM.COM ..was cancelled..( i don't know why"...i will try to know something today..but now..I don't have the colored vinyl copy...and it's SOLD OUT in the UK shop...please...

Someone knows where to find the colored version?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HELP...!!!

In the USA shop only ships to USA

PD..All the deluxe are colored..or there are deluxe editions in black vinyl?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  13. Mee too

14. efegarcia

efegarcia Forum Resident

You have your order cancelled too..??

fungomatto likes this.
  15. Tom Holvey

Tom Holvey Forum Resident

Debating whether to listen now over Spotify or wait for the record to be delivered, finding it very hard to resist at the moment... :shh:

16. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

HMV Leeds looks to have about a dozen copies of the £40.99 Deluxe vinyl (black I assume?), and plenty of the normal and deluxe CD versions.

I was there as they opened this morning at 9am, as the shutters went up slowly I considered doing an Indiana Jones style tuck and roll when they got about 2 feet high, but as there was no one else in the queue I decided it perhaps wasn't necessary!

Anyway, back home now with it. My maccathon I started a couple of weeks ago was nicely timed, I just have Hope For The Future and In The Blink Of An Eye remaining, and then I'm going in!

17. Dr Hibbert

Dr Hibbert Forum Resident

I love this album. This is the Macca album I’ve been waiting for.

Eska68, Carl80, The Band and 5 others like this.
  18. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Cesar Rock is really really good, trippy and blues and rock all at the same time. Lovin' it

whisper3978, theMess, FKA002 and 3 others like this.
  19. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I know what you mean, but a first listen to new Beatles material leaves me in a state of minor shock. It's a lot to process. It's like being at a party with your closest friends and 16 new people drop in, ya gotta get acquainted.;)

theMess likes this.
  20. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Starting to have fun with the album and listened to Do it now it strucked me that the sentiment and music of that song had something in common with the finishing song from Brian Wilsons latest album. The song is called The last song and listening to that one straight after Do it now was very special experience

theMess, speedway and Eska68 like this.
  21. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

22. The Band

The Band Forum Resident

Sure that must be related to confirmation bias... ;)

23. Bop789

Bop789 Well-Known Member

Took me an hour last night to get the files from my computer to my phone. Had a bit of a melt down and swore on here. My apologies. X

A well respected man likes this.
  24. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.