New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Ouch. That’s why God created CD players with remotes:cheers:

TimR and forthlin like this.
  2. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

3. reverendjim

reverendjim Forum Resident

I went looking for it this morning at the Target at 14th and A in NYC. No sign of the album.

4. boxmannn

boxmannn Well-Known Member

Same here. My first email was responded to after about a day and a half, asking for my order number and which website I used. All I had to give them was the invoice # from my PayPal receipt. I also asked if they could link the orders to my just created account . We'll see.

5. No, I disagree. I said that I thought most people buying it will like it because a) they are either hardcore fans and probably a little less critical than your average person but will find something to like in it (that's quite normal) and will auto-purchase it or b) they have listened to it through and decided to buy only after hearing it (lesser fans like myself), in which case they are highly unlikely to be dissuaded by someone like me making negative comments about it.

Also, you are wrong to assume my mind was made up after I heard the singles. I wouldn't have stayed up last night to stream something I was hellbent on dissing. I had hope that I would like at least some of the rest but I maintain that I don't think the album is very good. Sorry.

Frank likes this.
  6. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Why didn't you first go to the Target website and see if it was available at the specific stores you went to?

forthlin, Darrin L. and reverendjim like this.
  7. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

The HMV 18 track CD shipped on Wenesday.

Didn't sadly arrive a day early as I had hoped.

Hadn't arrived when I left for work today.

Came home for lunch at midday. Still no delivery. Drat!

12:15pm: a noise at the door. Egypt Station has arrived. Sadly I need to leave for work! Rats!

Now a little over an hour until I leave for home. I think I can manage to get through that.

Just need to engineer a window tonight for an uninterrupted listen.

forthlin likes this.
  8. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I knew he was going to do it!

Today is Independence Day here in Brazil (national holiday, everything is closed) and Paul has just posted a video for the song BACK IN BRAZIL with the message "Happy Independence Day, Brazil!"

I was there during the making of some of those scenes, but I didn't know it at the time.

theMess, Tord, forthlin and 2 others like this.
  9. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

theMess likes this.
  10. The Band

The Band Forum Resident

Because that's someone's opinion maybe? :rolleyes:

theMess, jlf, Eska68 and 2 others like this.
  11. The Band

The Band Forum Resident

You mean you disagree with someone's else's opinion of your own opinion?!? o_O

theMess and Billy Budapest like this.
  12. reverendjim

reverendjim Forum Resident

Guilty of that here. D'oh!

13. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

That sucks.. Where are you from? I looked online and not only can you order it there again, but it's said to be "in stock" at every store in my area.
    I hope that's the case! I'll be at one in 40 min.

14. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I'm in the Denver Metro area.

15. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Heh.
    I could have stopped at Target on my way to work to pick up Egypt Station but then I got ...The Fear. :D

What it they only have a couple of copies ? Whst if it's sold out already?? !

I can't be the only nerd in the area that has to have it so I drove over to Target an hour after they opened .

I didn't have to worry . They had 15 copies out in their CD area and I could tell by the display that I bought the first one. No mania these days .:p

16. Mister President

Mister President Forum Resident

Just listened to the whole album on Deezer...so so for me. 5/10 as it is.

I still think Fuh You is terrible and I would have ditched People Want Peace and the last medley. Station 1 and 2 add nothing...There's a better 10 track version (and 40 mins!) in there somewhere.

SteveM likes this.
  17. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Oh...you mean the samewebsite that told me the Belmar location ad four in stock, but when I got there, they had no idea what I was talking about. But hey, thanks for the snark.

JDeanB likes this.
  18. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

theMess and CDC like this.
  19. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Decided to go for the hi-res download instead of the physical CD. I'll miss out on the two bonus tracks for the time being but NEW sounded a lot better on the hi-res download. Finished downloading. Listening later. See you on the other side. It was a fun thread.

theMess, Paul H and The Band like this.
  20. Mkirk

Mkirk Forum Resident

Billboard ran an article on Paul's appearance on Fallon and it said:

Regarding the secret New York City show slated for Friday night, McCartney didn't hesitate to hint about a possible location. "The album title is Egypt Station, so there might be a little clue in there. It's in New York so it might be... a Grand show." Expect the lines at Grand Central to be longer than ever this Friday.

Paul McCartney Hints at 'Egypt Station' NYC Secret Show Location, Performs 'Come On To Me' on 'Tonight Show': Watch

theMess and vertigone like this.
  21. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

It might be best to stick to describing your own dislike for the album rather than thinking you know why other people will like it. ... (Your posts have seemed hellbent on dissing the album, but only you know if that's the case, so fair enough if it wasn't. Sorry for jumping to that conclusion.)

theMess, JDeanB, Frank and 1 other person like this.
  22. Lownote30

I got one held for me at a local Target here in Nashville. It's paid for and waiting for me at the store so I can pick it up after work.

23. Lownote30

No snark. Only fact. I ordered one to be held for me at my local store location. They'll even send you a text when it's ready.

24. Yayastone

Yayastone Forum Resident

I love “I Don’t Know” with station intro.
    Reminds me of the pepper intro

This album definitely offers a bit from all Macca era’s

Question.
    Were brick and mortar shops given any exclusive extras for this release?

I’ll try and pick up a poster at Target

theMess, The Band and Mkirk like this.
  25. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

CDC and mrjinks like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.