New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Some independent record stores were given prints of the cover to distribute.

Yayastone likes this.
  2. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I am watching it now. Maybe it's geo-blocked to some regions?

3. JAMES A KELEMAN

JAMES A KELEMAN Forum Resident

Same thing happened in 2 stores in Connecticut. None out on shelf but a spot was made for them. First store didn't have any so I went to another one and same thing but luckily the guy was able to find 10 in the back!

4. In 2018 I’m not surprised in Targets lack of having new CDs in their stores. I would never count on them at all anymore.

5. Arnold Grove

The 2 Egypt Station threads are running neck and neck at the top of the Music threads here. Seems more people are posting in this older thread still.

theMess and The Band like this.
  6. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Damn, that's awesome. I pass through there on my commute home every day. So I wonder if the "win free admission to secret show" is maybe for an up-close VIP area, and the rest is publicly accessible? I guess I'll find out later today. I imagine the acoustics in there to be very boomy and echo-y.

7. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Think the new one was unnecessary really, can't it be merged with this? Otherwise we're going to have two concurrent discussions and lots of overlap.

CDC likes this.
  8. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

I I was at target superstore right when they opened at 8 AM this morning. They had one copy of Egypt station. Glad I didn’t sleep in! Off to Barnes & Noble

9. Arnold Grove

Yes, very confusing to have 2 at the same time.

theMess and CDC like this.
  10. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

Imagine that: There are people on this planet with a notably different taste from yours...

theMess, jlf, JoeRockhead and 2 others like this.
  11. sadchel

sadchel Forum Resident

To those of us in Canada, Sunrise Records has the deluxe cd version. I just picked it up at a Sunrise in Toronto

mikecarrera likes this.
  12. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

I just got my Barnes & Noble exclusive red vinyl set. Played Side 1 and it's much less compressed than the CD and sounds just wonderful! It's a 140 gram pressing and super quiet - at least Side 1. The way to go to listen to the main album as it breathes more than the CD. The CD isn't horrible but the sound of the vinyl is better

At least the Barnes & Noble red vinyl pressing is great - so far!

whisper3978, Mkirk and Did I ever? like this.
  13. CDC

CDC Forum Resident

Woo Hoo, I like Driving Rain A lot!! I haven't heard Egypt Station yet, picking it up today. I'll hold off on rating it against his or other former Beatle solo LP's until I've had it for a few months. I always enjoy having new music so much that it clouds my judgement for the 1st few weeks:).

14. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

15. The Band

The Band Forum Resident

Me too.

theMess and Yayastone like this.
  16. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

What fact...I'm dealing with a bunch of incompetents...maybe they'll get a shipment, if they do...they don't know when, or if they will...ahhh...keep calling back every day. At this point, I've really soured on this. I listened to that majority of it on YouTube, and was completely underwhelmed, so I think I'll just skip this one.

17. freddiebell

freddiebell Forum Resident

Well ... uh ... um ... uh ... maybe. To me the tune is kind of catchy, but (especially lyrically) it is way too repetitive, to the point that I get the urge to move on before it ends. The more I hear it, the more that impression hardens inside me. Last night on Fallon I found myself eager for it to end. To my ears it was a decent performance of a mediocre song -- by his lofty standards of accomplishment. (My wife agrees with this assessment, and, as you might imagine, she is always right. :D) I expect more and better from him because he has shown, many times over, that he is capable of it.

I haven't heard the full album yet, so I hope to be more pleasantly surprised by some of the other tracks (e.g. "Despite Repeated Warnings," which I liked at first listen a few days ago). I'm banking on the historical fact that Sir Paul isn't always the most accurate judge of what his best material is.

Tord, The Band and Bemagnus like this.
  18. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Me too. Now what do you hear when he says, "Fuh You"?

I'm really liking this album. I did not expect to like ti as much as New, which I thought was his best since Tug of War. I didn't think he could do that again, and although this is pretty different it is at least as good.

theMess, scoostraw and Mkirk like this.
  19. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Can you share the link?

20. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Opening Station:

Credits

Written and composed by Paul McCartney
    Produced by Greg Kurstin
    Co-produced by Paul McCartney
    Recorded at Emmanuel Presbyterian Church, LA, on 1st February 2018
    Engineered by Steve Orchard and Alex Pasco, assisted by Julian Burg, Matt Tuggle and Brad Giroux
    Choral Arrangement by David Campbell
    Mixed by Mark ‘Spike’ Stent, assisted by Michael Freeman and Derek Stockwell at Henson Studios, LA
    Published by MPL Communications Inc
    (P) 2018 MPL Communications Inc

Choir: PAGE LA STUDIO CHORUS
    Vocal Contractor: Bobbi Page
    Choir: Josh Bedlion, Joanna Bushnell, Amick Byram, Elin Carlson, Laura Dickinson, Monique Donnelly, Ally Feder, Jessica Freedman, Diane Freiman Reynolds, Katie Hampton, James Harper, Walt Harrah, Ayana Haviv, Jennifer Haydn-Jones, Katherine Hoye, Laura Jackman, Raven Kane, Monica Lee, Edie Lehmann Boddicker, Scott Mayo, Donna Medine, Bobbi Page, Ann Sheridan, Fletcher Sheridan, Susie Stevens, Suzanne Waters, Greg Whipple and Gerald White

Source: Opening Station - Paul McCartney - Egypt Station

21. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Yes, I posted the video twice in this thread. Is it not showing to you?

I'l put an extra "x" before the actual link this time so that you can see the letters instead of the video:

xhttps://www.facebook.com/PaulMcCartney/videos/538319739930496/

22. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

23. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Didn't see a red band on the 16-track edition...

24. JAMES A KELEMAN

JAMES A KELEMAN Forum Resident

I understand why the bonus tracks weren't put on the album but man...I much rather would have listened to Get Started in place of Back in Brazil or Caesar Rock

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  25. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I'd love to know how its mastered compared to the CD which is properly squashed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.