American Horror Story (S8): Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Witchy Woman, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just saw this teaser for the first time. It has the usual creepy and disturbing images. It premieres Sept. 12.—I’m marking my calendar!

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Last season ?

3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Best trailer I've ever seen. Very cool.

4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Seems to bring back Murder House and Coven in new trappings. Should be interesting.

5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Does this have a continuity story ?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  6. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Still waiting for Season 7 to show up on Netflix. I binge watched the first 6 seasons during my vacation last fall. Loved 'em all but found certain parts of Hotel to be a bit boring but it was still decent.

7. David Egan

David Egan Forum Resident

Taissa Farmiga x 2! She will be murdered at least once but hopefully will get plenty of episodes. I will be surprised if Emma Roberts lasts more than one episode but I always look forward to seeing her murdered.

8. Lonson

9. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

Does Joan Collins have dual citizenship? She's often seen in shows being filmed in, as well as being seen out and about in, both London and Los Angeles. I know her late younger sister Jackie had such citizenship.

10. MikeInFla

Wow, this looks "busy". I can't wait! But still have to see the last season first. And I hope Queenie returns. And boy am I dumb! I just realized the actress that plays Zoe is Vera Farmiga's younger sister!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  11. MikeInFla

12. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I didn't spot Jessica Lange during the promo but see that she's listed with the rest scheduled to appear. Here's hoping it's more than just a cameo as the show's better when she's in it, regardless of season!

MikeInFla and Kubricker like this.
  13. Did anyone watch this last night?

Garbage.

Oh my, what a mess.

If you added a little film grain to the image it would have been identical to a '70s C-list shlock fest, except with cell phones.

I could have done a better job at filming this with a polaroid camera.

I can't wait for next week's episode. :D

14. Lonson

I don't expect fine cinematography with this show! I thought it had a promising beginning. . .and already is devolving somewhat. . . but I'll watch next week.

MikeInFla likes this.
  15. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I"m interested to see how they handle the further integration of the two early seasons into this season. Obviously the character at the end of the episode is from the first season.

I enjoyed it, and hope it sustains my interest for the entire season. Roanoke started out strong IMO but fell apart. Hotel was just schlocky sex and violence, with no interesting plot. I'm hopeful they've regained some of the early mojo.

She was in both seasons that this one is the sequel to - in Murder House, she played the girlfriend of Evan Peters' ghost, and daughter of Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott. And in Coven, she was one of the primary witches, Zoe.

16. Witchy Woman

I found it mostly underwhelming, although it started off great. The Victorian dress and style seemed odd, although I guess it’s supposed to encourage strict social convention and conformity. There’s a lot that hasn’t been explained that hopefully will get revealed over time. After 18 months of food cubes, shouldn’t they all be skinnier?

17. Lonson

I thought the enforced old style clothes was sort of a snarky nod to A Handmaid's Tale (Hulu version).

jpelg likes this.
  18. A lot of stuff made little sense. Sometimes no sense at all.

I thought the first 2 seasons were killer. The circus one was pretty cool, too.

I'm tellin' ya, these guys are spreading themselves too thin.

19. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Just watched it. I liked it. Completely different, like last season's Trump series. Sometimes, I can only take so much blood and gore, and this one was nicely gore light. I also like that it's somewhat Sci-fi with a weird Omega Man vibe. I will always watch these series. I never thought I would, but the writer's always keep it fun with black humor and the best part is the cast, lead by Sarah Paulson. is always superlative.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    MikeInFla likes this.
  20. MikeInFla

Watched it on the DVR last night and I enjoyed it. This is the first season I have seen during its run. The first 6 I saw on Netflix and I have yet to see 7. Not sure if it is on Netflix yet but when it is I will binge watch it. First episode was interesting and I am in for the long haul good or bad.

21. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Watched every season. So far, a bit bland, hopefully things will fall into place.

22. Witchy Woman

The plot thickens. This week’s episode was much better than last week’s. The revelation about Mallory was the highlight. The young lovers are still boring though. I look forward to seeing the new arrivals in the next episode.

MikeInFla and dmiller458 like this.
  23. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

I loved ending of the last episode. But I would have preferred Season of the Witch over She's A Rainbow.

24. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

How does an actress that good fly under the radar for so long? I've gone back and watched most of her movies now. I've also checked out her previous shows Jack & Jill and Studio 60. She was the only reason I watched that OJ series.

25. David Egan

David Egan Forum Resident

Ballsy of them to make unrelenting tedium a theme of the first two episodes. Not bad but a bit like the first segment of a Law & Order where they chase a red herring until we find out what the story is really about. Something has to happen with Evan Peters role as it is not worthy of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.