Avengers: Infinity War

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by 5th-beatle, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

No extended just theatrical.
    Ok !:righton:

2. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

That's a little insulting I think to Hurt. I think it's only hardcore Who fans who would remember such a fine actor as just the War Doctor!

If he will be remembered for anything then the War Doctor is a long way down the list starting with Kane from Alien, John Merrick, Winston Smith, Garrick Olivander and Quentin Crisp.

wayneklein and Simon A like this.
  3. alexpop

Old Man Peanut:agree:

4. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

I'm guessing Hawkeye makes a big appearance in the next movie similar to the time he basically single-handedly saved the team from the Collector.

I also think the next movie Cap will be Cap. I don't think they will really kill anybody off in the end. I expect in the short term there to be no more Iron Man or Cap in the next few movies but would completely expect to see them both down the road even as cameos. Captain Marvel (or really Ms. Marvel/Warbird) isn't going to have the same marquee appeal that Marvel's biggest heroes have. In fact, with the latest developments concerning Fox, I would think that there will probably be a push to focus more on integrating X-Men and the Fantastic Four. Or at least bringing in some of those villains (especially Dr. Doom). We'll see. It should be interesting.

Going off on a tangent... but I would love for the next movie to end with the time stone opening a rift in time and out pops the Fantastic Four direct from 1961! Make them adventurers from an alternate earth reality and don't modernize them at all.

LSP2003, David Campbell and mx20 like this.
  5. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Absolutely. It's akin to saying that his performance in The Sweeney was better than anything else he's done.

Jim B. likes this.
  6. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Liked this so much I've already watch the blu a second time. I think Goonie Josh Brolin should get oscar nom.

7. snowman872

snowman872 Forum Resident

God I hope not. It was so long already. I literally fell asleep at some point in the middle.

8. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I thought this film sucked.

snowman872 likes this.
  9. alexpop

Infinity Wars related- Ant Man Wasp ... cast/production credits sneak was a goodie, second Yamaha or Roland ? :D

jhm likes this.
  10. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

You said you fell asleep during Ant Man as well. Perhaps it's your age.

11. snowman872

snowman872 Forum Resident

I think it is related to all these comic books movies flooding the theatre. For the most part I am not a big fan. I have been going to them for free thanks to MoviePass and to see what all the buzz is about. For some reason, I did find Deadpool more interesting. I did not fall asleep watching him. Perhaps because it is more sarcastic and humorous.

12. alexpop

Happens.
    I seen a 10.45 am performance.
    No probs.
    :D

13. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Wow it just occurred to me - I thought I just liked those early bird senior discount times because they were cheap but it's also easier to stay awake at a 10:00 AM show! Bonus! :righton:

snowman872 and The Hud like this.
  14. alexpop

Cinema empty no restaurant eaters.
    Perfect no unpleasant people. :D

jpelg, snowman872 and jhm like this.
  15. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Yeah, early shows are the best! Easier to sneak in granola too! And a portable coffee maker. And a tv tray, with some olive salad or tapenade, orange slices. Maybe a toaster if you want some english muffins or a bagel. No one complains if you munch on an apple.

16. I'm hoping they don't kill the character of Cap. I'm hoping that they just on the mantle.

17. alexpop

That's what a tv is for.:D

18. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

It's not the same. There's an air of danger that enhances the movie-going experience.

19. alexpop

Danger ?
    Flying popcorn. :D

20. alexpop

Got the 3D embossed Steelbook blu-ray( beaut). Now just have to wait another eight months to see avengers infinity wars pt2.:D

21. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I think Steve dies. He's the only one whose actor has already confirmed that A4 is it for him. Thematically it makes sense for Steve, and perhaps maybe Tony also , to die in exchange for the ones who crumbled to ash.if none of our leads die and all the crumbled to ash also come back and everything is hunky dory , then really there are no stakes in the MCU. At this point someone important will have to die. Since it all sort of started with Cap's "birth", it makes narrative sense this ends with Cap's death. It will be a bittersweet end. Cap's mantle may pass to someone else though.

As for the rest of the Original team...

Tony-He may die...and I would not be surprised if Tony is prepared to sacrifice himself, and it's Steve that " takes the bullet" or they both die together. I think he lives though, but this whole episode forces him to reassess his life and he retires as Iron Man hands the mantle off to someone else (Don Cheadle's Jim Rhoades), and settles down with Pepper. However, RDJ's Tony sticks around to cameo in other Marvel films as Tony Stark.

Thor: He lives, but leaves Earth and the Avengers to take his place as the ruler of the last survivors of his people. Ragnarok was such a big hit and even though I really didn't like it, Marvel would be stupid not to do a follow up with that movie's director. Maybe even fold the Guardians franchise into Thor since James Gunn's firing pretty much killed that franchise. There is a Marvel comics series called " Asgardians of the Galaxy" now that stars characters from both franchises so that's a way forward for both.

HULK/Banner- they live...but by the end of 4 I see them doing a riff on the Peter David written Hulk series where Banner's consciousness was in control of Hulk's body. Banner's brain controling the Hulk's brawn. No more transformations. Probably remains an Avenger.

Hawkeye- Lives. Probably one of the few to remain an Avenger.

Black Widow-Lives. She has a rumored solo film coming up. Probably remains an Avenger.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Except that nobody ever really dies in comic books. They always find a way to resurrect the character, via time-travel, cloning, magic, other dimensions, you name it. Every major comic character has been killed in the last 50-60 years, but they've always come back... partly because there's money to be made, but also because there's always new stories to be told.

Willowman and alexpop like this.
  23. alexpop

This.

24. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

True...but I think at the very least Steve Rogers is taken off the board for awhile and death, even if temporary, would be a way to go. Wait 7 or so years and bring Steve back with a new actor in the role. Hell a few years back they had Steve die for awhile and put Bucky into the Captain America mantle for a couple years, and briefly they had a story where Steve was forced to retire and Falcon became Cap. I see either happening.

Marvel has so many characters they can rotate them around, temporarily kill them or have them go missing or whatever and eventually when there is another story to be told, they can recast.

25. GregM

GregM The expanding man

All plausible. I can only say what I would like to see. Hopefully another Ant Man film for a trilogy--and I also hope to see Ant Man in Infinity War II.

I would really like a good, solid Iron Man movie that captures the spirit of the first one. IM2 and IM3 were terrible and I don't wish to see him sail off into the sunset in the sequal to Infinity War as you predict.

I don't think SJ has the appeal with this genre such that Black Widow could carry a solo film but I would watch it. My kiddo likes seeing her and complains when females aren't adequately represented in any sort of films.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.