The big disappointment: announced but never released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by no time, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSUB

JSUB Forum Resident

"John Zorn + Yamantaka Eye "Live in China" 100 CDs set" (Sound Factory)
    Pre-order ads ran in the back of The Wire magazine in 1996, was pushed back to 1997 then Sound Factory went defunct.

Ricardo Perfecto and mr.datsun like this.
  2. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

The Red Rose Speedway archive set.

3. Apache Chief

Apache Chief Forum Resident

Frank Ocean - channel ORANGE vinyl

pghmusiclover likes this.
  4. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

The amount of stuff Robert Smith of The Cure has announced and promised over the years could be its own category:

The Cure In Orange on DVD
    Show on DVD
    The remix / remake album with mixes by Mogwai, The Twilight Sad and many others
    4:14 Scream - the supposed “darker” sequel to 4:13 Dream
    Reissues of the later albums from Wish onwards (Wish in fact was supposed to come out this fall, IIRC)

5. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I don't know that he ever said "4 disc set", but yeah it was mentioned at this time:

"a holiday boxed set of Wings rarities, studio outtakes, and previously unissued performance documents"
    When will the solo album you're working on now be released?

I don't know, really. I will be finished before the summer, so it could possibly come later in the year.

Really, along with the Wings boxed set?

Well, really they're quite different things. The box set is a big Christmas gift item. This [solo album] is a regular CD. So I'm not sure they'd interfere with each other. But this is the kind of thing I talk with the record company about. If they've got major worries, then I listen to them. We'll see.​

6. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

Peter Gabriel used to often say in interviews, "I'd like to put out an odds n' sods compilation [b-sides, rarities] at some point." But it never happens. Apparently some of this might be coming to Spotify in the future though. :/

7. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

I’ve given up on Stevie entirely. I’d be surprised if we see anything new albums from him until after the inevitable.

Jay Graydon and Randy Goodrum have been working on the sequel to JaR’s “Scene 29” for 11 years and announced it’s eminent completion about a year ago.

Ed

dockofthebay likes this.
  8. Nostaljack

Read the thread

Ed

9. fenderesq

fenderesq In Brooklyn It's The Blues / Heavy Bass 7-7

Months ago; 6 maybe; maybe more or less Mr. Hoffman posted he was working on something and it was going to be great. I don't believe "it" ever materialized... whatever it might have been. Let me add; I might not have noticed and it did happen or the nature of the project was discussed and I just missed it. ...Whatever it was. I can't say it was a big disappointment actually; particularly as I never knew what it was... but I would have liked to know.

10. Nostaljack

How big of a disappointment can it be if you don’t know what it was?

Ed

11. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

I'm still waiting for Olivia Tremor Control's swan song The Same Place to come out.:waiting:

SirNoseDVoid likes this.
  12. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

This is ridiculous that these haven't happened yet, especially with so many people requesting them AND because they are already in the can, just sitting collecting dust!

Simon A, longaway, AZRunner and 3 others like this.
  13. fenderesq

That's exactly what I said. What I added moments after I'd initially posted. You've got quick fingers my friend... and a keen sense of relativity.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Nostaljack likes this.
  14. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

That one and even more for me, the "Sinatra/Jobim" sessions, which, just like the "September Of My Years" album, were all mixed for surround sound and again, just like the Elton 5.1's, are just sitting collecting dust!

Simon A and Jarleboy like this.
  15. Nostaljack

I’m assuming what you edited out was the “you hypersensitive twat” bit. LOL!!!

Ed

16. fenderesq

Willis Alan Ramsey's Gentilly. Decades in the making.

Davmoco, philly67 and belardd like this.
  17. swedwards1960

swedwards1960 Forum Resident

The live Lovin’ Spoonful pre-hits tape from the Night Owl.

18. fenderesq

Not at all... not at all. Anyone in the D.C. area gets a dispensation due to proximity. Also LOL! < I've never before used that; what would you call it; an, an; not an abbreviation but an... it'll come to me. Anyway; there's a first time for everything. I guess that'd make this, my reply a monumental landmark moment for me.

Nostaljack likes this.
  19. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

House of Usher by Les Baxter - The closing credits read "Original soundtrack album on AIP Records."

It finally came out on CD more than 50 years later.

Brian Mc likes this.
  20. fenderesq

...Acronym; that's it an acronym. When I first heard and saw LOL I thought it meant Lots Of Love... which you imagine was a blow to my ego when I understood the actual meaning of the "acronym". I though I was being told of someones' affection for me and in reality I was being laughed at. Talk about your hypersensitive twats.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Jarleboy and Nostaljack like this.
  21. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

22. hamicle

hamicle Forum Resident

I hadn’t previously heard about this...things work slowly in Blue Nile world, I suppose.

Wasn’t there also a second Paul Buchanan solo LP supposedly on the way a year or so ago?

PJayBe likes this.
  23. Saul Pimon

Saul Pimon Co-hosts Nothing Is Real Beatles Podcast (Jason!)

Pink Floyd - Spare Bricks
    I know the story goes that this evolved into the Final Cut album, but there is enough different versions of things in The Wall movie that a proper soundtrack album would be nice. (Overall, the immersion edition of The Wall was a lost opportunity. A proper movie soundtrack should’ve gone in there.)

24. pokemaniacjunk

pokemaniacjunk Forum Resident

Howard Kaylan said he was working on a new album in his book, its been around 5 years since the book was released

25. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

CSN covers album (with Rick Rubin). I want to hear an official release of their version of “Behind Blues Eyes” and “Ruby Tuesday”, at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.