Bob Dylan – Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks (2 Nov 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 2, 2016.

1. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

I'm thinking of our benefactor in 1995, mainly. I know these documents aren't in general circulation and usually only come about from some effort. That part's definitely appreciated because I find these kinds of things fascinating. But it was irresponsible of that person to not black out certain bits of inessential data before sharing it.

Percy Song and HominyRhodes like this.
  2. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Not an excuse at all. Dylan has had a management team for virtually his entire career that handles all such matters, except those matters handled directly by his record company. It is extremely doubtful that he takes any lead role in anything but the music and his other art works. He might approve or reject release concepts, but he might even leave that to others at this point.

3. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

I don't understand the release structure of this set. Every Bootleg Series has had a 2CD version--except this one. Blood on the Tracks is a masterpiece but I have no desire (which is good because I lack the funds) to get the 6 CD version to hear multiple versions of the same 10 or so tracks. But a two disc version featuring a few out-takes and different mixes (and maybe a couple demos?) would be great to have.
    On the other hand, maybe this would fit on one CD anyway.

4. You are spot on! And not only that but I would imagine Dylan has no real interest in the Bootleg Series, apart from giving his approval on certain things, and even then a lot of what gets released is to extend the copyright so Bob leaves it to the label.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  5. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

You may just have to wait until a friend buys it and then listen to his copy, or forget about desires and just get it.

Mr. Explorer and JoeF. like this.
  6. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Desires? That reminds me.... I wonder what Bootleg Series 15 going to cover?

7. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

For those of you that own the ‘New York Sessions’ cd: Don’t put it up for sale.

8. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

You mean the blood on the tapes boots?

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  9. veon

veon Forum Resident

Why on earth would a 6 disc edition of BOTT not include the 5 NYC cuts? Granted they are pretty widely bootlegged, but you woukd think they’d be added for posterity. Confounding

enro99 likes this.
  10. Gus S.

Gus S. Well-Known Member

Srsly?

11. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

Same reason I still have my old Basement Tapes and others. Different mixes between the old versions and official tracks.

Also, regarding 1cd/2cd/6cd - there technically hasn't been any official news. I bet every level of interest will be served some form of sadness and misery.

12. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Not includeding all the test pressing cuts (again) would be downright spooky.

13. JMGuerr

JMGuerr Forum Resident

Yep.

14. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Well, disappointing, but not unexpected. Thanks for clarifying!

asdf35 likes this.
  15. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Yes, that would be my guess at what @Mbd77 meant -- although he is strongly encouraged to elaborate! :agree: Since the new box will likely feature all new mixes, you never know what you might or might not prefer from the vintage 1974 mixes. I think all the relevant takes will be included -- heck, I think ALL the takes of EVERYTHING (NYC) will be included ... I mean, what else would be going on all those CDs?
    Indeed ... with or without the organ!

Mr. Explorer and asdf35 like this.
  16. mightyquinn61

mightyquinn61 Forum Resident

- 1992/93 - Bromberg sessions, Good as I Been to You & World Gone Wrong sessions.
    - Infidels sessions.
    - Shot of Love sessions
    - Never ending tour

Mr. Explorer and bonus like this.
  17. mightyquinn61

Alan Jones from Uncut would have heard BS14 by now. He might be a 'source'.

18. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Is the 1975 tour footage that was supposed to be released as a new documentary still a thing?

19. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Yes, but they're waiting on Martin Scorsese to finish editing the footage in betwixt his movie projects.

20. mightyquinn61

Scorsese should film Bob's shows at the Beacon in November.

siveld and jlf like this.
  21. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

If you’re interested in having a copy of the original acetate, in that sequence, on a single cd, keep it. I’m thinking mainly if you have it as a factory-pressed disc and sequencing means something to you. If you have a homemade cd-r or ‘Blood On The Tapes’, or the concept of listening to an ‘unreleased’ album in a particular sequence doesn’t matter to you, don’t worry too much.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  22. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

AKA Videograph, part 2. I think this will be next year. Scorsese’s involvement is minimal - a name to add weight to it.

23. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

A bit more info flying around yesterday and today - I won’t disrespect the sources by repeating information so excuse me if I continue to be a bit cryptic and only refer to or elaborate on things that have already been mentioned until next week.

Derek Barker said in ISIS magazine that there was one ‘surprise’ track. From a certain point of view that might be true, but from another there may be something like nine or TEN ‘surprises’, and it terms of previously ‘unlisted’ songs, it might be two (if you look at it that way) rather than one.

24. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

A
    A & R Recording
    New York City, New York
    September 17, 1974, 7 pm-1 am.

Produced by Bob Dylan
    Engineers: Phil & Lenn

4. ? Take 1x
    5. Blues (incomplete) Take 1x
    ———————————————————-

Number 5 has NOT been correctly identified in this thread, or anywhere else on the internet. I might be wrong, but it appears it is a familiar (original) song, that Dylan would return to at a later time for another album, then abandon once again. Calling it a ‘blues’ is accurate. Obviously as it’s an original song, the actual title was unknown at the time that the studio log was written down.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  25. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

Hmm, I think I can hear the turning of the key...

Lars1966 likes this.