Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

The Wish You Were Here SACD was part of the Why Pink Floyd...? campaign, the same campaign the immersion sets were part of. But this SACD was a very limited release, it sold out in no time. Some retailers didn't seem to carry it at all. So I'm very happy this gets a reissue!

2. The original Wish You Were Here SACD goes for $80 and up when it does show up on the used market. That is why it was ripe for a reissue.

I hold out some hope we get the Immersion mastering for Dark Side of the Moon on this new SACD. That would make it an instant buy for me.

3. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

It will be a re-press of the old SACD.

4. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

Immersion mastering? Do you mean the 2011 remastering? The regular CD version has that remaster. I think you can buy it on Amazon for 10 bucks or so.

5. Saul Pimon

Saul Pimon Co-hosts Nothing Is Real Beatles Podcast (Jason!)

The thing I would love, and I’ve said it in Floyd threads before, is a rerelease of the three Immersion boxes in the smaller book format to match The Early Years boxes. Add in the new Animals 5.1 set as the new member of the team and you’d have a suite of 11 boxes covering 65-82.

GoodKitty, Rekkerds, Pim and 3 others like this.
  6. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

Plus a box of rarities from the last 4 albums . Then you have it all!

PhantomStranger likes this.
  7. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

But where would you put the scarves and marbles?

8. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

I’m not sure how many Immersion WYWH and DSOTM boxes were sold, but these all contain the 5.1 mixes as well. I bought the DSOTM SACD when it first came out, which was a good few years before the Immersion boxes, but never bothered with the WYWH SACD as I already had the mixes on Blu Ray.

9. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I could imagine all albums in expanded formats, packaged the same way like the Endless River deluxe set:
    [​IMG]

melo85, ponkine, Mirror Image and 2 others like this.
  10. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I've got one, got as a hidden extra as part of the Early Years box set.

11. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Exclusive pre-ordering bonus items this time.^^

rontoon likes this.
  12. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Oh! I thought it was called "Endless Drivel"!

13. You can't have yer surround if you don't have yer "marbles & scarves . . . "

drum_cas, LivingForever, PDK and 3 others like this.
  14. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I'm not sure either how many DSOTM and WYWH Immersion sets were sold. I preordered the WYWH SACD as I did not want to miss out on it as there was no indication as to how limited the release would be. I eventually bought the DSOTM and WYWH Immersion sets to get the quad mixes and additional music.

15. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

It would be nice to get The Wall in 5.1 that Guthrie talked about when the Wish You Were Hear SACD came out. There is also the 5.1 of The Division Bell that was in the box and limited release on their web site.

16. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Forum Resident

It constantly amazes me how much Animals gets shafted in regards to special treatment from the record label in favor of other Pink Floyd albums. I’d love to see an Animals Immersion set. That’s what we need and what this album truly deserves. It’s my favorite Floyd album, so I’d definitely spend the money on this set (if it were to happen --- probably not).

17. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I feel like I've entered a golden era for surround.
    They would be silly not to cash in on a super deluxe everything including inflatable pig box.
    It may also get a surround stand alone release ala WYWH but only time will tell.
    ...and while they're at it, just release Meddle surround already.
    until then, I'll content myself with the White Album and Electric Ladyland surrounding me until this arrives:)
    ...and that Gong box:)

18. Mirror Image

Inflatable pig box? I love it! Pink Floyd - “Bringing home the bacon since ’77”. :D

lennonfan1 likes this.
  19. rontoon

You do realize that the "record label" is the band themselves these days.

Onder, PDK and Shaddam IV like this.
  20. Mirror Image

Well, even more reason to get off their asses and do this Animals box set properly! :)

PDK and andrewskyDE like this.
  21. rontoon

That just might be the current plan.

drum_cas, Maurice, ti-triodes and 6 others like this.
  22. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Thanks Rontoon, you give me hope.

Onder and rontoon like this.
  23. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

ANIMALS in 5.1?
    I want, I need.

24. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

But on the albums it also says "marketed and distributed by Sony Music Entertainment". It makes me wonder, who makes the decisions? Pink Floyd or Sony?

25. Yes, I want the Hi-Rez Immersion mastering from 2011 on SACD. It would differ from the 2003 SACD's mastering.