Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Volume 15 (Travelin’ Thru 1967-1969 (1st November 2019) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mbd77, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

Boot of Blood will be a tremendous seller and critical triumph so TPTB will follow through and replay the past with Rolling Thunder with tons of demos, rehearsals, film and books. They will clear artists and record companies so the superdeluxe "circus tent" will have a cast of superstars.
    It will cost...oh yeah, it will cost o'plenty

mr_spenalzo likes this.
  2. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

That's really good. :righton:

Lars1966, Crispy Rob and jazz_case like this.
  3. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

From what period?

4. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yep, a classic. A pro recording of this would be sweet indeed.

jlf likes this.
  5. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Thanks, I think Ive read too many bootleg titles heh

BigSur32 and HominyRhodes like this.
  6. RoyalPineapple

RoyalPineapple It ain't me in the photo, babe.

Up until "mid-2000's" apparently.

From Rolling Stone:

Dylan’s road crew has been recording shows dating back to the beginning of the Never Ending Tour, but the quality of them up until the mid-2000’s is less than stellar.

“Some of them are recorded on DAT or other formats of the moment,” says the source. “Who knew they wouldn’t last? For a lot of years during the 1990s, there were these two fans and they would go and each would wear recording equipment in their hats and they’d sit in different sections so that the stuff would be stereo. Those tapes sound better than our board tapes.”

Tim Wilson and IronWaffle like this.
  7. bobfan

bobfan Forum Resident

Hopefully Rolling Thunder. All the gigs in a box would be great, but I'd be happy with at least one complete gig, a DVD of the RTR live footage from Renaldo and Clara, and the Desire studio sessions.

WilliamWes and mpayan like this.
  8. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

The pencil mustached ramblin rover in the town hat/porkpie hat that sings about missippi foggy stories about 1800's scenes under the moonlight with Rosie. That personality. I liked it for awhile. But it ran its course imo.

smoke likes this.
  9. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Ok yes I remember that quote. That sucks if so.

RoyalPineapple likes this.
  10. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

That’s no persona, that’s just Bob

Vinyl_Blues and mightyquinn61 like this.
  11. Wishes....

A 1978 box set; show how great the shows really got, (as opposed to the Budokan release, which can't compare to later on, shows like Paris 7/6, Columbia 12/9, Charlotte 12/10, Chicago 10/18, Hollywood, FL 12/16, etc.).

There's an officially recorded one of Blackbushe, of which the audience recording is in too poor quality for me to enjoy. That would be nice to hear but maybe not the best show to release from the tour.

After that I'd enjoy shows from 1988 and 1995; for the latter Philly both nights and Berkeley also. Oh and Prague.. (maybe a bunch of acoustic songs from various shows that year released as a set)

12. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Bobs always put on different hats, faces and masks. Just another one he put on.

Kubricker and aoxomoxoa like this.
  13. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

Any studio Desire outtakes would top my list. After that TOOM or JWH. I don’t have any interest in a live set.

mr_spenalzo and streetlegal like this.
  14. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

I'd prefer anything from 1993-present for the next set

15. Plonk77

Plonk77 Forum Resident

Oh Mercy / TOOM combo would be my ideal vol. 15

mightyquinn61 and IronWaffle like this.
  16. mikestar

mikestar Friendly Optimist

If 5/25/76 Salt Lake City was recorded, I'd love to hear it.

keef285 likes this.
  17. ted321

ted321 Forum Resident

I'd love to see a set based on his 1986/87 tours with Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (add in some rehearsals and a remastered Hard to Handle video). IMHO Heartbreakers were his greatest backing band..better than The Band.

windfall and vitorbastos123 like this.
  18. Kevin Davis

Kevin Davis EQUIPMENT PROFILE INCOMPLETE

The Supper Club already circulates in full in pristine, professional-quality audio. If it were strong enough musically to justify canonization, I'd say go for it, but it's low on the totem pole of CD sets I'd like to see.

I'd love a couple of "Live 1974" and "Live 1978" comps similar to the early 2CD versions of the bootleg series, or to the 2CD edition of "Trouble No More." The official releases currently on the market for those years don't do them justice.

A "Trouble No More"-style box of '80's stuff, live and studio, would be really nice, and could really shed some light on an era that could really use some.

There are already so many NET shows that circulate widely in such good quality, it's hard to think any release from those years wouldn't feel random and insufficient. One idea that might work would be a compilation of NET covers -- I'd eat that up, especially if sound quality upgrades were available.

And of course, any more Rolling Thunder would be great. My prediction is that the next set is either that or the coffeehouse era stuff, which would be nice but not my first choice by any means.

rmath84 likes this.
  19. Mrsharko

Mrsharko Forum Resident

A 1967-1973 set. JWH/NS, there is a bunch more unreleased SP/NM material, PG&BtK, There are a few one offs that have yet to be collected from this era, live stuff with the Band that has been released but never specifically as a Dylan product, maybe add PW if it needs more padding out. This is my holy grail set.

20. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

How about Time out of Mind with 'Highlands' removed?

NumberEight and Plonk77 like this.
  21. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

I agree about Supper Club. I'm glad I have it on my hard drive, but I don't really enjoy listening to it. Bob's singing and guitar playing are just a bit too bizarre.

maui jim likes this.
  22. mightyquinn61

mightyquinn61 Forum Resident

My predictions:
    - 1992/93 - Bromberg sessions, Good as I Been to You & World Gone Wrong sessions.
    - Infidels sessions.
    - Shot of Love sessions
    - Never ending tour

23. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Dylan & The Band 1074 Tour - I refuse to believe none of this was filmed.

ted321 and mpayan like this.
  24. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

People underestimate Live at Budokan. I have all the concerts transferred off the master audience reels. I wish the Japan tour could be an official box-set. Dylan was in fine form and aggressive voice throughout the summer European tour; he was modifying the arrangements which weren't as experimental or adventurous as in Japan and Australia. The Paris residency remains very special. The audience tapes were recorded on a portable reel-to-reel with a highly sensitive mic, that's why the quality is so high.

Blackbushe is one of the strongest concerts from 1978 in terms of performance and musicianship. Everything clicks. There are several audience tapes circulating both as downloads and on boots, but there's only one excellent audience tape, and this is it:

[​IMG]

I have a lot of photos from Blackbushe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

smoke, jay.dee, Wugged and 5 others like this.
  25. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I'm hoping Bob tackles the Qwest/Warner Bros. albums. All one of 'em.

He's already done Stormy Weather, after all!

Sean Murdock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.