Survivor: Season 37 "David Vs. Goliath"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

2. xdawg

I will say that I find almost everyone on the Goliath team very unlikable right now. The nerd romance on then David team is cute. I'm glad that the guy injured on the boat is okay. That was a pretty scary incident.

3. arcamsono

arcamsono Senior Member

4. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

lots of potential for this season. characters galore.

5. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

So I'm not going to watch but...is this a season where a team of normal sized people take on a team of giants? Seems one sided for physical contests but then there is the whole David and Goliath story. Actually maybe I would watch.
    :)

xdawg likes this.
  6. xdawg

It's people who have led a hard life with few breaks VS people who have had a good life with things always going their way.

7. GlamorProfession

yes. and there is also some physical discrepancy as well.

xdawg likes this.
  8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i found the first 90 minutes of the season to be the most boring in survivor history. nothing, literally, happened.

i sure hope it gets better.....fast.

really really hoping for a season of all winners....what would they do? how would they react? who would go out first? it could be so so interesting.

rburly likes this.
  9. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I just cannot stand how he must interject himself into any situation - including the medical emergency in the first episode of the season last week. Guy's in pain getting help from doctors, and Probst has to jump in and "interview" him.

I hate that stuff.

xdawg and rburly like this.
  10. xdawg

Damn! Jessica is a cutie. I hated seeing her get the boot so soon.
    I crack up at Christian's side interviews.
    Natalie is a piece of work who has no self awareness.
    I really like Davie for now. He seems to be a nice guy, a hard worker and a smart player.

Kyhl likes this.
  11. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Australian Survivor: Season 5 is almost finished & it's rough going from watching that to the american version. The australian version is so much better. The last three seasons of it are worth tracking down & watching any way possible.

Ben Sinise and xdawg like this.
  12. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I wonder how long Christian's interviews are. I bet he goes on for hours each day. :laugh:
    Probably helps his game though by letting him vent to the camera instead of directing it at the cast.

xdawg likes this.
  13. Alert

Alert Forum Resident

That's intriguing. I like the US "Survivor" series and would probably enjoy the Australian version. I wonder how I could view it in the US?

I assume Gilead is in Australia?

xdawg likes this.
  14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

trying so hard to like this season, but i found myself in the kitchen emptying the dishwasher during tribal council. no one is interesting other than the goofy guy on the david squad and i feel so much like he is acting for the camera every time he speaks, way too contrived.

rburly likes this.
  15. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

It's absurd right now with "Goliath" dominating the Immunity Challenges.

Also, anyone who has seen the TV series Alone would have to laugh at the whining about no shelter and supplies. The people on Alone had nothing and were by themselves in Mongolia and made it 40+ days. The comparison is funny.

Tree of Life likes this.
  16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

hell the comparison to survivor season one is even more funny.

17. xdawg

I was thinking the same thing. He is an uber-nerd and is very aware of it.

18. xdawg

I thought that tonight's episode was pretty entertaining.

19. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

I'm really enjoying this season so far. The editing seems a bit less frantic than what it was last season, so it's been easier to get to know the players, even with last night's tribe switch-up. So far it has not been predictable.

GlamorProfession and xdawg like this.
  20. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

That was a satisfying Tribal last night. The move eliminates the goliaths' numbers advantage in that tribe, but, Oh! Not to have to listen to her anymore is soooo worth it! (At least it is to this viewer). XD

Kyhl, rburly and xdawg like this.
  21. GlamorProfession

yeah that was a pretty good episode. sorry to see Bee have to leave because of an injury. that's a bummer. Gabby is fascinating to me. she has an interesting personality going from crying shriveling insecure to a challenge beast looking like wonder woman. i hope she stays around.

xdawg likes this.
  22. xdawg

Christian really upped his social game after the merge. I think he actually intimidated John with his Slamtown questions. That segment cracked me up :laugh:

Kyhl likes this.
  23. rjp

rjp Senior Member

that took way too long. natalie should have been out the first or second week.

still the worst survivor season ever. no outstanding players, no good personalities. i still don't know most of their names.

they are in dire need of a 'good' all-stars season. the formula is wearing thin, and getting way too predictable. moving to 3 tribes was complete stupidity.

rburly likes this.
  24. GlamorProfession

i'm really enjoying this season so far. last night's episode had some laugh out loud moments...especially during the tribal council. 'Natalie, can i have your coat....Natalie....Natalie' :laugh:

furrykittens, GLENN and Kyhl like this.
  25. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I wonder how much of that was spin by the editing. Given the way they showed her, I couldn't have been around her for 10 minutes. No one can be that un-aware in real life. They had to have spun it that way. Right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.