Dark Phoenix (2019)-New Trailer!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident Thread Starter

They're giving the Dark Phoenix storyline another go. I'm assuming this will be the last of the X-Men in their own little cinematic universe before they get thrown together with the plethora of Marvel superheroes in the MCU. Unfortunate, as that universe is pretty crowded as it is, and I am not a fan of the multitude of crossovers that the MCU has to offer. In my opinion, the X-Men have always done it better. This looks to be a good one!

2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Meh.

alexpop likes this.
  3. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

While I agree with your statement about not throwing things together, this one just doesn't seem to grab me like the terminus of Wolverine. Lots CGI, Charles has flaws, JLaw, Magneto is pizzed off, I'm just not feeling it. But good luck to them.

4. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

This film has a very troubled history (as does new Mutants which should have been out by now) so I am a little wary.

And the only way to do the Dark Phoenix properly is to do a trilogy. The first two films don't have to be all Dark Phoenix but they should have the 'transformation' as a back story and theme.

smokeverbs likes this.
  5. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Oh no! The world is on the brink again!

6. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

Lockheed innit?

7. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I'll rent it.

mr. steak and DHamilton like this.
  8. Encuentro

9. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

Reckon if the merger goes ahead beforehand they might sneak in a teaser with the end credits to some future link up? Given its now pushed to after Avengers 4..

10. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Unremarkable trailer but I'll go and see it regardless. :D

11. alexpop

beccabear67 likes this.
  12. alexpop

Any chance of Magneto or Wolverine in Infinity War p2?

13. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Loved the original comic books circa 1979-80... this... a big mess, same as Last Stand which I guess now would've 'never happened'?

People just want a grinning hot redhead chick in a skin-tight gold and dark brown costume flying around with a spectacular flame bird effect and everyone being scared of her until she tops herself for having gone too far. Why is that so difficult to understand... it's visual; exciting, a bit gaudy, and then it's tragic. Last Stand was bad enough, but this might be even more unworthy of the original material it strip-mines some bits of, adds the lackluster film continuity, and comes up with far less. Not a blockbuster... which is all it ought to be. I'll stick with those 40 cent comic books.

14. alexpop

Just seems unspectacular compared with Avengers Infinity War

15. Encuentro

The farther removed from Infinity War, the better. The MCU can’t hold a candle to the likes of Days of Future Past and Logan. If this is the last X-Men film that Fox produces, it will be the last X-Men film, as far as I’m concerned.

enro99 and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"Sansa?...Come here, little dove..."

PTgraphics likes this.
  17. alexpop

The latest trailer is a continuation of meh.
    Where’s Wolverine when we need him.:)

X-Men:First Class(2011) was indeed first class it seems.

18. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Preview isn't particularly inspiring, but they rarely are. I'll see it and hope for an improvement over Apocalypse, which was a dud. First Class And Days Of Future Past were excellent, so I'm not out on this franchise yet.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

To me,the perfect ending to the Fox Xmen era is Logan. After all Hugh Jackman's Wolverine was in every X-Men film from one degree to another aside from this one ( unless they work in a flashback cameo or something with old footage or convince Jackman to slap on the sideburns for a quickie cameo ,which it would not surprise me if it happened given it is the last X-MEN film pre Fox/Disney merger.)

This feels like a big fat meh but I loved First Class and Days,and I like the cast, so I will probably see it. I mean, it possibly can't be any worse than "Last Stand" or X-Men Origins Wolverine, right?.......

.............Right?

:sigh::hide::sweating:

GodShifter and The Panda like this.
  20. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

So instead of filming one of the greatest comic stories, they're going to remake X-Men: The Last Stand?

I'll see it, but the original story of long-time team member Jean "Marvel Girl" Gray being resurrected by the Phoenix force and given near limitless power, being corrupted by the Hellfire Club, and her eventual downfall and sacrifice would be a much more interesting story than Professor X meddling with a teenage Jean Gray, who is already the Phoenix..

mr. steak likes this.
  21. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

If it's like Days of Future Past I shall enjoy it.

If it's like Age of Apocalypse I shall not.

The trailer makes it look like the latter.

The Hud and Zoot Marimba like this.
  22. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Adding to the overall 'sameness' that I'm feeling is the apparent lack of explaining EXACTLY what powers do these characters have. Think about it, Phoenix, Capt. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, Cyclops, and so many more are shooting beams of....what exactly? Powerful bolts of....stuff that are powerful enough to cause major damage but any deaths are strictly of innocent bystanders. Any hero on hero hits get pretty much shrugged off. I truly can't help but giggle to myself whenever I see a comics character grimace and 'strike a pose' as they shoot their whatever's, how does everybody on set keep a straight face while shooting this stuff!?;)

Ghostworld and Scott222C like this.
  23. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

24. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

But, but ………………….. it is ART !!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

25. alexpop

That girl needs to lose a bit of weight. Poster? Not really inspiring. Fan art.

Ghostworld likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.