Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Tuna82

Tuna82 Hyperactive!

:laugh:

Mr. Explorer and latheofheaven like this.
  2. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

3. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

This, in my lowly and wretched opinion, is one of THE greatest albums of all time. At least one of my very favourites! Several years ago, I bought what appeared to be a German remaster that, frankly, sounded pretty horrible and 'canned' compared to the original Sire US pressing (which is quite stunning, actually...)

But, I cannot imagine Kevin Gray doing such a bad job, so I'm going to go ahead and 'snag' this one at this great price (I think I paid around $25 or so for that one I bought before) and give it a listen. Thanks for the post mate! :righton:

***EDIT

Ah crap... You hafta be careful with that listing for 'Amazon Global'... It LOOKS like the price is low and then they hit you for about $9 shipping. The next one available is about $16.xx + shipping... That's caught me off guard too lately... But, I've gone ahead to Amazon UK and bought a few albums recently and as I posted on Amazon UK deals, one turned out to be about $21 shipped from there to the U.S. instead of $29 through Amazon Global. Worth a check...

***EDIT 2

Yeah, I just checked Amazon UK and before removing the VAT it is about 10 GBP which should come out quite a bit less...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Remain-Lig...id=1538186825&sr=1-1&keywords=REMAIN+IN+LIGHT

***EDIT 3

Yep, I just ordered it from Amazon UK for about 9 GBP + 3 shipping, or about $16.xx shipped to the US.

***EDIT 4 (I know... I hope I'm done now... :))

I THINK that this might be the German pressing that I bought before that sounded horrible. At least I sure HOPE so!

Talking Heads - Remain In Light

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    aoxomoxoa and Juggsnelson like this.
  4. maxwelledison1

maxwelledison1 Senior Member

Anyone purchased vinyl from Amazon Global Store UK? Any comments good or bad?

latheofheaven likes this.
  5. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

jimhb likes this.
  6. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I haven't had any problems ordering from them. I picked up Haley Bonor's Impossible Dream from them for $23.50 back in August. It came directly from the UK, well packed and secure.

7. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

I have found that the actual postage charged at checkout is higher than what is quoted on the first page. I usually end up finding that item on the foreign Amazon site and ordering it directly, and coming out ahead.

8. latheofheaven

Absolutely, same here... Like the post above, the item page price is misleading, suggesting that the postage is only $4 when in actuality it is over $9 or something similar... In both cases where I first thought the price was lower, I checked Amazon UK directly and got a better deal (Talking Heads: Remain in Light & The Grateful Dead: Smiling on a Cloudy Day)

9. maxwelledison1

maxwelledison1 Senior Member

Thanks everyone!

10. felvis

felvis Forum Resident

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

12. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

MartyTem and lpfreak1170 like this.
  13. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

14. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

15. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

16. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

x2

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  17. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

18. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  19. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Wow, Neil's killed this thread.

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  20. latheofheaven

Yep... :agree:

hutlock and Juggsnelson like this.
  21. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Nah, Amazon’s killed this thread. :tiphat:

22. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

Nah, Amazon’s killed this main street :magoo:

23. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident

Yeah, I hate the new "Save an extra $X.XX at checkout." because now I need to keep checking preorders and canceling/reordering when that amount drops. Before you'd just automatically get the lowest price on preorders, but not anymore. And you no longer get the price change alerts on the "Save for Later" items that include the "Save an extra..." discount, because technically the price isn't dropping. So annoying. I know they're doing it to kill services like Honey that automatically files price change refunds with your credit cards, but it really stinks.

lightbulb, Shawn, Mr. H and 1 other person like this.
  24. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

So the coupon doesn’t get applied if you preorder and it pops up afterwards?

25. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident

Correct. I just canceled and reordered the Super Deluxe White Album because it got a $9 coupon: https://amzn.to/2CKLvMl

Shawn likes this.