Worst album or compilation idea?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DaleClark, Oct 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident Thread Starter

Maybe this is it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DaleClark

bump

Sean likes this.
  3. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident

What kind of monster would put "Old Shep" on an album you'd have your kids falls asleep to?

4. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

Surprisingly, "A Bee Gees Halloween" ISN'T the answer to this post. XD

Uncle Miles likes this.
  5. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Worse than HAVING FUN WITH ELVIS ON STAGE, a comp of between-songs stage patter?

For me, it's those bizarre-o A STRING QUARTET TRIBUTE TO [artist], often someone you wouldn't associate with a string quartet. Who buys these things?

6. Meloski

Meloski I don't roll on Shabbat

Lazaretto - Jack White, it's a great album but the gimmick pressing just kills it. Groove tracks inside to out, separate lead in for side two introduction, hologram in the lead out groove. I just can't be bothered to put it on my turntable.

Post-Punk Monk likes this.
  7. DaleClark

Oh yeah...you reminded me. I totally forgot about this classic
    https://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_500/MI0002/308/MI0002308604.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

I wonder if a Hi-Rez version will ever be released (Lol)

8. Mr-Beagle

Mr-Beagle Ah, but the song carries on, so holy

The Beach Boys - Stars and stripes vol. 1

9. zen

zen Senior Member

:laugh: I've fallen asleep to Old Shep more times than I care to admit. ;) However, small children may feel much differently.

10. aravel

aravel starchitect...then, father!

::: I really liked thid cd when It came out ...I bought it -as import cd long box- this Billy Idol 'Vital Idol' for which I thought this, after a few months of playing it on my -then new- technics portable cd player:

- It does not contains 'Mony Mony - Live' that was a huge radio hit but a long bored studio extended version
    - It's a Remixes compilation more or less (8 tracks)
    - It was like a US response to UK's 'Idol Songs 11 of the Best' but it fell short from that one
    - As far as I remember -I no longer own that cd- the volume was very high compared with other cds I owned at the time
    - I became tired of the long tracks and then I sold it along the first bunch of cds I didn't want to keep when I moved to my married new home, though I noticed that somehow I kept the long box.

[​IMG]

JasonA and Fullbug like this.
  11. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

:hide:................................:kilroy:............................................:wave:......................................:shtiphat:

Natural E and Jarleboy like this.
  12. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

Great concept ruined by poor track selection.

[​IMG]

agundy likes this.
  13. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Released in Europe in 85, US 1987 with an extra track. For mastering you want the German Sonopress. I'm a fan of 12 inch mixes so this was up my alley :)
    [​IMG]

LoveYourLife, aravel and bataclan2002 like this.
  14. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

Genesis: R-Kive.

Horrible name, horrible art, horrible idea. Who wants a CD which contains both “The Knife” and “The Living Years”? “Back in New York City” and “I Can’t Dance”?

[​IMG]

Octavia, Rojo, andrewskyDE and 7 others like this.
  15. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

The interesting aspect of that compilation is that it was originally intended to be a concert souvenir, available only at concession stands in the arenas during Elvis concerts. Tom Parker initially issued the compilation via his Boxcar label, whereby he and his cronies earned most of the revenues from its sale (Elvis only had a minority stake in Boxcar). With typical Tom Parker gusto, he was later able to convince RCA to accept "Having Fun With Elvis On Stage" and in doing so, Elvis was given credit for delivering an album to RCA under his contract, with the label re-releasing the compilation as a mainstream title.

16. owsley

owsley Senior Member

That lp for me is the ultimate scraping the bottom of the barrel lp. I have to admit however if Capitol/Apple put out an lp consisting of Beatles studio session chatter, I would buy it immediately, mainly because Lennon was so nutty and funny.

I just thought of one: Beatles - Rock And Roll Music. Easily the worst Fabs comp and ridiculous exploitation of their 'rock' songs. But of course the exec's were smart and included I'm Down so completist saps like me had to buy it.

Stencil likes this.
  17. bataclan2002

bataclan2002 All You Need Is Now.

Thought Billy’s Christmas album would win this thread.

c-eling likes this.
  18. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident

19. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Crap, I had that one forever memory blocked, thanks..... :laugh:

wrappedinsky and bataclan2002 like this.
  20. aravel

aravel starchitect...then, father!

::: I remember that I liked a lot the 'To Be A Lover' Remix because it just like Idol used to play it live, and 'Hot In The City' was the best of the cd.

Jarleboy and c-eling like this.
  21. DaleClark

Elvis LP catalog will never get the most respect due to all the soundtracks and duds. The Camden/pickwick catalog did not help either

WMTC and Galley like this.
  22. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

Kanye West - Yeezus

Bold artistic statement ruined by lack of quality songs. It's a big "statement" album, but not a very good one.

If that even makes any sense.

23. stanlove

stanlove Forum Resident

That actually pissed me off.

wrappedinsky and Frozensoda like this.
  24. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly 1964-73 rock's best decade

I think BEAU BRUMMELS 66 is one of the worst.

Warner Brothers had just acquired a group with two original hit singles and decided to have them release an album of covers of current pop hits. The Beau Brummells never recovered as a commercial band, though they did produce a couple critically acclaimed albums.

Folknik and Celebrated Summer like this.
  25. kollektionist

kollektionist Forum Resident

Lou Reed - Metal Machine Music

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.