Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mark winstanley, Aug 15, 2018.

1. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product Thread Starter

thanks for correcting the info ... and yes, I was stunned to see it was recorded so much earlier ... I guess they were worried about the moral outrage and making that whole scene worse

2. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

"I Got Stung" is the first track released from the June 10/11 1958 session, which was Elvis' final recording session prior to shipping out for Germany. The goal of the session was to stockpile songs that could be released as singles in his absence, because the Colonel had decided he didn't want Elvis recording overseas. This session is notable for being the only 50s session (besides the Love Me Tender soundtrack) to feature neither Scotty nor Bill, who had quit due to money issues. As a result, Chet Atkins called up The A-Team (Hank Garland, Bob Moore, Buddy Harmon) a group of session guys who played on literally hundreds of country hits in the late 50s/early 60s. DJ was still there (double drumming was used on some tracks) but Harmon was a fantastic drummer who added a lot to Elvis' sound.

It has been suggested that Elvis discovered speed during basic training (the guys would use it to stay awake during guard duty) and these sessions seem to bear that out... almost every track (including "I Got Stung") is taken at a fairly breakneck pace. This is one of my favorite 50s sessions by Elvis.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  3. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

I don't think that was the issue, since there's nothing outrageous about the rewritten lyrics. I'm not sure why the song was held back. It's odd that they apparently felt it was unworthy of release, but then a year later decided it was not only worthy, but should be an a-side.

4. mark winstanley

Perhaps the Colonel need some pokie machine money lol .... I'm sure he was stressed the Uncle Sam had killed his golden goose

5. mark winstanley

[​IMG][​IMG]

ELVIS SAILS (EP)
    (US) RCA EPA 4325
    Released: November 18, 1958
    Side 1
    Press Interview with Elvis Presley *
    Side 2
    Elvis Presley's Newsreel Interview: Pat Hernon Interviews Elvis

* Recorded September 22, 1958

LarsO likes this.
  6. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

This seems to be a part of The Complete ‘58 Sessions and available on Spotify.

mark winstanley likes this.
  7. mark winstanley

For LP Fans Only
    [​IMG]
    Compilation album by Elvis Presley
    Released
    February 6, 1959
    Recorded July 1954–October 1956
    Genre Rock and roll, rockabilly[1]
    Length 23:28
    Label RCA Victor
    Producer Sam Phillips (Sun recordings)
    Steve Sholes (RCA recordings)

For LP Fans Only is a compilation album by American singer and musician Elvis Presley, issued by RCA Victor in February 1959. It compiled previously released material from an August 1956 recording session at 20th Century FoxStage One, a September 1956 session at Radio Recorders in Hollywood, sessions on January 10 and 11 at the RCA Victor Studios in Nashville, two more at the RCA Victor Studios in New York, and multiple sessions at Sun Studio. The album reached number 19 on the Billboard Top Pop Albums chart.[5]

After Presley's induction into the United States Army on March 24, 1958, RCA Victor and Presley's manager, Colonel Tom Parker, were faced with the prospect of keeping his name before the public for two years with no possibility of live performances or movies, and few unissued marketable recordings in the vault. A recording session was arranged for two days in June, which yielded enough items for five more single sides, singles being the commercial focus for rock and rollin the 1950s. Four of those tracks would be issued on 45s in 1958 and 1959 during his absence while doing military service.

Presley, however, also did well in the albums market. Each of his previous six LPs charted no lower than number three, and RCA wished to continue to release albums by their hot commodity given his sales record. Much of Presley's material had been issued on single records, not on LP. For this album, RCA Victor collected nine tracks previously available in single form only, as well as "Poor Boy" from the Love Me Tender EP. Four of the tracks had been issued on Sun Recordswith limited release, and were very difficult to come by outside of the south. However all 5 Sun singles were reissued by RCA Victor in November 1955 and remained in print through the 1970s.

"That's All Right (Mama)" was never issued as a single in the UK during Presley's lifetime.

RCA first reissued the original 10 track album For LP Fans Only on compact disc in 1989. The album is included in a 25 disc package, "The Perfect Blues Collection", released by Sony in 2011. The album is also available in the 2016 60 CD boxed set Elvis Presley - The Complete RCA Album Collection.

Side 1
    1. "That's All Right" Arthur Crudup July 5, 1954 1:55 - Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    2. "Lawdy Miss Clawdy" Lloyd Price February 3, 1956 2:08 - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    3. "Mystery Train"Herman Parker Jr,.Sam Phillips July 11, 1955 2:24 - Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    4. "Playing for Keeps" Stan Kesler September 1, 1956 2:50 - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    5. "Poor Boy" Vera Matson Elvis Presley August 24, 1956 2:13 - Elvis Presley - The Album Thread

Side 2
    1. "My Baby Left Me" Crudup January 30, 1956 2:12 - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    2. "I Was The One"Aaron Schroeder Claude Demetrius Hal Blair Bill Peppers January 11, 1956 2:34 - Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    3. "Shake, Rattle and Roll" Charles Calhoun February 3, 1956 2:37 - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    4. "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone" Kesler William Taylor March 5, 1955 2:36 - Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    5. "You're a Heartbreaker" Jack Sallee November 12, 1954 2:12 - Elvis Presley - The Album Thread

-----------------------------------------------------
    Due to Elvis having been in the army for about ten months, and the Colonel's insistence that no overseas recording was going to happen, the first album of 1959 was a compilation of b-sides, songs from the Sun studios days and EP tracks.
    It is a remarkably coherent compile in spite of how far flung the recordings were. We have covered all these songs, so the links are in the opening info there.
    The folks running the show did a very good job of keeping product steadily available during Elvis' army years and I guess it may have been annoying to some that a lot of the material had already been available, but I am guessing some of these tracks were a little harder to get hold of than they are these days.
    Anyhow,
    Let us know what you think of this album.
    Do you think it worked as a collection of songs?
    Do you think that the product/Artist was handled well during the army years?
    Let us know anything else that comes to mind about this album and this period in time.

Crimson Witch likes this.
  8. mark winstanley

9. mark winstanley

10. mark winstanley

11. mark winstanley

12. mark winstanley

I Need Your Love Tonight

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Written By :
    Bix Reichner & Sid Wayne

Recorded :
    RCA's Studio B, Nashville, June 10, 1958: June 10, 1958. take 18

"I Need Your Love Tonight" is a song written by Sid Wayne and Bix Reichner[1] and recorded by Elvis Presley on June 10, 1958, in RCA Studios, Nashville, Tennessee.[2] It was the second of several single releases recorded at a final session conducted just prior to Presley leaving the US for Germany to serve in the United States Army; he would not return to a recording studio until the spring of 1960.

The song reached number four on the Billboard pop singles chart in 1959.[3] Released as a double A-side with "A Fool Such as I", the song reached No. 1 in the UK Singles Chart in May 1959 for five weeks.[1]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    This is another quick paced, fun song, and comes over really well. All the elements in the song work well and yet another great vocal.

Dave112 and MaestroDavros like this.
  13. mark winstanley

A Fool Such As I
    Written By :
    Bill Trader

Recorded :
    RCA's Studio B, Nashville, June 10, 1958: June 10, 1958. take 9

"(Now and Then There's) A Fool Such as I" is a popular song written by Bill Trader and was published in 1952. Recorded as a single by Hank Snow it peaked at number four on the US country charts [1] early in 1953.

Since the original Snow version, "Fool Such as I"—as the song is sometimes known—has been recorded and released as singles several times, by artists as diverse as Jo Stafford, Elvis Presley, Bob Dylan, and Baillie & the Boys.[2]

A recording by Elvis Presley, initially released as B-side to "I Need Your Love Tonight", was an even bigger hit, reaching number one in the UK and number two in the United States (1959). It became a platinum record.

The song was recorded on June 10, 1958 at RCA's Studio B, Nashville, while Presley was on leave from the Army.[4] The recording featured guitar by Hank Garland, Chet Atkins and Presley, bass by Bob Moore, drums by D. J. Fontana and Buddy Harman and piano by Floyd Cramer and backing vocal by the Jordanaires, with the bass voice provided by Ray Walker.[5] It reached number sixteen on the R&B charts.[6]
    -------------------------------------------
    One of my favourite songs from this period. Such a great melody and even being a love song, it is still bouncing along nicely.

Dave112 and MaestroDavros like this.
  14. DirkM

DirkM Forum Resident

What a single! The June 1958 session is one of Elvis' absolute best, and it's a damn shame that he had to go into the Army right when he was experimenting with a rougher, raunchier style of music. Even just one more session would have been wonderful to have...

15. mark winstanley

16. mark winstanley

17. mark winstanley

18. Dave112

Dave112 Forum Resident

I'm learning a lot here. I didn't know Elvis had any recording sessions between his basic training and before shipping out to Germany. I thought he recorded everything in the 50s before he did basic training.

mark winstanley likes this.
  19. mark winstanley

20. mark winstanley

[​IMG][​IMG]

"A Big Hunk o' Love"
    Written By :
    Aaron Schroeder & Sid Wyche

Recorded :
    RCA's Studio B, Nashville, June 10, 1958 : June 10, 1958. splice of take 3 and 4

Single by Elvis Presley
    B-side
    "My Wish Came True"
    Released June 23, 1959[1]
    Format 7-inch 45 RPM
    Recorded June 10, 1958
    Studio RCA, Nashville, Tennessee[1]
    Genre Rock and roll
    Length 2:12
    Label RCA Victor
    Songwriter(s) Aaron Schroeder, Sidney Wyche
    Producer(s) Steve Sholes
    Elvis Presley singles chronology
    "I Need Your Love Tonight"
    (1959) "A Big Hunk o' Love"
    (1959) "Stuck on You" / "Fame and Fortune"
    (1960)
    Music video
    "A Big Hunk o' Love" (audio) on YouTube
    "A Big Hunk o' Love" is a song written by Aaron Schroeder and Sid Wyche, a.k.a. Sid Jaxon. The former is best known for writing the jazz standard "Alright, Okay, You Win", whereas Aaron Schroeder co-wrote a whole bunch of hits from the rock`n`roll area, from "Fools Hall of Fame" (Pat Boone) to "Because They're Young" (Duane Eddy). In an interview conducted by Jan-Erik Kjeseth, he also revealed that in fact he worked with his partner Wally Gold in order to improve a song submitted by another writer, and the end result was "It's My Party", a big hit for Lesley Gore. Schroeder and Gold tossed a coin as to whose name should go on the record, and Gold "won". Other titles written by the duo include "It's Now or Never" and "Good Luck Charm"; both of which - like "A Big Hunk o' Love" - were originally recorded by American rock and roll icon Elvis Presley. "A Big Hunk o' Love" was released as a single on June 23, 1959[1] by RCA Victor and later topped the Billboard Hot 100 for two weeks.[2]

The song was revived by Presley in 1972 during his engagements at the Las Vegas Hilton in February 1972 and was used in his live shows until mid-1973. It was performed live for the last time on January 26, 1974. The song is included in the 1972 documentary Elvis On Tour and his 1973 show broadcast via satellite, Aloha from Hawaii. During this time period, it was played by the Elvis' TCB Band, and featured Glen D. Hardin and James Burton.

"A Big Hunk o' Love", a hard, driving rocker, was recorded at Elvis' first and only session during his two years of army service. The session took place on June 10, 1958, in Nashville, Tennessee. It was the first session that did not include guitarist Scotty Moore and bassist Bill Black, who had both worked with Elvis since his first recordings for Sam Phillips at the Memphis Recording Service, which later became known as Sun Studios. The recording featured Elvis' regular drummer D.J. Fontana and backing vocalists the Jordanaires, who would continue to work with Elvis until Elvis' appearance at the Hilton in Las Vegas. The rest of the musicians were top Nashville session men, such as guitarist Hank Garland on Gibson Byrdland guitar, Floyd Cramer on piano, Bob Moore on double bass, Buddy Harman and D.J.Fontana on a drums. The song was recorded in four takes, the released version is actually spliced from takes three and four.[1][3]

RCA Victor had paired "A Big Hunk o' Love" for release as an a-side single with "My Wish Came True" as the b-side in both the United States and England. When the single was released on June 23, it was the third release to come from Elvis' army session after "I Got Stung" on October 21, 1958, and "I Need Your Love Tonight" b/w "(Now and Then There's) A Fool Such as I" on March 10, 1959.[1][3]

As stated above, the a-side spent two weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 while the b-side peaked at #12.[2] The single was less successful on the Cashbox Top 100 with the a-side peaking at #2 and the b-side at #23.[4] On the UK Singles Chart the a-side peaked at #4, while the b-side did not appear on the chart.[5] The a-side also peaked at #10 on Billboard magazine's R&B Singles chart.[6]

Due to the songs success, Elvis' next single was another Aaron Schroeder co-composition, "Stuck on You". "A big Hunk o' Love" was the first of four of Schroeder's songs that became #1 hits for Elvis.[1]

1959 7" 45 RPM
    No.
    Title Writer(s) Length
    1. "A Big Hunk o' Love" Aaron Schroeder, Sid Jaxon 2:12
    2. "My Wish Came True" Ivory Joe Hunter 2:32
    2007 7" 45 RPM
    No.
    Title Writer(s) Length
    1. "A Big Hunk o' Love" Schroeder, Sidney Wyche
    2. "My Wish Came True" Hunter
    3. "A Big Hunk o' Love – Alt. Take 1" Schroeder, Wyche
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Seemingly an extremely popular Elvis track from what now (to me) appears to be one of the best studio sessions ever in rock music. This June 10 '58 session just seems to have contained more great takes of rock songs than is seemingly feasible.
    This track is a straight up rocker and contains everything but the kitchen sink.
    Great stuff

21. mark winstanley

MaestroDavros and Dave112 like this.
  22. mark winstanley

A Big Hunk Of Love Take 1

23. mark winstanley

24. mark winstanley

The Music - Quick find quide

The Sun Recordings (some, not all)
    -
    My Happiness Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    The My happiness transfer to digital - Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    That's All Right Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    Good Rockin' Tonight Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    You're A Heartbreaker Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    Milk Cow Blues Boogie Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    Baby Let's Play House Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    Mystery Train Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    I Forgot To Remember To Forget Elvis Presley - The Album Thread

Sun EP's
    That's Alright Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Good Rockin' Tonight Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Jan 27 1956
    Heartbreak Hotel Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    b-side I Was The One Elvis Presley - The Album Thread

Elvis Presley - March 23 - 1956
    - Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 1 Blue Suede Shoes Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 2 I'm Counting On You Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 3 I Got A Woman Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 4 One Sided Love Affair Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 5 I Love You Because Elvis Presley - The Album Thread (Sun recording)
    track 6 Just Because Elvis Presley - The Album Thread (Sun recording)
    track 7 Tutti Frutti Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 8 Tryin' To Get To You Elvis Presley - The Album Thread (Sun recording)
    Tryin' to get to you Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 9 I'm Gonna Sit Right Down (and cry)Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 10 I'll Never Let You Go (li'l darlin') Elvis Presley - The Album Thread (Sun recording)
    tarck 11 Blue Moon Elvis Presley - The Album Thread (Sun recording)
    track 12 Money Honey Elvis Presley - The Album Thread

March 23 1956
    Elvis Presley EP Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

double EP Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

April 20 1956
    Heartbreak Hotel EP Elvis Presley - The Album Thread

May 4 1956
    I Want You I Need You I Love You Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    b-side My Baby Left me Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    I want you I need you I love you - live Milton Berle Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

June 8 1956

Shake Rattle and Roll Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

July 13 1956
    Don't Be Cruel Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    (bside - but essentially double a side) Hound Dog Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

August 17 1956
    The Real Elvis Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Aug 31 1956 - 7 singles released
    Blue suede shoes/Tutti Frutti
    I got a woman/I'm counting on you
    I'll never let you go/I'm gonna sit right down and cry over you
    trying to get to you/i love you because
    blue moon/just because
    money honey/one sided love affair
    Shake Rattle and Roll Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    b-side Lawdy Miss Clawdy Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Sept 5 1956
    Any Way You Want Me Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Sept 14 1956
    Love me tender - single Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    (Love Me Tender, single b-side) Any Way You Want Me Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Ed Sullivan Show 9 Sept, 28 Oct, 6 Jan 57(Including Footage) - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

The Complete Mississippi-Alabama Fair and Dairy Show on 29. Sept 1956
    - Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    another edit - Elvis Presley - The Album Thread

Elvis - October 1956 - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 1 Rip It Up Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 2 Love Me Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 3 When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 4 Long Tall Sally Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 5 First In Line Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 6 Paralyzed Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Paralyzed (rock and roll dancing) Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 7 So Glad Your Mine Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 8 Old Shep Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 9 Ready Teddy Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Ready Teddy tv performance Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 10 Anyplace Is Paradise Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 11 How's The World Treating You Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 12 How Do You Think I Feel Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Oct 19 1956 -
    Elvis vol 1 EP
    Elvis Vol 2 EP

Interviews 1956 - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Love Me Tender EP - Nov 1 1956 - Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 1 Love Me Tender Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 2 Let Me Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 3 Poor Boy Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 4 We're Gonna Move Elvis Presley - The Album Thread

Jan 4 1957
    Too Much Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Too Much Ed Sullivan show Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    b-side Playing For Keeps Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Jan 25 1957
    Strictly Elvis EP Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

March 22 1957
    All Shook Up Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    b-side That's When Your Heartaches Begin Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

April 11 1957
    Peace in The Valley EP
    track 1 Peace In The Valley Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Peace in the Valley (Ed Sullivan Show) Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 2 It's No Secret What God Can Do Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 3 I Believe Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 4 Take My Hand Precious Lord Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

June 11 1957
    Teddy Bear Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    b-side Loving You Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

June 20 1957
    Loving You LP
    track 1 Mean Woman Blues Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 2 Teddy Bear Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 3 Loving You Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 4 Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 5 Lonesome Cowboy Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 6 Hot Dog Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 7 (lets have a) Party Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 8 Blueberry Hill Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 9 True Love Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 10 Don't Leave Me Now Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 11 Have I Told You Lately That I Love You Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 12 I Need You So Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    (Rca complete albums bonus track) Tell Me Why Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

June 20 1957
    Loving You EP vol 1 & 2

August 21 1957
    Just For You EP
    track 1 I Need You So - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 2 Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 3 Blueberry Hill - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 4 It's So Strange - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    It's So Strange - Million Dollar Quartet Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    or alternately
    Don't Leave Me Now Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

September 24 1957
    Jailhouse Rock Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Treat Me Nice Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

October 15 1957
    Elvis Christmas Album
    track 1 Santa Claus Is Back In Town Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 2 White Christmas Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 3 Here Comes Santa Claus Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 4 I'll Be Home For Christmas Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 5 Blue Christmas Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 6 Santa Bring My Baby Back Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 7 O' Little Town Of Bethlehem Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 8 Silent Night Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 9 Peace In The Valley Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 10 I Believe Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 11 Take My Hand Precious Lord Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 12 It's No Secret What God Can Do Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

October 16 1957
    Elvis Christmas EP

October 30 1957
    Jailhouse Rock EP
    track 1 Jailhouse Rock Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 2 Young And beautiful Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

track 3 I Want To Be Free Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 4 Don't Leave Me Now Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 5 Baby I Don't Care (you're so square) Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

January 7 1958
    Don't Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Don't 1970 rehearsals Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    I Beg Of You Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    I Beg Of You alternate master Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

March 21 1958
    Elvis Golden Records

Aprul 7 1958
    Wear My Ring Around Your Neck Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Doncha Think It's Time Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

June 10 1958
    Hard Headed Woman/Don't Ask Me Why Single Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

July 15 1958
    King Creole Vol 1 EP Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

July 29 1958
    King Creole Vol 2 EP Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

August 10 1958
    King Creole LP
    track 1 King Creole Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    King Creole movie clip Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 2 As Long As I Have You Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    As Long As I Have You movie clip Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 3 Hard Headed Woman Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 4 Trouble Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 5 Dixieland Rock Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 6 Don't Ask Me Why Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 7 Lover Doll Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 8 Crawfish Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 9 Young Dreams Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 10 Steadfast Loyal And True Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 11 New Orleans Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

October 21 1958
    One Night Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    I Got Stung Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

November 18 1958
    Elvis Sails Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

January 23 1959
    For LP Fans Only
    track 1. "That's All Right" Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 2. "Lawdy Miss Clawdy" Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 3. "Mystery Train" Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 4. "Playing for Keeps" Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 5. "Poor Boy" Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 6. "My Baby Left Me" Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 7. "I Was The One" Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 8. "Shake, Rattle and Roll" Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    track 9. "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone" Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    track 10. "You're a Heartbreaker" Elvis Presley - The Album Thread

March 10 1959
    I Need Your Love Tonight Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    A Fool Such As I Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

April 21 1959
    A Touch Of Gold EP
    Side 1
    Hard Headed Woman - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Good Rockin' Tonight - Elvis Presley - The Album Thread
    Side 2
    Don't - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    I Beg Of You - Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

June 23 1959
    A Big Hunk Of Love Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    all takes Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    My Wish Came True Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    PhantomStranger likes this.
  25. mark winstanley

Miscellaneous - Quick find

Good resources for information
    elvisrecords.com | The Elvis Presley Record Research Database Thanks @Shawn
    Elvis Presley U.K. Discography Thanks @Purple Jim
    Elvis Presley 1956 | The King of Rock 'n' Roll
    Elvis Presley in Canada | Official Graceland Blog
    Elvis Presley Recording Sessions Thanks @MEMPHISSUN
    EPA-4041 Just For You | elvisrecords.com Thanks @SKATTERBRANE

The Roots Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

First recording transfer to digital Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

The Crudup connection Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Elvis talks about the Sun collection Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

The Sun Story of Elvis Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Fashion Legacy Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Home Movies

Interview with Elvis August 1956 Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Live interview 1956 Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Interview Memphis 1956 Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

RCA contract Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Letter to a fan Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Elvis in the army Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *

Newspaper Articles

Elvis wiggles, fans scream at Pan pacific Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Elvis Presley is told: Clean it up Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    In a spin Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Rage over Elvis Presley is a bit sickening Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Presley Rocks, rolls theater audiences here Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Presley, Disc Star, To Sing Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Police protect singer from bobby soxers Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Presley here tonight mobbed in Alamo city Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Jack Wasserman Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Teen letter writers roll back and rock our Elvis Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Elvis Wiggle Ok - Vice Squad Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    LA police slap Presley Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Elvis Presley rises to fame as vocalist who is virtuoso of hootchy kootchy Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Presley at arena Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Memphis boy, Elvis Presley, signs contract with Gleeson Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Presley lures 12,000 fans to amphitheater Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    23,000 fans think Presley is fantabulous Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    14,000 scream for Elvis Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    14,600 fans squeal, jump, as Elvis shakes, gyrates Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Elvis Presley, the Tennessee Terror (in language of the Netherlands) Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Talked About Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Disturbance Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *
    Private Presley Sails Elvis Presley the Albums and Singles Thread *