The Walking Dead - Season 9

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by masswriter, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You're not that clever, dude. Stop.

Aggie87 and Scott222C like this.
  2. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

The old "dude stop" for the ultimate in wit.

Is this like "yeah...and you're ugly?"

3. No. "The desire to seem clever often keeps us from being so." ~ Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Scotian and Scott222C like this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the best part of this weeks episode was the LAST MINUTE before the credits...

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

7. snowman872

snowman872 Forum Resident

To me it is still an enjoyable show. I never read the comic books and I don't intend to. If it makes it to season 20, I will still watch it because I like pondering what would happen to the world if there was a zombie apocalypse. There's an endless number of stories in this setting that can be told. :righton:

genesim and Craig like this.
  8. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Dude stop.;)

Xxxxxx

And yet it remains the top dramatic tv show factoring in DVR and was the top show on Sunday by a large margin.

But seriously it is Zombies people. A major player is leaving and the show has lasted way longer than it was projected to.

It is far from being cancelled and its drop in popularity only really pales against itself....which again was so darn lofty to begin with.

9 years in (and a second top rated spin off to boot) and the chicken littles continue to cry.

Even if it ends...it was a good run, but something tells me it will be a few more seasons before it goes. I too hope it goes to 20. Look at South Park!

snowman872 likes this.
  9. So I guess Rick dies soon ? Pretty silky promoting that imho. Especially if half the audience didn’t come back.

10. snowman872

snowman872 Forum Resident

Does it really matter that much if Rick dies? This show has an large, ensemble cast and no one character has overriding importance. Plus, they can and do introduce new characters on the show all the time. Law & Order (and to a lesser extent Law & Order SUV) were able to to change out all the main characters routinely over 20 years -- and many of them were excellent and popular.

genesim likes this.
  11. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I think when they stopped killing off people that is when the trouble began. Glenn staying in with the fake death made some people feel duped and then beating him brutally just turned so many viewers off.

Once this more adult aspect took over the show was no longer "fun".

To me Rick going dying (if done right) is a great thing. It is time to see what this show is made of.

I never had a problem with how it worked out and I welcoge more.

snowman872 and misterbozz like this.
  12. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Context is of course, as in all things, everything.

I agree with you - this should ne a niche show - graphic zombie horror is not Friends or CSI - so for it to be getting as many viewers as it is is a great thing, plus the spin-off show doing well.

But if something drops then that becomes the story, even if it is dropping from an artificial high. It's a shame really, it's like how people view business, if profits drop people sell the shares even though profit is still being made.

Aggie87 and genesim like this.
  13. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

A lot comes from opinion of those same finicky crowd that latched on to begin with, who blow with the wind.

The zombie fans in the end, will be one less STILL fantastic show.

14. No it doesn’t matter. In fact it might be an improvement. It’s just that is all the promo hype of this Season; Ricks final episodes.?!?!

snowman872 likes this.
  15. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I haven't watched the last two seasons so out of curiosity I began to watch this season's premier. I made it through the first half hour or so before I turned it off. If you're a fan then I'm glad the show is still on for you to enjoy.

SomeCallMeTim and zeppage2 like this.
  16. [​IMG]

Poor ol' Grimey.

SomeCallMeTim and The Hud like this.
  17. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Sure that makes sense.

18. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I'm just here to read the comments now. If all of a sudden I see people whose opinion I trust suddenly start raving about how the show has turned itself around, I'll start watching again. Carry on.

Kyhl, Chris from Chicago and Gumboo like this.
  19. Michael

I am going to finish this as I invested 9 years...but, I literally can't stand most of the characters and what they've become...they pretty much sicken me...It's all peppermints and rainbows in Rick and Carols court...F'n hysterical...and I hope Negan takes them out...where is he anyway? LOL.

stuwee, Scott222C, Vidiot and 2 others like this.
  20. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Have you actually watched the episode???

Where the heck do you see just Rick and Carol's court??

If anything it is Maggie and the Saviors that are the true conflict. Where is Negan...uh getting ready to bust out from what I see.

This is def. a WWI going into WWII situation because of not caring for the losers.

Rainbows?? Gregory ring a bell?

I am starting to wonder if you have been watching lately. The focus has actually pulled away from Carol other then her getting with the King. You know this show don't stay happy long.

I mean seriously has the previous 8 seasons not taught us that?

snowman872 likes this.
  21. Michael

: )

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think they did not expect that the news would get out as quickly as it did. Once the cat was out of the bag, they opted to promote it at ComicCon and feature Rick's departure as an event. It has not worked so far.

Kyhl and Mazzy like this.
  23. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

I think Maggie could take Rick's place after he leaves. She's got the leadership and charisma. Watch what SHE does with Negan. It will be unforgettable.

Unforgettable.

We need this. I need this.

24. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

We all need this! Salivating hard.

Maybe Rick gets punished for mercy and Maggie swings it Lucille style.

Her making the Saviors help build the bridge and them starting crap for it is setting that up perfectly. Gregory is a nice preview and no better person for it.

This woman has been through enough and the story with Sashia is just awesome. I loved that part.

dead of night likes this.
  25. But she’s leaning too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.