Lindsey Buckingham - Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham (3 CD set) and 2018 tour dates

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by WalkAThinLine, Aug 7, 2018.

1. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Mine just arrived. Has most of the songs in the set list :), and many in a similar order. Sans the Mac songs, none of those are included.

2. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

Stubhub has tons of tickets for Lindsey's show at the LA Orpheum this Friday for less than $10. In fact I just bought some. Many in the balcony for $6.

YMC4 likes this.
  3. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

I was really surprised to read that about Australia. I'm currently at the airport waiting for my flight to LA to come see him.

duggan likes this.
  4. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

Shocking really. Why so many and so cheap?

Clanceman and Elliottmarx like this.
  5. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Yes apologies didn't realise

6. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

Looking forward to seeing him in Clearwater, FL on the 26th. Looks like a good set list and I like going to smaller venues.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Nightfly68 likes this.
  7. Not sure it'll be this soon. It hasn't been officially announced yet. Go and see him if you can whilst in the US. You won't regret it. ;)

8. I haven't heard them yet, but I dare say cell phone footage will pop up on YouTube very soon.

team2 and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. Does anyone have a high resolution picture to the front cover of Lindsey Buckingham's "Solo Anthology"?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

THANX a BUNCH !! i just bought 3 orch. seats for $32 fees included !!~!

Elliottmarx and ashlee5 like this.
  11. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

100% agreed - this shocks me.

Maybe I’m out of touch? It’s as if only a few of us see the name LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM & 98% of the ppl see a pseudonym.

Matthew Tate and Elliottmarx like this.
  12. I'm very familiar with Lindsey's work with Fleetwood Mac and own all the albums but this new 3CD anthology is my first exploration of Lindsey's solo work. I'm still absorbing the music on the first two discs but I must say from the couple of listens I have had thus far I am very impressed. The third 'live' disc is fantastic IMO and I can't get enough of it. As for the current Fleetwood Mac vs Lindsey Buckingham live shows. I will always be a Fleetwood Mac fan but given the clips I have seen and heard I think Lindsey is probably having the last laugh right now! Rock on Lindsey.

13. pinkpotato

pinkpotato Forum Resident

Lots of tix for SF still available on SH. $6! I snagged 2nd row for $30.

14. team2

team2 Forum Resident

I took a leisurely four days to listen to the first two discs of the Anthology. While I'm a stickler for chronological sequencing on compilations, the new order of tracks wasn't as jarring as I thought it'd be. Remastering was very good, with only "I Want You" sounding a bit thinner than the original vinyl (the bass didn't seem to be as prominent). It's nice to finally have on CD "Trouble," the Go Insane tracks, and the stray soundtrack songs. As for the new stuff, I liked "Hunger," but "Ride This Road" didn't do much for me on first listen.

Everyone has an opinion about what was left off, so here's my two cents -- I would have dropped "Surrender The Rain," "Street of Dreams," "Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind," "Time Precious Time" and "Sleeping Around The Corner," replacing them with "It Was I," "Great Day," "The Right Place To Fade," "That's The Way That Love Goes" and "In My World." To the other extreme, I'm amazed that "I Must Go," "Gift of Screws," "Illumination" and "Stars Are Crazy" were all present -- those are deeper album cuts that I really like, yet would never have expected them to be included.

Still, it's great that this collection is finally out there, and here's to it bringing more attention to L.B.'s solo work...

D.B., Hep Alien, whisper3978 and 2 others like this.
  15. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Again...wow

And nuts at the same time. How these shows weren’t instant sellouts and commanding ridiculous resale $ is beyond me, especially in densely populated LA & SF.

I’m rooting for the folks in the UK, Aus, & anywhere the enthusiasm ‘might’ be more proper.

Kudos to the folks coming via international flight to appreciate this man.

16. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Really glad Down on Rodeo is included. One of my favorites I thought might not make it. Surprised there is no HD Tracks release yet. Lookin’ forward to the vinyl release next month.

17. justinlibrarian

justinlibrarian Forum Resident

This is such a fantastic remaster. The songs sound great. I hope he goes back through his catalog and does the same with his albums and expands them with extra cuts.

18. Really enjoying the collection. I have all his albums, but this curated journey through them is a more enjoyable experience than I expected. Gives a fresh perspective on certain songs, and I enjoy the way it links up similar thematic songs from many years apart.

Of the previously unreleased songs, Hunger is mostly one note, and after you realize it isn't going anywhere different from where it started, it becomes a throwaway. But I enjoy the simplicity of Ride This Road, and really enjoy hearing Lindsey's singing with a dry vocal, something very rare lately on a song like this (rather than his go-to sped up and processed studio vocal, which I love, but it's nice to switch it up). What I find a bit odd is although not many demos of his have leaked over the years, within those that have are selections that would easily best the two he chose. Maybe he didn't bother going back very far, and these were recent and therefor still in his mind?

Hep Alien, Clanceman and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Saw the show in SF last night from the 4th row. His playing and passion for his music was undeniably spot on. In a rather subdude performance, he hit all the right songs from his solo career and just nailed them. His voice was as good as any of the 9 times I've seem him since 1975. A true rockstar still on top of his game.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  20. Fantastic report. I can't wait to see him here in DC in a few weeks.

As I said several pages earlier in this thread, I've never had any great interest in hearing FM in concert, but I've been kind of semi-tempted to hear just Lindsey (solo), but I've kept missing him for the better part of 10-12 years. But the more I've heard live recordings of him on-line (just a few songs, here and there), the more determined I've become to catch him solo. Cannot wait!!!

Clanceman, Sammy Banderas and Peachy like this.
  21. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

That's what I'm here for. LA and San Diego

22. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

I like the version of Go Insane on this set!

Clanceman likes this.
  23. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

Hopefully this venue is not close to where hurricane Michael is landing. :(

Clanceman and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

25. wilbuck

wilbuck Forum Resident