Lindsey Buckingham - Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham (3 CD set) and 2018 tour dates

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by WalkAThinLine, Aug 7, 2018.

1. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Can someone print out the article here? The link is blocked at work

2. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

Exactly.

WalkAThinLine likes this.
  3. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

it doesn't take a Freud to guess what the main issue is...
    Lindsey has been happily married for 20 years with 3 kids while Stevie is...still just Stevie.
    that's the life path she chose and she enjoyed the perks of it for the most part but... there's a downside to it like anything else.
    forgive me if my opinion seems biased but...that is the impression i get everytime i hear Stevie talks about Lindsey in the past 20+ years.
    like @wilbuck said above, grow up and stop being such self-centered bitter lady :cry:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    WalkAThinLine likes this.
  4. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

Might want to find a better title for his album, as Paul Simon already used Blue Light. Bluer Lamp, maybe?

5. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Yeah, maybe...I think the important part is that he has a new album ready to go.
    That was a good article and Lindsey seems in a good place.

6. team2

team2 Forum Resident

7. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

And David Gilmour had a song called "Blue Light" as well. Maybe Lindsey should go with "Blue Luminescence."

Remy, Bananas&blow and Hep Alien like this.
  8. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

How does the Cradle-to-present stuff sound on vinyl compared to CD on the new comp?

9. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Good Read. I kept wondering how could Christine McVie have been ok with LB being fired over Nicks, after she just did an Album and Tour with LB? And John McVie and his current Wife living across the street from LB and his Wife. Wow, this must be awkward, as was pointed outed out in this Article when LB's Wife saw JM's Wife at the Salon.

And Mick Fleetwood not even returning messages to Lindsey Buckingham? He did play on parts of LB/CM's Album. I thought Mick Fleetwood was considered to be a Nice Dude?

10. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Shame?

11. team2

team2 Forum Resident

12. PRW94

PRW94 Forum Resident

Good story, but why should what comes out of Lindsey's mouth be granted automatic credibility any more than what comes out of Stevie's mouth?

I just said in the Fleetwood Mac thread ... this had been a toxic situation for 40 years, and probably there was dirt on multiple sets of hands and fault could be assigned in multiple directions. A lot of fantastic music came out of the sparks caused by that toxicity. However, at some point, toxicity causes an implosion/explosion.

IMO, the guy will be much happier in the long run doing what he wants to do, when he wants to do it, how he wants to do it, on his own terms.

13. What came out of her mouth that justified his being fired?

Nightfly68 and Rooster_Ties like this.
  14. PRW94

PRW94 Forum Resident

I was talking in a general sense, nothing specific.

Full disclosure: I'm a fan of the band Fleetwood Mac. Other than a handful of songs, I'm not a fan of any of their solo work, not Lindsey's, not Stevie's, not Christine's, not Mick's, not nobody's. It's just not my cup of Typhoo. That being said, I don't dismiss Lindsey's solo work as unworthy, and I don't dismiss his talent one iota. I do reject the notion in some quarters that FM was "his" band and that his efforts were primarily if not solely responsible for the group's success, and donning my Kevlar, I think it's hyperbole to consider him one of the Mount Rushmore level artists/talents of the 20th and 21st centuries as some folks seemingly do.

I know I chimed in on a thread about Lindsey's solo stuff ... in fairness, I did ponder going to see his solo show (I have tickets to see FM in February), but it's virtually a hard sellout in my locale and the prices on StubHub are out of my range, way more than I paid for the FM tickets (and they were face value). It was only in reaction to the Rolling Stone article that I chimed in.

Back to my point: What I was trying to say is that people on the Lindsey side, after this article, are jumping in and saying, "See, see, see!" And the point was, why should what he says be granted automatic credibility/verification over what the others say?

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  15. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

The irony in Lindsey feeling hurt by this is that he hasn't really wanted to be in Fleetwood Mac for 40 years! Not only did he quit for a decade, even when he was in the band he never stopped complaining in interviews about how dysfunctional they are, how they just wanted to make safe hit records, how they didn't appreciate what he did on Tusk, how hard it was working with his ex-girlfriend, how he just wanted to do his solo albums but they kept interrupting him, and on and on and on. He made it very clear that Fleetwood Mac was basically something he had to put up with to get people to pay attention to him.... but I guess you don't know what you got till it's gone.

16. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I am not sure if Mick Fleetwood chose Nicks thinking having her in the Band for the Tour would sell more tickets versus having Lindsey Buckingham and maybe it will, although he/we will never really know, but my money is going to go to Lindsey's Tour. Sorry, but that lineup is not Fleetwood Mac to me but is Fleetwood PC(yes I know they started out as a Blues Band with other Guitar Players).

Never saw Fleetwood Mac in Concert, but became a massive Fan the past 14/15 years of the Band of their Albums since LB/SN joined them(actually started with The Dance CD I bought prior to the Deluxe Versions of a few of their Albums think were released in 2004?).

Then joining this Forum a few years ago and learning about 'Rumours' Remastered by our Host and the recent Box Sets, along with reading about the turmoil among Band Members with the Egos, Drugs and hooking up with each other reignited my interest in their music(well also 'Mirage' & 'Tango on the Night' Box Sets and Expanded Deluxe Box Sets for 'ST', 'Rumours' & 'Tusk' are kind of recent).

Also, really liked 'Say You Will' Album that I read where Mick convinced LB to not do a Solo Album, but use some of his Songs planned for it, for a Fleetwood Mac Album instead(Guess Mick forgot about LB helping out the Band as a Favor to him for that Album).

LB has been one of my Top 3 Favorite Guitar Players(along with David Gilmour and Nile Rodgers).

17. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

I’ve been listening to this today. Lindsey is the real musical genius behind FM. No one else in that band has the creativity that he has. Brilliant. Never Going Back indeed...I hope he never does.

Merrick, WeepingWall, wilbuck and 6 others like this.
  18. PRW94

PRW94 Forum Resident

THIS! He says in the interview that he wasn't thrilled about another FM tour.

I don't know if anyone has seen any of the clips of the present band, but the thing that strikes me the most is that everybody seems happy.

Lindsey is acetylene when dropped into a situation. There's something to be said for the sparks that acetylene can cause. There's also something to be said for tranquility, especially when all concerned are at an advanced age.

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  19. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

He played on all of LB/CM, in fact. Except for any song that did not have drums. And yeah, even in this article Lindsey refers to Mick as still a great guy or something.

Hep Alien and TheSeldomSeenKid like this.
  20. MikeVielhaber

I think what he would have been excited about is making a new album. Stevie saw to it that that would never happen. Going on tour after tour without any new music probably gets old for him.

21. MikeVielhaber

I think Lindsey’s story is a lot more believable. That Stevie just didn’t want to work with him anymore makes more things make sense than trying to rationalize the story coming from the Stevie and Mick.

22. PRW94

PRW94 Forum Resident

I honestly think you're right and they ought to have the guts to come out and say it. People know this has been a toxic situation. Some will never understand. A lot of folks will IMO.

WeepingWall and WalkAThinLine like this.
  23. PRW94

PRW94 Forum Resident

I think she's dried up as a songwriter. I've said that in the FM thread. I think that's as big a deal as her not wanting Lindsey around. Because Lindsey hasn't. I've not been a fan of his solo stuff ... I've not liked a song of hers since "Stand Back" and how long ago was that ... but I'm going to be fair and check some of it out and revisit it with a more discerning ear.

24. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

He doesn’t need to.
    I bet he rather does things his way without the weight of FM on his shoulders. He earned his spurs and doesn’t need hit records, sold-out tours etc. anymore. If I were in his shoes I would’ve done the same at this point. I can’t blame him.

Regarding the lack of Law And Order material on the compilation it might have to do with that he probably wasn’t much of a happy camper at the dawn of the 80’s. Tusk was recently unleashed upon a bewildered audience and Stevie’s solo career was a major success. I bet that, especially taking into account the defiant nature (and subsequent commercial failure) of L&O, the public at large started seeing him as a tenacious, difficult guy and that must have hurt him in more ways than one.

Bananas&blow, Hep Alien and hifisoup like this.
  25. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

That's very well stated, but c'mon, Lindsey, you could've thrown us who loved Law & Order a few bones!