David Bowie LOVING THE ALIEN (1983-1988)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bowie Fett, Jul 18, 2018.

1. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Isn't the rule say there has to be 100 mins of audio content to count double?

2. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

I see that two NLMD'18 CDs have sold on ebay from a UK seller, and he has 1 remaining. At least one of those completed at GBP24.95 + GBP8.95 shipping. (Royal Mail International).

I dunno. If someone's willing to pay ~US$42 for 1 disc, they're just "not enough" of a Bowie fanatic to go all in? Book from the upcoming CD box, from the same seller, would set a US buyer back another $35.

So, $77 for two items from a $109 box.

This is where I got my Parlophone math from: if one is pursuing 3 items seriously, just go for the whole thing and make your life easier.

(Edit: $30 for "Dance", you say? A bargain!)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Colocally and ejluther like this.
  3. mishima's dog

mishima's dog Forum Resident

I'm guilty as charged for one of the £24.95 discs. It's free UK postage though so it's either £25 or £100 for the box. Since I'm happy with my original cd and dvd versions I'm going to let this one pass. (I also finally caved in this week and bought ANCIANT on vinyl so I've already broke my weekly Bowie allowance).

I did wonder if I should wait and see if I can pick one up cheaper after Friday but I don't think that'll be the case based on the previous boxes. There is an auction for one but it's already up at £20.

scobb and TonyCzar like this.
  4. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Yes, the postage is a killer, so if you're not paying it, you're still in the realm of sanity.

5. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Postage is what stops me using eBay these days. Especially in Canada.

TonyCzar likes this.
  6. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway Curated Iconic Half-Speed Picture Disc

Yeah, Foxx is really low profile, yet very good at what he does. A kind of obscure, yet simultaneously famous, person! Like say, Lee Ranaldo of Sonic Youth... really prolific, makes brilliant music and interesting music that hardly anyone seems to talk or know about..

Runicen and soundQman like this.
  7. mishima's dog

mishima's dog Forum Resident

Lee Ronaldo is massively underrated.
    I've always thought he wrote the best songs in SY and his version of Revolution Blues is up there with the original.

BlueSpeedway likes this.
  8. downer

downer Senior Member

cmcintyre likes this.
  9. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

I don't know one way or the other.

10. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

Thanks.

The Loving the Alien shirt sucks. The tote bag is nice. I wouldn't say no to the vinyl although I have those on vinyl already. The best thing I get a 10% discount for the new boxset. Thanks again ;)

TonyCzar likes this.
  11. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Indeed, and for several years he dropped out of the music scene, and instead concentrated on operating a European digital stock photography business. As you can tell from his album art including booklets like the one included in The Garden LP he was heavily into photography, graphics, and ghostly images, parallel to that kind of imagery in his many of his lyrics.

BlueSpeedway likes this.
  12. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway Curated Iconic Half-Speed Picture Disc

Yeah, I have a lot of respect for all of ex Sonic Youth (despite the fact one of my other favourites, Mark E Smith, hated them!), but I absolutely love Ranaldo. His non SY catalogue and performances/work are so interesting, so good. His SY songs awesome as you say: eg Wish Fulfilment... Mote.... :love:

mishima's dog likes this.
  13. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

JB are rubbing their hands together and Amazon are clueless, must have lost millions in lost revenue

14. Etienne Hanratty

Etienne Hanratty Forum Resident

Still showing as arriving tomorrow for me, but I’ve noticed a lot of other new releases now have a delivery date several days after the record comes out so I’m increasingly going to physical record shops for my listening needs.

TonyCzar likes this.
  15. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Please vent to [email protected] . Mr Bezos won’t reply but does read his emails. Enough protest may break this rediculous exclusion of Australia from the world for Amazon.

scobb likes this.
  16. pathosdrama

pathosdrama Forum Resident

No it won't.
    Amazon can do whatever it wants at this point and Jeff Bezos doesn't read his email address. One of his many secretaries does, and filters appropriately.

17. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Regardless of your assertion, I have had some positive results, including numerous phone calls from Executives by emailing that address.

CBackley likes this.
  18. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Mine still showing as "arriving tomorrow", with no shipping information. A little worrying, but we'll see. I'd of thought it would have shown as shipped by now.

EDIT: Whoa. Just checked my bank account. Amazon has taken its money, which usually only happens when something has shipped. Is it possible it has shipped, but they've not updated their site, or do they sometimes take the money a little early for pre-orders...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  19. sore_and_crucified

sore_and_crucified Forum Resident

Mine is still showing as arriving tomorrow by 11pm...I don’t think the neighbors will appreciate hearing Dancing In The Street at midnight, or even any other time for that matter :D

Slave2chaos and Juggsnelson like this.
  20. DBMethos

DBMethos Forum Resident

Same. I've also got a pre-order in for MassEducation by St. Vincent which streets tomorrow too. Same deal: "Arriving tomorrow" status, credit card charged, no shipment info.

21. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Shipping notification received. Come on, Friday delivery! :D

PaperbackBroadstreet likes this.
  22. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Burning Shed reports they've sold out all copies of the CD-box and it's already been deleted? :|

23. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

My amazon-order also still shows the delivery tomorrow till 11PM - which is strange since I paid the 5 Bucks more for morning express...
    Starting to get worried...

24. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Amazon has shipped my vinyl but says the CDs won't arrive until Wednesday. Strange.

25. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

It's not deleted.