50th Anniversary all things Beatles White Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tinnox, Feb 8, 2018.

1. goer

goer Forum Resident

too late :eek:

tinnox likes this.
  2. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

Wow. I guess they make things like that to sort the diehard fans from the casual fans.

I recall seeing some similar thing years ago in a big book of collectible Beatles items. It was a "statue" like that sort of, except it was square and clear plastic and I think it had John & Yoko kind of hollowed out in the middle of it. I've never seen it elsewhere. Who knows if there are people even interested in that kind of thing. I kind of think it must be aimed at "collectors" who don't know a whole lot other than most items are expected to increase in value as time goes on.

tinnox likes this.
  3. MarkTWIC

MarkTWIC Forum Resident

Well I did an ebay search for "Beatles Statue", I think it would be fair to say that good ones are a rarity.

I mean who is this supposed to be? The statue is clearly standing on a picture of Lee Hazlewood, I got that. I would only know because of the caption.

[​IMG]

Or this?!?! I actually don't know what to say about this at $150.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

On the right, an early-Beatles picture on the wall!

tinnox, Lewisboogie and BeatlesBop like this.
  5. voles

voles Forum Lurker

The byrds?

tinnox and MarkTWIC like this.
  6. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I would expect the same. Same team. Same approvers. Very similar remix style of Pepper. Many people liked the sound of the Pepper remix. Why mess up a winning formula?

See above.

Danybeatle, tinnox and Lewisboogie like this.
  7. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

Well, the one on the right is obviously Mark Hamill. Not sure about the others though! ;)

8. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Haha wow, this says it all.

9. voles

voles Forum Lurker

I think that is Charles Hawtrey on the left with, possibly, Fenella Fielding on the right...

10. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Ian Botham?

edenofflowers, tinnox and MarkTWIC like this.
  11. Catbirdman

Catbirdman Forum Resident

Second from left looks like Terry Melcher.

12. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

To me they look like (left to right) Geddy Lee (Rush), Gabe Kaplan (Welcome Back Kotter), Dennis Eckersly (baseball pitcher), and Mark Hamil (Star Wars)!!!!

13. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

"What's The New Mary Jane" is over 6 minutes on Anthology 3. So where does this shorter version of 2:42 come from?

14. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

This

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

15. soniclovenoize

soniclovenoize Forum Resident

According to Lewisohn, there were four takes: Take 1 was a breakdown, Take 2 is 2:35, Take 3 is 3:45 and Take 4 was 6:35. Take 4 was the master that got vintage mono mixes (faded out at 3:15) and eventually received overdubs in November 1969 for the unreleased Plastic Ono Band single along with YKMN(LUTN).

We are apparently getting the shorter, earlier take than the Master take 4.

16. BeatlesObsessive

BeatlesObsessive The Earl of Sandwich Ness

Bunch of lawyers ordering lunch from the best restaurants in London or New York sitting around a table shooting the breeze and as they finish up one lawyer says "Boogaloo wants to do A" and another one says "Ocean Child thinks that would be ill advised" third one "Billy Shears is amenable" fourth says "Scrunched Face is still scornful." See you all in 6 months!

tinnox and let him run... like this.
  17. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

:righton: Thanks!

18. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

That sounds pretty close to what I might imagine. Also a good indication as to why the Imagine box is so fat with interesting stuff. When you have a board of one making decisions, it's pretty smooth sailing.

19. real01

real01 Forum Resident

OK, we've heard new remix of Back In the USSSR. (Paul's song).
    Now, it will be great if by the release of the album, we hear one of John's.
    (It is a double-album, right - so a good reason to hear another song.)
    Or, may I suggest - one of George's songs, one Ringo's - and one which Mr. Martin (Giles) likes.
    Oh, wait - that's already five songs - side one of the LP! :angel:

tinnox likes this.
  20. supermd

supermd Senior Member

According to @mikecarrera, there is still a new video to be released of a John song. :)

21. BeatlesObsessive

BeatlesObsessive The Earl of Sandwich Ness

Jeez... I'm sure we are just being too demanding. How long has it been since Lewisohn? 30 years? We've been listening to documentaries and interviews about tape boxes, splicing tape, Fairchild limiters, Geoff, Ken, 4 track, 8 track, remakes. This must be all there is to present. Either we're crazy or the shelves containing Imagine just burst through the wall and every engineer in the Capitol universe spent the last 10 years mixing every cassette tape they found into 5.1 but somehow the most eagerly awaited five month recording session in rock history is good for a disc or two of goodies. Now I can't complain and I'll enjoy it when it comes I'm sure.

voles, tinnox and alexpop like this.
  22. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

John and Paul had gone to find them.... :cool:

tinnox likes this.
  23. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

True, but I think Back In The USSR does sound bit different - less “in your face” (or compressed) compared to some of the rock tracks on Pepper. Definitely not as loud, but even the EQ seems bit different.

Giles did say that the first remix attempt got rejected for being “too compressed” and so perhaps someone at Apple is pushing for slightly different sound this time around. I guess we’ll only know for sure once it’s out but I am hopeful :)

Danybeatle and tinnox like this.
  24. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

tinnox likes this.
  25. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

tinnox likes this.