Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame 2019 nominees

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ModernDayWarrior, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dylancat

Dylancat Forum Resident

Hal Blaine also in hall

AudiophilePhil likes this.
  2. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

He's a member of the Wrecking Crew, a group of session musicians who performed on almost every pop/rock recordings of many famous artists from the 60's to the 70's.

3. Dylancat

Dylancat Forum Resident

See
    They do some things right. :)
    Steve Douglas also in (Wrecking Crew)
    But still think they all too often overlook the songwriting, producing, side personnel, and early influences factor
    Carol Kaye should be in also.
    How bout Bacharach-David or Jimmy Webb?
    Should be in

4. lazydawg58

lazydawg58 Know enough to know how much I don't know

I should have said that I don't like electronic music. It sounds sterile to me. My point is that just because I don't like an artist, in this case Kraftwork, doesn't mean that they haven't made significant contributions and are enjoyed by many others. I get why they are nominated and will very likely be inducted.

ianuaditis likes this.
  5. lazydawg58

lazydawg58 Know enough to know how much I don't know

I think I picked up one of their records recently while crate digging. Once I get it cleaned up I'll take it for a spin. There is a ton of music out there. You can't listen to it all.

6. Carl Steward

Carl Steward Forum Resident

I thought more people would be ticked off at my Kraftwerk rip. Proof that they don't belong. Ever met a woman who said, "Got any Kraftwerk?" They don't exist.

7. Carl Steward

Carl Steward Forum Resident

They must live in a seminary. Even there I might throw on The Lovecats.

8. Vangro

Vangro Forum Resident

I think it was because it seemed too much like a parody, so no-one believed it. This is the same, because to imply women don't like Kraftwerk can only be meant as a joke.

Synthfreek likes this.
  9. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

I'm on year 31. :shrug:

lazydawg58 likes this.
  10. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

[​IMG]

11. zen

zen Senior Member

Peter Wolf in a dress! :p

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  12. matt0505

matt0505 Forum Resident

These threads will be fantastic years from now when people like Britney Spears start getting in ahead of the ones that are constantly called for here.

13. Praveen

Praveen Forum Resident

Considering the hall has neglected glam rock genre, TREX would be a great addition. 20th Century Boy is one of the coolest songs of all time. At least induct that damn song

14. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Has there been a thread yet about current (younger) artists who have the potential to be in the Hall of Fame if they keep going strong?

Courtney Barnett is my favorite newer artist........I'd like to think if she's still putting out great albums 20+ years from now, she might get in.
    (Of course, I probably won't be around to see it)

15. Black Magic Woman

Black Magic Woman Forum Resident

Future inductees? IMO Beyonce (2022), Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, etc.

16. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Theoretically, length of career isn't a factor. One brilliant or groundbreaking album (maybe even song?) is all that's necessary.

17. Black Thumb

Black Thumb Yah Mo B There

Kraftwerk fans don't get ticked off at such things, we consider them to be inevitable glitches in an imperfect system.

Vangro and Zoot Marimba like this.
  18. LandHorses

You're right.

In that case............
    Courtney Barnett for class of 2040!!!

Zeki likes this.
  19. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

T. Rex still has a big influence on the sound of rock music and indie rock today. They sounded cool in 1971...they sound cool in 2018. People are using that sound as a blueprint today. They should have been in a long time ago.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Zoot Marimba likes this.
  20. LandHorses

I agree about TRex

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  21. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Beyonce and Gaga are probably shoe-ins (deservedly). Lorde appears to be already over, Kanye may be in his 14th minute. The others, wait and see.

22. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

Devo... about time

Still no Jethro Tull... bummer

And, although I don't like them, at all. I will support Def Leppard... just because they didn't kick out their drummer after his accident all those years ago. That's the Rock 'n' Roll ultimate act of loyalty, and I am forever impressed with them about that.

Roxy Music and The Zombies would be nice to see get in, too.

Audiowannabee, Zoot Marimba and Zeki like this.
  23. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

Oh, and I forgot John Prine.

This man is a national treasure. It will be a crime if he does not get in.

IMO.

24. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Too bad almost all of them are dead. Even when first eligible, Marc, Took, and Currie had all died.

As far as performance/induction, get a name artist; that’s not hard with T. Rex.

25. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

And... there is an entire wing of the genre we call rock 'n' roll that is "pre-fab" bands, and there are a few already inducted... (ahem)... These guys are the pre-eminent band in that category.

I mean, there's a reason they're still being talked about 50 years after the show.

On that note, alone, I believe they deserve to be in.

However, I'd also argue that Nesmith's Monkee years influenced and altered Rock 'n' Roll in a deep and profound way. I do know in Nashville he's generally considered the father of country-rock (although I think it's more accurate to say he's the father of country-pop). Plus, the Monkees led directly to music videos and MTV, through Nesmith, which definitely changed rock 'n' roll (we can argue if it was in a good way) forever.

Ok, wow... my PC is crapping out on me, so I need to end here and post this before it crashes. ... :shrug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.