Lindsey Buckingham Sues Fleetwood Mac Over Dismissal from Band

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by IHeartRecordsAz, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

does Fleetwood Mac still gross enough on tour to make all this legal wrangling worthwhile?

and I don't mean to be ugly...but how much money does a person need... how many Yachts does a person need to own... aren't these fine folks rich enough to just hang it up with some dignity?

I just do not understand. I really like FM, but this is unseemly. imo.

2. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Stevie: "We don’t have anything else to do." L.O.L.

Galaga King, painted8, PDK and 2 others like this.
  3. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

That is exactly the point. Azoff knows that in 2018, the brand is much bigger than the individual band members.

4. PacificOceanBlue

Well, Lindsey apparently alleges that each of the band members were guaranteed $14 million in salary for this upcoming tour, and that is what he is in part suing over. He agreed to the terms of the tour and thinks he is entitled to his $14 million.

5. MortSahlFan

MortSahlFan Forum Resident

She's only saying that because she doesn't have kids, and the rest do... I laughed at her on that silly ellen show; it was pathetic.

PDK likes this.
  6. 131east23

131east23 Person of Interest

It's not his band... he came in late and stayed too long. Move on.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  7. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

If L.B.'s lawsuit has any legal basis for prevailing then somebody gave Mick and Co. some really bad legal advice.

8. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Newsflash—-

A bunch of rich musicians can’t get along. :rolleyes:

9. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

Why screw around with that deal with any solo project and doings? Play the contracted deal, when completed do a solo thing.

10. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

I’ll be honest for all these people moaning about how “the Spark is not there without Lindsey”, I have to ask “what Spark has there been in the past 15 years [and that’s being generous]”

smoke, themisto, Dan C and 4 others like this.
  11. PacificOceanBlue

I doubt the solo project really had anything to do with his removal -- all signs point to Stevie finally reaching her breaking point and refusing to work with Lindsey.

12. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham Sues Band for Cutting Him from Tour

couple extra details here

If he signed a contract for $12 million dollars for the 2018-19 tour, then he's legally entitled to that money.

On what grounds? Especially if he doesn't mock the tour directly.

Best Buy or Walmart would have given them high seven figures for a classic lineup album. It's a "writer's block" cop out answer from Stevie.

Buckingham has no grounds to STOP the tour. The question is his tour contract Buckingham signed in early 2017, and how much he is willing to legally fight Azoff in court to see who flinches first.

13. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

Out of curiosity how old are these “kids”?

Audiowannabee likes this.
  14. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

I'm with Team Buckingham on this one.

It appears to me - a mere outside observer, I concede - that it was always Lindsey Buckingham who was asked to make compromises for the greater good of the brand... oops, sorry, band... it was Lindsey who was blamed by the others for Tusk not selling as well as Rumors, it was Lindsey who swallowed them doing a deliberately 'safe' commercial album like Mirage even when his heart wasn't in it, it was Lindsey who had to use intended solo material for Tango in the Night because the others (save Christine McVie) were too coked-up to get it together, it was Lindsey who tried for five years (2012-17) to get a new FM album going to no avail (mainly because Stevie Nicks couldn't be bothered to contribute any material to the writing and/or spend a mere week or two in the studio singing her parts)... all he wanted was a lousy three months for a solo tour and they couldn't even give him that... really, guys???

Ironic that they chose Stevie Nicks over Lindsey, considering she seems to be the problem for the last few years in that band being anything more than a traveling jukebox...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  15. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

16. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

wow. they make that much?

17. HoundsOBurkittsville

HoundsOBurkittsville Deep Wine List Sonic Equivalency

After lovingly inviting Lindsey back into the fold, Fleetwood Mac needs to put this delicious acrimony to good use as a creative motivator for penning a Rumours Too. :D

MortSahlFan, PDK and Zoot Marimba like this.
  18. PRW94

PRW94 Forum Resident

Let me play devil's advocate. And I'll say up front that I want them to make some more new music, my hope with Finn coming in ... and I'm on record that I think he's Lindsey's absolute equal in everything except maybe production ... was that he'd prod Stevie into writing some more and proving that she's not totally dried up as a songwriter.

But do the people who are going to these shows really want anything other than a traveling jukebox that plays Chain, Rhiannon and Gold Dust Woman?

Do you reach a point where following the muse is more trouble than giving the lowest common denominator fans what they want?

19. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

I'm in the wrong business.

MortSahlFan likes this.
  20. zen

zen Senior Member

They got the rich people blues!

21. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Buckingham and Mick have kids in high school.

22. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident

Stevie, and possibly Mick, could have legit reasons to not like working with him. But Christine just did (apparently well). And John apparently has $12-14m reasons to “not like working with him”. lol

Fullbug likes this.
  23. PacificOceanBlue

The last tour grossed nearly $200 million, so it would not be surprising to see the band members net around $70 million.

Vinyl_Blues and Fullbug like this.
  24. JannL

JannL Forum Resident

Did he call Christine?

25. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member

I'm not defending the remaining band members by any means, but their refusal to reply to Lindsey's attempts at outreach is not surprising if you look at his firing from a legal perspective. I can easily see the band's attorneys directing them to not have any contact with Lindsey, as any correspondence could potentially be used against them in the event that he decided to take legal action, which of course he now has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.