Glass (January 18, 2019)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by 5th-beatle, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Official trailer. I know you hype up action for trailers, but this seems a little over-the-top.

enro99 likes this.
  3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Looks great to me.

pblmow likes this.
  4. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

Well it's been a long wait since Unbreakable, but damn... that was worth it!!!

Count me in for this one; M. Night Shyamalan has gotten a second creative wind of late, so I'm betting that he'll deliver big-time on this...

Jazzmonkie likes this.
  5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I loved the trailer and can't wait for the film. I think Unbreakable is kind of a little masterpiece, almost its own genre: the mystery/thriller/superhero/psychological horror film.

6. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I actually liked his movies cause he doesn’t make stupid action movies but, you know, a guys got to eat. But there are three hot teen cheerleaders in their outfits chained in the basement how bad could it be? Then again…

Steve Carras likes this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Wow, new trailer hit this week...

This looks totally fantastic. I'm completely psyched to see this.

pblmow, alexpop, Encuentro and 2 others like this.
  8. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

He's got a hit formula now. Pt 3?

Ghostworld likes this.
  9. The Hermit

Me too, this is going to be gangbusters good, I just know it... between this and Marty Scorsese's upcoming The Irishman, the start of 2019 is gonna be good for new films... before the CGI deluge begins in earnest for the rest of the year... and I say that as someone looking forward to the new Marvel titles next year (and nothing to do with Brie Larson in tight leather, oh no!).

Vidiot likes this.
  10. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

The way things are going these days, don't be surprised if Deadpool shows up in the next one.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    alexpop likes this.
  11. alexpop

Just occurred to me The X-Men are looking for a new Wolverine, perhaps a beefed up/CGI James McAvoy( ala Kevin etc..) can morph between Professor Xavier and The Wolverine.
    Cost effective at least.

Ghostworld likes this.
  12. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

:p

alexpop likes this.
  13. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

I want to love it, but the M.N.S. restaurant has served me garbage and called it gourmet too many times. I’ll wait for Redbox

Ghostworld likes this.
  14. alexpop

Trailer 3 ( only 16 seconds ) .. Too short. :)

15. alexpop

Wolverine meets The Beast.

16. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Well you know there’s no reason why Marvel and DC have the lock on “superheroes”. Why can’t a writer like Night create new comic characters and isnt that the whole point of the first film?. I’m glad it’s called Glass because I think Samuel Jackson was under used in the original. But as Alexpop said franchise is the name of the game.

Vidiot and alexpop like this.
  17. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I watched "12 Monkeys" last week. Bruce was really great in it. It's sad just how lazy he's been as an actor for the past 15-20 years, churning out a lot of crap, and playing the same kind of part over and over and over. I hope he's got a good performance left in him. I really want this movie to be good. The tie in at the end of "Split" was a very nice surprise.

GodShifter likes this.
  18. alexpop

Franchise " did I say that. :)
    Regarding SLJ, Glass aye, his best role outside his Tarantino scripted stuff.

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Note that The Irishman is roughly 50% CGI, because they had to create 35-year-old versions of Joe Pesci, Robert DeNiro, and Al Pacino for all the flashback scenes. One source tells me that of the $140 million budget for this film, $60 million went for the above-the-line costs (Scorsese and the 3 main actors), then another $50 million is going for VFX.

The Hermit likes this.
  20. The Hermit

Very good point and duly noted, but what I meant was overtly CGI films like just about every major studio release for the next decade or thereabouts.

The extensive use of visual effects work for The Irishman will hopefully be imperceptible onscreen, but it's also probably why it's now 2019 and we haven't seen a frame of footage as yet... I believe the original release date was February; that obviously isn't going to happen now... maybe a world premiere at Cannes in May?

21. alexpop

Good year for Al Pacino what with The Irishman + Once Upon A Time In Hollywood out about the same time.

22. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident Thread Starter

23. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

he makes amazing .....trailers. :evil: I remember seeing the promos for 'lady in the water' and thinking, this is gonna be awesome. ill wait for some reviews to trickle in

kevywevy likes this.
  24. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Does one need to see Split before seeing this one?

25. alexpop

Unbreakable
    Split
    Glass

In that order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.