Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mark winstanley, Oct 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Elvis is playing acoustic rhythm all the way through the song, and his guitar is centered in the mix along with his vocal. After the sax solo, there is someone riffing on an electric guitar in the left channel for the final 40 seconds or so of the song... that is not Elvis, who's still playing acoustic rhythm guitar. It's probably Hank.

mark winstanley and RSteven like this.
  2. DirkM

DirkM Forum Resident

The last three songs on Elvis Is Back! form a marvelously intense suite of songs, moving from the gentle-yet-urgent pop of Girl Next Door Went A-Walking to the desperate Like A Baby to the almost-paradoxical Reconsider Baby (paradoxical because the lyrics are begging her to stay, but Elvis' remarkably self-assured vocal is telling us that he's already moved on). There's a story there, and really, you can see it over the whole album side: there's a song of doubt, there are two songs of lust (and consummation), and then there's the fallout.

I've already mentioned not being a big blues fan (side note: I still can't see why Mystery Train is so revered), but I love Reconsider Baby. It's just perfection from start to finish (the Madison Square Garden version ain't bad either). More than that, it's a perfect album closer, and a perfect finale to the emotional vignette that's the second side of Elvis Is Back!

Dave112, mark winstanley and RSteven like this.
  3. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

Great points all, and I wasn't the biggest blues fan either, but as I said before, Charlie Rich, Ray Charles and Elvis got me to appreciate the genre more than I ever thought I would. I really dig the live version of Reconsider Baby from MSG as well. Elvis's stellar vocals and Burton's great guitar licks almost surpass the original studio version from the Elvis Is Back! album.

mark winstanley likes this.
  4. DirkM

DirkM Forum Resident

Do you have any suggestions as to specific singles/EPs/albums I should check out? I've never been impressed by the Ray Charles that I've heard (hits collections, mostly, plus the Modern Sounds in C&W album), and while I moderately enjoy the Behind Closed Doors album, I've never felt particularly compelled to seek out more Charlie Rich.

If it's worth anything, I love Mississippi John Hurt's music. I've always felt that he was more "folk" than "blues," but perhaps there's a subtlety that I'm missing there?

5. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product Thread Starter

The Great Ray Charles is a good instrumental album, if you don't like his voice.
    Ray sings Basie Swings is a great album and available in 5.1

DirkM and RSteven like this.
  6. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

Well for Ray Charles, I highly recommend the DCC version of His Greatest Hits Uh Huh, fantastically remastered by our esteemed host, @Steve Hoffman and Ray Charles himself. A truly fantastic sounding double CD that really covers the man's range from pop, country and blues. This is one of the best sounding CD's in my entire collection. Just fantastic. If you do not find more than a few things you like on this compilation than you might as well give up on listening to Ray Charles.

Charlie Rich has a truckload of great material, but it is strung out on a multitude of labels over many years. I would start with Feel Like Going Home: The Essential Charlie Rich on Sony Legacy. This compilation covers a lot of ground, but instead of just featuring his biggest hits, it also wisely features some of his greatest artistic moments from all the various labels he recorded with over the years. You get the Elvis inspired Lonely Weekends from his Sun Record days to his definitive version of I Washed My Hand In Muddy Waters from his Smash Records period (Elvis actually had the Rich 45 version in his collection at home and it surely inspired Elvis great cut of it in 1970). You also get some amazing Rich originals like No Home and Who Will The Next Fool Be, with some fantastic piano playing by Rich himself, who was a virtuoso on that instrument. You even get a few of the big country-pop hits, but the title cut alone is worth the price of the whole package. Start here and go slowly as Elvis author Peter Guralnick once said, "You can drown in Charlie Rich music as there is so much of it." I do highly recommend the ride though. I believe he is the greatest singer that hardly anybody knows about anymore, but Elvis sure admired him and told him so once in a chance meeting at a World Football League game in Memphis.

7. mark winstanley

It's Now Or Never
    Written By :
    Aaron Schroeder & Wally Gold

Recorded :

RCA's Studio B, Nashville, April 3-4, 1960 : April 3, 1960. splice takes 4 and 2

"It's Now or Never"
    [​IMG]
    Single by Elvis Presley
    B-side
    "A Mess of Blues"
    Released July 5, 1960
    Format Vinyl single
    Recorded April 3, 1960, RCA Studios, Nashville, Tennessee
    Genre Pop
    Length 3:15
    Label RCA Victor
    Songwriter(s) Wally Gold, Aaron Schroeder, Eduardo di Capua

Music video
    "It's Now or Never" (audio) on YouTube
    "It's Now or Never" is a ballad recorded by Elvis Presley in 1960. It is one of two popular songs based on the Italian song of Neapolitan language "'O Sole mio" (music by Eduardo di Capua), the other being "There's No Tomorrow", recorded by U.S. singer Tony Martin in 1949, which inspired Presley's version. The lyrics were written by Aaron Schroeder and Wally Gold. The single is the best-selling single by Presley (20 million copies), and one of the best-selling singles of all time.[1] It was recorded by Bill Porter at RCA Studio B in Nashville.[2]

In the late 1950s, while stationed in Germany with the U.S. Army, Presley heard Martin's recording. According to The New York Times, quoting from the 1986 book Behind The Hits, "he told the idea to his music publisher, Freddy Bienstock, who was visiting him in Germany... Mr. Bienstock, who many times found songwriters for Presley, returned to his New York office, where he found songwriters, Mr. [Aaron] Schroeder and Wally Gold, the only people in that day. The two wrote lyrics in half an hour. Selling more than 20 million records, the song became number one in countries all around and was Presley's best selling single ever... a song [they] finished in 20 minutes to a half hour was the biggest song of [their] career."[3]

In 1960, "It's Now or Never" was a number-one record in the U.S., spending five weeks at number one and the UK, where it spent eight weeks at the top in 1960 and an additional week at number one in 2005 as a re-issue, and numerous other countries, selling in excess of 25 million copies worldwide, Elvis Presley's biggest international single ever. Its British release was delayed for some time because of rights issues, allowing the song to build up massive advance orders and to enter the UK Singles Chart at number one, a very rare occurrence at the time. "It's Now or Never" peaked at number seven on the R&B charts.[4]

Barry White credited this song as his inspiration for changing his life and becoming a singer following his release from prison.[5]

A live version featuring "'O Sole mio" is available on the 1977 live album Elvis in Concert. "'O Sole mio" is sung by tenor Sherrill Nielson.

In early 2005, the song was re-released along with the other Presley singles in the UK, and again reached number one on the UK Singles Chart for the week of 5 February 2005. The re-release held the record for the lowest selling number-one single in UK chart history until Orson's "No Tomorrow" in 2006.[6] The song also appears in the TV mini-series Elvis.

Weekly charts[edit]
    Chart (1960–61) Peak
    position

Australia (Kent Music Report)[7] 1
    Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[8] 1
    Germany (Der Musikmarkt)[9] 2
    Netherlands (Single Top 100)[10] 1
    Norway (VG-lista)[11] 1
    UK Singles (Official Charts Company)[12] 1
    US Billboard Hot 100[13] 1
    US Billboard Hot R&B Sides[14] 7
    US Singles (Cash Box)[15] 1
    -----------------------------------------------------
    One of Elvis' most famous singles and a worldwide smash hit. Starting off with the slow sweet gentle backing vocals and sliding into the samba(?) beat we get a moderate tempo love song that has captured the imaginations of millions around the world.
    This is a great song and probably appears on just about any career spanning best of compilation.

8. mark winstanley

Mess Of Blues
    Written By :
    Doc Pomus & Mort Shuman

Recorded :

RCA's Studio B, Nashville, March 20, 1960: March 21, 1960. take 5
    [​IMG]

"A Mess Of Blues" is a song written by Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman that was originally recorded by Elvis Presley for RCA Records in 1960, reaching number 32 in the US charts and number 2 in the UK charts.
    The Blue Moon Boys

Additional musicians
    ----------------------------------------------
    Track 5 on the sixties box and when I got that set it was the first time I had heard the song. This is a really nice, easy rolling song. Much less a blues track, than what had become a traditional rock and roll song. Obviously it incorporates blues stylings, but that was the whole point of rock and roll.
    Another great track and in reality 1960 should have been an absolute triumph based on those first post army recording sessions.

RSteven and Dave112 like this.
  9. DirkM

DirkM Forum Resident

This is one of those singles where I much prefer the B-side to the A-side. Nothing against It's Now Or Never, but it's a bit shallow as far as Elvis songs go. What you hear the first time out is pretty much what you hear each time after that. A Mess Of Blues is equally catchy, but there's far more nuance there, particularly in Elvis' vocal. I definitely think they should have found a place for it on side 1 of EIB!

10. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I keep wanting to comment on the thread, but I have a hard time due to the fact I dont have enough time to comment at length. Elvis deserves a lot of thought. To me it will always be very cool to like Elvis and his music. No voice ever came close to the best aspects of Elvis Presley's. Truely stands above and unmatched.

11. mark winstanley

I understand mate. There's always something going on.

12. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Perhaps his best vocal ever.

13. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Forum Resident

Peggy's Fever is great. However no one can outdo Elvis as it comes to conveying emotion and feeling. I BELIEVE Elvis. Peggy is textbook perfection. Elvis is empathetic.

MaestroDavros and RSteven like this.
  14. mark winstanley

yea i think Alex wasn't understanding what I was trying to say back there.
    There is certainly nothing wrong with Peggy's fever, I just find it a bit stiff in the delivery compared to Elvis. His delivery is so relaxed and smooth, it's hard to beat

RSteven likes this.
  15. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Forum Resident

Elvis best non compilation albums IMHO are the Debut, Elvis Is Back, From Elvis In Memphis and Elvis Country. When I first heard Elvis Is Back, it was way before I was aware of any reviews or its status. It is a masterpiece from my point of view. It did not NEED the associated hit singles to elevate it to top status. Such A Night, Fever, Thrill Of Your Love, Reconsider Baby, Like A Baby and It Feels So Right are at least as good if not better than Stuck On You, Are You Lonesome Tonight and It's Now Or Never!

16. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

I just think that this amazing double sided hit of It's Now Or Never/A Mess Of Blues demonstrates in spades why Elvis had the most versatile and amazing voice on the planet and also one of the most beautiful (No less an intellect as great as Willian F. Buckley said specifically that Elvis had "The most beautiful singing voice on the entire planet," while writing an article about Perry Como no less).

So Elvis goes from sounding like a more delicate and beautiful version of Mario Lanza (He virtually had the same nearly three octave range that the opera singer had at his call), to singing a rocking blues song that captures all the great passion and grit of his voice (A Mess Of Blues). I almost don't have the words to express my awe of Elvis's stupendous talent and voice!

Brian Mc, Dave112, artfromtex and 2 others like this.
  17. mark winstanley

Elvis, George Burns and Bobby Darin - July 1960
    [​IMG]

18. mark winstanley

July 11 1960 fairgrounds amusement park
    [​IMG]

19. mark winstanley

Fairgrounds amusement park July 11 1960
    [​IMG]

NumberEight likes this.
  20. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

Wow! Never seen that before.

Dave112 and mark winstanley like this.
  21. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

Never knew that. Cool

RSteven, mark winstanley and Dave112 like this.
  22. Dave112

Dave112 Forum Resident

I know that I'm jumping ahead a few years but Tickle Me had probably the best soundtrack songs of any movie of this period since it was songs from previously released material and "bonus songs" from other soundtrack albums.

mark winstanley likes this.
  23. mark winstanley

GI Blues
    G.I. Blues
    [​IMG]
    Soundtrack album by Elvis Presley
    Released
    October 1, 1960
    Recorded April–May 1960
    Genre Pop, rock and roll
    Length 26:35
    Label RCA Victor

G.I. Blues is the third soundtrack album by American singer and musician Elvis Presley, released by RCA Victor in monoand stereo, LPM/LSP 2256, in October 1960. It is the soundtrack to the 1960 film of the same name starring Presley. Recording sessions took place on April 27 and 28, and May 6, 1960, at RCA Victor Studio C and Radio Recorders in Hollywood, California. The album topped the Billboard Top Pop Album chart.[4] It was certified Gold on March 13, 1963 and Platinum on March 27, 1992 by the Recording Industry Association of America.[5]

Music on this album comprised songs that had appeared in the film of the same name. The song "Wooden Heart" was released as a single in the United Kingdom, where it was number one for six weeks. In the United States, Joe Dowellrecorded a cover version of "Wooden Heart" that topped the Billboard Hot 100. RCA Victor later released "Wooden Heart" by Presley as the b-side of a single twice, once in 1964 on the back of a reissue of "Blue Christmas," and again on the flip side of a belated issue in 1965 of "Puppet on a String" from the film Girl Happy. Four songs from this album appear on the 1995 soundtrack compilation Command Performances: The Essential 60s Masters II: "G.I. Blues", "Wooden Heart", "Shoppin' Around", and "Doin' the Best I Can".

Due to copyright reasons, the European version of the soundtrack album and film substitutes the opening track "Tonight Is So Right for Love" with the song "Tonight's All Right for Love", adapted from a melody by 19th century waltz-king Johann Strauss II, Tales from the Vienna Woods. The melody for "Tonight Is So Right for Love" was taken directly from a barcarolle composed by Jacques Offenbach, one of Strauss's contemporaries. An American release of "Tonight's All Right for Love" did not occur until it appeared on the compilation album Elvis: A Legendary Performer Volume 1 in 1974. The version of "Blue Suede Shoes" used on the soundtrack is a new recording of the song Presley first recorded in 1956, and is one of only a few songs that Presley would re-record in a studio setting during his career, others being "Love Letters", "It Hurts Me" and "A Little Less Conversation".

The G.I. Blues soundtrack album was nominated for two Grammy Awards in 1960 in the categories Best Sound Track Album Or Recording Of Original Cast From A Motion Picture Or Television and Best Vocal Performance Album, Male.[6]

On April 27, 1997, RCA remastered the album for compact disc, adding eight outtakes from the recording session as bonus tracks. Two songs were previously released, the acoustic version of "Big Boots" appearing on the posthumous 1978 album Elvis Sings for Children and Grown-Ups Too, and the substitute "Tonight's All Right For Love".[7] In 2012 G.I. Blues was released on the Follow That Dream label in a 7-inch digi-pack edition featuring a booklet and two CDs containing the original album tracks and numerous alternate takes.[8] A follow-up album, Café Europa, which also contained a booklet and two CDs was released in 2013. This album featured more alternate takes of the G.I. Blues soundtrack.[9]

Side one
    No.
    Title Writer(s) Recording date Length
    1. "Tonight Is So Right for Love" Abner Silver and Sid Wayne April 27, 1960 2:14
    2. "What's She Really Like" Abner Silver and Sid Wayne April 28, 1960 2:17
    3. "Frankfort Special" Sid Wayne and Sherman Edwards May 6, 1960 2:58
    4. "Wooden Heart" Ben Weisman, Fred Wise, Kathleen Twomey, Bert Kaempfert April 28, 1960 2:03
    5. "G.I. Blues" Sid Tepper and Roy C. Bennett April 27, 1960 2:36
    Side two
    No.
    1. "Pocketful of Rainbows" Ben Weisman and Fred Wise May 6, 1960 2:35
    2. "Shoppin' Around" Aaron Schroeder, Sid Tepper, Roy C. Bennett May 6, 1960 2:24
    3. "Big Boots" Sid Wayne and Sherman Edwards May 6, 1960 1:31
    4. "Didja' Ever" Sid Wayne and Sherman Edwards April 27, 1960 2:36
    5. "Blue Suede Shoes" Carl Perkins April 28, 1960 2:07
    6. "Doin' the Best I Can" Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman April 27, 1960 3:10
    1997 CD reissue bonus tracks[edit]
    Tracks 1-11 are from the original release
    No.
    12. "Tonight's All Right For Love" Sid Wayne, Abner Silver, Johann Strauss II May 6, 1960 1:21
    13. "Big Boots" (fast version) Sid Wayne and Sherman Edwards May 6, 1960 1:14
    14. "Shoppin' Around" (alternate take 11) Aaron Schroeder, Sid Tepper, Roy C. Bennett April 27, 1960 2:15
    15. "Frankfort Special" (fast version take 2) Sid Wayne and Sherman Edwards April 27, 1960 2:25
    16. "Pocketful of Rainbows" (alternate take 2) Ben Weisman and Fred Wise April 28, 1960 2:47
    17. "Didja' Ever" (alternate take 1) Sid Wayne and Sherman Edwards April 27, 1960 2:42
    18. "Big Boots" (acoustic version) Sid Wayne and Sherman Edwards May 6, 1960 0:58
    19. "What's She Really Like" (alternate take 7) Abner Silver and Sid Wayne April 28, 1960 2:24
    20. "Doin' the Best I Can" (alternate take 9) Doc Pomus and Mort Shuman April 27, 1960 3:17

2012 Follow That Dream release[edit]

Disc 1 Disc 2
    The Original Album
    No.
    Title Length
    1. "Tonight Is So Right for Love" 2:15
    2. "What's She Really Like" 2:19
    3. "Frankfort Special" 2:57
    4. "Wooden Heart" 2:05
    5. "G.I. Blues" 2:41
    6. "Pocketful of Rainbows" 2:36
    7. "Shoppin' Around" 2:24
    8. "Big Boots" 1:33
    9. "Didja' Ever" 2:38
    10. "Blue Suede Shoes" 2:08
    11. "Doin' the Best I Can" 3:16
    12. "Tonight's All Right for Love" (alternate song) 1:26
    Bonus Songs
    No.
    Title Length
    13. "Shoppin' Around" (version #1) 2:17
    14. "Frankfort Special" (fast version) 2:19
    15. "Big Boots" (fast version) 1:22
    16. "Pocketful of Rainbows" (version #1, take 12) 2:26
    17. "Pocketful of Rainbows" (version #1, take 12) 2:26
    18. "Big Boots" (medium tempo version) 1:04
    First Takes
    No.
    Title Length
    19. "Tonight Is So Right for Love" (Barcarolle from The Tales Of Hoffman, instrumental) 2:18
    20. "Tonight Is So Right for Love" (takes 1-2) 3:07
    21. "What's She Really Like" (takes 1-5) 6:25
    22. "Frankfort Special" (fast version takes 1-2) 3:48
    23. "Wooden Heart" (take 1) 2:13
    24. "Pocketful of Rainbows" (version #1, takes 1-2) 4:52
    25. "Shoppin' Around" (version #1, take 1) 2:34
    26. "Big Boots" (fast version, takes 1-2) 1:48
    27. "Big Boots" (slow version, take 1) 1:39
    28. "Didja' Ever" (take 1) 2:59
    29. "Tonight's All Right for Love" (take 1) 1:24
    30. "Doin' The Best I Can" (takes 1-3) 5:11
    April 27-28 Sessions
    No.
    Title Length
    1. "Pocketful of Rainbows" (version #1, take 3) 2:43
    2. "Shoppin' Around" (instrumental take 4) 1:46
    3. "Shoppin' Around" (version #1, takes 2-4) 3:20
    4. "Shoppin' Around" (version #1, take 5) 2:26
    5. "Doin' The Best I Can" (takes 4-7) 2:23
    6. "Doin' The Best I Can" (takes 8-9) 3:44
    7. "G.I. Blues" (takes 2-4) 3:45
    8. "G.I. Blues" (take 5) 2:43
    9. "Tonight Is So Right for Love" (take 3) 2:30
    10. "Tonight Is So Right for Love" (take 4) 2:36
    11. "Tonight Is So Right for Love" (takes 5-7) 5:28
    12. "Frankfort Special" (fast version, takes 3-7) 6:51
    13. "Frankfort Special" (fast version, take 8) 2:42
    14. "Big Boots" (fast version, take 3) 1:36
    15. "Big Boots" (fast version, take 4) 1:41
    16. "Big Boots" (slow version, takes 2-3) 2:26
    17. "What's She Really Like" (takes 6-7) 3:32
    18. "What's She Really Like" (takes 8-11) 6:10
    19. "What's She Really Like" (takes 12-13) 3:02
    20. "Pocketful of Rainbows" (version #1, takes 4-7) 5:36
    21. "Pocketful of Rainbows" (version #1, take 8) 2:51
    22. "Pocketful of Rainbows" (version #1, take 9) 2:49
    23. "Pocketful of Rainbows" (version #1, take 10) 2:48
    24. "Wooden Heart" (takes 2-4M) 3:53

2013 Café Europa Follow That Dream release[edit]

Disc 1 Disc 2
    Master Takes - Remixed
    No.
    Title Length
    1. "Didja' Ever" (take 2 CO-sp replaced master) 2:54
    2. "Doin' The Best I Can" (take 13/M) 3:32
    3. "G. I. Blues" (take 7/M + insert ending takes 8-10/M) 4:36
    4. "Tonight Is So Right For Love" (takes 10-11/M) 4:16
    5. "What's She Really Like" (takes 17-19/M + insert takes 20-22/M) 8:11
    6. "Blue Suede Shoes" (take 1/M) 2:14
    7. "Wooden Heart" (take 4/M) 2:09
    8. "Shoppin'Around" (remake, takes 6-7/M) 2:57
    9. "Pocketful Of Rainbows" (remake, take 2/M) 2:36
    10. "Frankfort Special" (remake, takes 9-10/M) 4:29
    11. "Tonight's All Right For Love" (take 10/M + insert takes 1-2/M) 3:22
    12. "Big Boots" (slow version, take 4/M) 1:40
    13. "Big Boots" (slow version, remake, insert takes 2-4/M) 1:55
    Outtakes
    No.
    Title Length
    14. "Shoppin' Around" (version 1, takes 6-10) 4:59
    15. "Doin'The Best I Can" (takes 10-12) 4:38
    16. "G.I. Blues" (take 6) 2:47
    17. "Tonight Is So Right For Love" (take 8) 2:30
    18. "Tonight Is So Right For Love" (take 9) 2:29
    19. "Big Boots" (fast version, takes 6-5) 1:40
    20. "What's She Really Like" (takes 14-16) 4:13
    21. "Pocketful Of Rainbows" (version 1, takes 11,13-14) 3:19
    22. "Pocketful Of Rainbows" (version 1, takes 15-16) 3:31
    23. "Pocketful Of Rainbows" (version 1, take 17) 2:50
    Outtakes continues
    No.
    Title Length
    1. "Pocketful Of Rainbows" (version 1, takes 18-20) 6:18
    2. "Pocketful Of Rainbows" (version 1, takes 21-25) 5:04
    3. "Pocketful Of Rainbows" (version 1, takes 26-28) 4:45
    4. "Big Boots" (medium tempo version, take 1) 1:10
    5. "Shoppin' Around" (remake, takes 1-2) 2:47
    6. "Shoppin' Around" (remake, takes 3-5) 3:24
    7. "Pocketful Of Rainbows" (remake, takes 1-3) 4:11
    8. "Frankfort Special" (fast version, takes 9-12/fs + remake takes 1-5) 9:11
    9. "Frankfort Special" (remake, takes 6-8) 5:38
    10. "Tonight's All Right For Love" (takes 2-5) 4:05
    11. "Tonight's All Right For Love" (take 6) 1:27
    12. "Tonight's All Right For Love" (takes 7-8) 2:02
    13. "Tonight's All Right For Love" (takes 9,11,12) 2:46
    14. "Tonight's All Right For Love" (takes 14-15) 2:03
    15. "Tonight's All Right For Love" (takes 16-17) 2:15
    16. "Big Boots" (slow version, remake takes 1-6 + insert take 1) 4:50
    Bonus Tracks
    No.
    Title Length
    17. "Tonight¹s All Right For Love" (Tales from the Vienna Woods, instrumental) 2:26
    18. "Wooden Heart" (Grammafunken Version, instrumental) 1:19
    19. "Whistling Blues" (Instrumental) 3:26
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And so we get to the first of many soundtracks for the sixties. This album has some great songs, but after the stunning Elvis is Back it can't help but be seen as a little underwhelming.
    We have the fantastic title track and also the wonderful Wooden Heart and probably more love songs than one could have expected about a movie themed around soldiers, but Hollywood couldn't help themselves when it came to Elvis, it had to be a romance, because it was Elvis. Therein lies the problem with Elvis acting career, typecast before he even got off the ground with it.

RSteven likes this.
  24. mark winstanley

Tonight Is So Right For Love
    Written By :
    Abner Silver & Sid Wayne

Recorded :

RCA's Studios, Hollywood, April 27-28, 1960 : April 27, 1960. take 11

This track is a moderately uptempo rocky love song. This is Euro-Elvis singing this one in typically brilliant fashion. This track is a very good track and seems closely related to It's Now Or Never. Although I have no idea, the impression I get is that some studio types asked someone to write a song that stylistically used some of the ideas from Its Now Or Never.

RSteven and DirkM like this.
  25. mark winstanley

What's She Really Like?
    Written By :
    Abner Silver & Sid Wayne

Recorded :

RCA's Studios, Hollywood, April 27-28, 1960 : April 28, 1960. take 19 and 22 spliced

This is a clucky little song, that struts gently along.
    These are good songs, well recorded and performed.

RSteven likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.