Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

That pic is gorgeous

2. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

It will go on go a few years more I guess. However the numbers sold are pretty small I would imagine compared to back in the day when folk queued outside stores overnight. I am 60 which my guess is on the younger side of the box buying brigade. None of the folk I know under 50 are interested and none can afford these sets anyway.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I tell you, they are going to have to re-do all of the older Archive sets properly!! ;)

4. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

5. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Hep Alien likes this.
  6. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Good point! A different mix can be possible.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  7. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

Yep, thought the consensus was that we'd wait until the official announcement before starting a new thread. Apparently not. :sigh:

8. gibtti

gibtti Forum Resident

Official news only links to the US store.
    Still no UK/EU link for the big box.....

Chris

GubGub and Oyster Boy like this.
  9. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Do we have any UK sales links yet? Was hoping to get something before I had to go out.

10. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Thanks Chris. I tried as well and got the same thing.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I gotta say, I've never placed a pre-order (and been charged, no less!) prior to the official announcement.

Again, a big thanks to @Marry a Carrot for just sharing the info without any confusing and cryptic hints or teases. I figured you might know something when you said replied that the bundled set might just be a slip case... of course, as you later shared, you didn't know about Wings Over Europe when you wrote that!

I won't be itching or whining about the price. Yeah, it's pretty damn steep. But this is what I've wanted from an Archive edition. These two albums especially have such a dearth of known material that anything less than what we are getting would be a disappointment. I know I'm getting way ahead of it all, but I can only hope that London Town and Back To The Egg will be treated similarly.

IF the double disc Red Rose Speedway is using alternate mixes, one would hope that I Lie Around is still the normal single mix, since it doesn't appear anywhere else. On a similar note, I'm curious now as to what mix we'll be getting for Mama's Little Girl: the previously released mix, which features overdubs done in the 80's, or an unreleased version without such adornments. What will Seaside Woman be like? There is a bootleg of a version as the song was originally, before it was spruced up in 77. And maybe I asked this, but what versions of Tragedy and Night Out will we be getting? I'm not really looking for answers, I should mention. These are all just my reactions and rants. I'll be able to listen for myself and answer 'em all in two months!

Mama's Little Girl (song)

12. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Such time has come! Please continue discussion here:

Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.