Alice Cooper's "Easy Action", "Killer" and "Welcome to my Nightmare" on Rhino coming 1/23/18! *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by If I Can Dream_23, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Excellent news, I love those 3 albums! Depending on the source who mastered them I could be tempted to upgrade the secondhand copies I bought last year.

What I really want is for their B$B vinyl to be reissued!

tinnox and FourWalledWorld like this.
  2. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

It was by Rhino on colored vinyl and is not cheap

3. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I’m in on these :righton:

4. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I know, that’s why we need a £20 reissue of it!

tinnox likes this.
  5. BartK

BartK Forum Resident

I just bought this new red/black vinyl Killer, and I concur that this pressing does not sound that great. Muffled with slightly exaggerated bass when compared to a clean original olive label WB pressing.

tinnox likes this.
  6. Dodgytc

Dodgytc Forum Resident

My replace copy of Easy Action came today from Rhino. Yup, they sent the exact same thing, still plays Killer....
    Killer is now the album I own more copies off than any other, an original, the UK Bellman from a couple of years ago, the Friday Music release and 2 copies with Easy Action covers and labels.
    I really like Easy Action and was looking forward to this after the nice Love It To Death & Pretties reissues.

TC

7. Trace

Trace Senior Member

Yes, I had the same experience with B$B, but I did buy them then flipped them on eBay! I just listed them at auction for what I paid to re-coup my money, then those crazy eBayers did the rest and bid them up to ridiculous prices.

But yes, I too missed out on the Dirty Diamonds reissues, but I'll just have to wait or stream it.

8. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

9. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

Wouldn't be the first time Music On Vinyl has re-issued something either right before, or right after it gets a domestic reissue from someone here in the US. Got to keep in mind they are a company based out of the Netherlands, and thus they have different licesnsing agreements. Technically, their stuff is primarily aimed at the European market, but that doesn't stop them from being imported here. They've also done some of the same titles that Friday Music put out of Alice while he was on Epic Records in the late 80's/early 90's.

Ultimately, it'll come down to how much you want to spend on it, which color vinyl you want, and who will have the better sounding pressing. I've been pretty impressed with just about everything I've gotten from Music On Vinyl, especially as they will often stretch a long album out onto two LPs, so as not to compress it all onto a single platter. However in this case, I think I'll opt for the Rhino release.

10. Stari Vrag

Stari Vrag Well-Known Member

my second replacement copy of my mispressed Killer arrived yesterday.
    And it's actually Killer, yee-ha.
    (first replacement copy of course also played Easy Action).
    Neither sounds particularly good, but I have to give kudos to Rhino for very faithfully reproducing the original cover with the calendar (unlike the inbred imbecilic sodomites who did the Animals reissue.) If you are fan of this album, its worth it just for the new cover. But buy the recent EU Bellman for the sound.

Raysdeathmachine and mestreech like this.
  11. FourWalledWorld

12. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Has anyone been able to compare this release with the Rhino version released today?

tinnox likes this.
  13. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I love MOV releases excellent quality but I heard all the cut out doors on the MOV releases doesn’t open as true to the original release if that means anything to anyone

14. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Just picked up the Rhino release and IMO sounds great. Cut from original analog mastered by Chris Bellman on green/black swirl vinyl.

Porkpie likes this.
  15. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Do you have original pressings to compare them to or are you just giving your impression of these releases?

tinnox likes this.
  16. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I had the original on cassette years ago but it grew feet on me, so the new copy is my replacement

17. FourWalledWorld

Yes, the cut-out doors are just on the front and not on the back on the MOV versions. Can you let us know how the Rhino one is made in that regard?

tinnox likes this.
  18. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

All the cut outs are on the Rhino release.

Ben Adams likes this.
  19. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Yes, the Rhino is a full replica of the original. Even has the openable Quiet Room door. Only difference is catalog number and the colored vinyl.

20. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I saw both versions of From The Inside on WhatCD and the Rhino cover art looks washed out compared to the green of the MOV and original album but it could just be a bad photo. Is it that way physically?

21. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Doesn’t look washed out compared to my original, just slightly not as crisp.

22. FourWalledWorld

Thanks. I just received the new MOV version mid-week (haven't listened to it yet). Perhaps I should have waited! :doh:

23. Mickey2

Mickey2 Forum Resident

Cool. I didn't know that. Mine is '72 I think. I just assumed they were current when first issued, and well, tough luck after that. Of course, one would never know what year was inside when buying it.

24. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the Welcome to my Nightmare reissue with an original pressing? (I’m guessing the new one is from a digital master)

25. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I own both and while the reissue sounds nice it’s the original pressing that I’m reaching for more often. As others have stated of the Cooper reissues Killer was done with the most care and sounds fantastic.

Porkpie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.