AMAZON & getting new relesaes on time ? with Prime ...

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Davidmk5, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Kinda curious if anyone else is having Problems getting new releases on Friday Release day ?

I used to get them in time 99% of the time since Prime started with the Occasional slip up .............

Now the past 4 or 5 weeks my new releases show up 2 - 5 days AFTER the release date even though i ordered it usually a week Prior , it says it will come to me release day then sometimes i get an email with an "Estimated arrival date" or just happne to notice Arrival date now shows at say Tuesday next week .

I got on Chat with them last night & was nice & asked them why this happens to all my Orders now ? The women ASSURES me i'll have this weeks order Tomorrow , seemed like she really didn't have an answer & just wanted to get me off the chat ....
    We'll see tomorrow , so far it now says i'll get my Album nest Wednesday :wave:

I'm just curious if this is all of a sudden happening to everyone ? or is this just what my luck has turned into with them ? :cop:

2. Davidmk5

I too have been buying more from Bullmoose , i called them out last week on the new Elvis costello , ordered it a week prior to release, tuesday i get the message it will not arrive til the Following Wednesday so i got on chat & asked why i no longer get my releases on that day like i used to , the women assured me she would make sure i got the Costello on release date as scheduled , i pointed out to look at it as it said wednesday & she again assured me ........... end of Friday no album & i went back on chat pointed out how i was told it will be there , they blamed it on the Delivery service , assured me they would get me one saturday & gave me 40% off ............ it did come saturday.
    They seem to be seeing what they can get away with ? we'll see this week i have an album already ordered to try again ..... Thanks for the Reply :righton:

3. That is exactly what Amazon is attempting.;)

4. Davidmk5

And i'm guessing if they can get 50% of the people to just roll with it & take stuff "whenever" they make out .......... I have to wonder if once you complain a few times if they Flag it to get you back on the 2 Day delivery schedule ............... time will tell over the next few weeks .

5. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Yep, I have a theory that amazon 'punishes' you if you don't pre-order new releases way in advance. I have pre-ordered new releases a week or so before the release date and I dont get them until two or three days after. But if I place my pre-order a month or so before the date, I get them on release day. Weird.

audiomixer, Davidmk5 and George P like this.
  6. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

Are you saying that Bullmoose was delayed or Amazon?

7. Davidmk5

Amazon is the one delaying & i have Prime ................... so i've been buying more from Bullmoose who is more reliable :righton:

spanky1 and Dave like this.
  8. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

Does BM ship these in time for release day delivery? I've been looking at the upcoming Mark Knopfler release, and ordered it from Amazon. It isn't identified as a release-date delivery, so I'm not expecting it, even though I have prime. I'm a bit unclear on the Bullmoose site. It looks like cheaper shipping may go first class/media mail I can't tell which, but there is a big difference. They will priority ship for $4.99. Still don't know if I'd get it on release day.

9. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

I have been ordering a lot from B Moose lately and the pre-orders usually arrive by Saturday and sometimes on the Friday itself, you can also group your items together (to get the free shipping over $30) as they ship out items as they become available so your order will not be stuck pending on the "new release" item. They also confirmed in an email to me that they give you the lowest price on pre-orders if it drops between the order date and the release date. So IMHO, so far, they have been awesome but as always YMMV, Cheers!

Davidmk5 likes this.
  10. jimi55

jimi55 Forum Resident

My preorder Amazon purchases have been arriving late for me.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  11. Davidmk5

I usually get my new releases the day after on saturday from them , they ship stuff out on thursdays usually .

12. George P

George P Notable Member

I sure hope amazon.com gets me my Dylan More Blood More Tracks DE next Fri. :waiting:

Davidmk5 likes this.
  13. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I just received my new-release Barry White 20th Century albums box set a day ahead of its release date.

Davidmk5 and George P like this.
  14. Davidmk5

I have to say Amazon delivered my new release today on time on release day , so hopefully laying into them a few times changed that & keeps it this way .... this was the 1st on time one in 6 weeks or so .

15. Davidmk5

Well i can say after my two complaints to them ALL my orders are now on time with the Prime 2-day shipping & i'm getting my new releases on release day now :)

16. George P

George P Notable Member

Got my Dylan More Blood, More Tracks DE on release day and got my replacement set the same day I requested it.

Davidmk5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.