Pink Floyd The Wall Live 1980/81 - The Remastered Earls Court Concert on Youtube

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ponkine, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member Thread Starter

Hi all!

Until we get the official Blu Ray at last, this is the best way to experience this historic concerts

Enjoy

[​IMG]

2. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Wow - wonder how long it'll last before its taken down. Looking forward to checking it out at home on a decent system. Thanks for sharing!

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  3. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

Is an official blu-ray likely? If so, when might it come?

Or is a blu-ray just wishful thinking?

4. ponkine

As I've posted before :wave:

Pink Floyd - The Wall Live DVD

this is taken for "Comfortably Numb - A History of The Wall", by our great member Vernon Fitch and Richard Mahon. p244

"... Lamden also edited The Wall concert videos that were shot at Earls Court in August of 1980. These videos were sent to Lamden in Los Angeles for editing right after the concerts, along with soundboard audio recordings of the shows. (...) Despite the problems, Lamden edited together a complete two-hour Wall live video, compiled from all the videos he received. Asked about this Wall video in 2004, Lamden stated 'The video is broadcast quality, and the audio feed, straight from James Guthrie's board, is excellent'.

In 2003, all the Wall films in Roger Waters' possession were documented and archived for Waters by Nick Thompson, a film editor who worked with Waters on his solo live shows. When asked, in August 2004, if there were any plans to release the live Wall films, Waters said 'that could happen. I've been looking at some of the material over the last couple of weeks. It finally appeared out of the midsts of time from mixing and editing suite in Los Angeles and it doesn't look too bad. I think it's quite interesting historical document, so yeah, I think it will definitely become available at some point quite soon

5. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

Thanks for reposting your valuable information.

Unfortunately we know that when Roger Waters says "some point quite soon" that we are probably in for a very long wait :cry:.

I'm sure that many would snap up The Wall Live on blu-ray - even though the picture is only SD it should sound incredible in hi-res (and maybe it would be remixed into 5.1).

DementedAvenger and ponkine like this.
  6. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

Then there is all that film Roger was given after Steve O'Rourke passed away, a sample of this can been seen on the Immersion boxset.

vitorbastos123 likes this.
  7. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Pretty great edit.

ponkine likes this.
  8. oneslip17

oneslip17 Forum Resident

15 long years ago.....

9. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

Wow, can't believe it's been that long...

If he ever does an official release, I just hope Sean and Nigel are nowhere near it!!!

10. They Call Me M

They Call Me M Wall History Nerd

Surprise.... The video has been removed.

For those who saw this video, was it the same as the DVD "Divided We Fall – The Wall Live at Earls Court"?

11. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

More than likely.

They Call Me M likes this.
  12. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Damn. I missed it.

13. stonesfcr

stonesfcr Forum Resident

Any other source??

14. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

If it's the Harvested release Divided We Fall, it's easily obtainable in PF trading circles.

They Call Me M likes this.
  15. ponkine

If they removed the video because and official release it's coming, fine!

But if they removed the video just because, it's the most stupid thing.

16. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Nassau complete. Good quality:

17. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

They were SO GREAT at these shows, damn

Jerry Horne likes this.
  18. ronm

ronm audiofreak

I just watched the youtube video and while the video quality was terrible I was impressed on how close the music was to the original source material.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.