The Walking Dead - Season 9

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by masswriter, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Is she leaving in first half though?

2. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

Yes

3. loudinny

loudinny Forum Resident

The show jumped the shark tank a long way back .....

Michael likes this.
  4. Remington Steele

Remington Steele Forum Resident

Good to see Brett Butler in a big time show again.

Aggie87 and Witchy Woman like this.
  5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

it always rode the shark...

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

7. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

I didn’t know she was going to be on the show...she seemed so familiar and then I figured out who she was. That was some good acting.

8. Was that a plane (former) Garbage Lady saw in the night sky?

9. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

It's likely a helicopter. It has been shown on the show a number of times, but there has never been an clarification for the viewer who's flying it or how it plays into the story.

I'm assuming that Jadis knows more about it than she's letting on since her former garbage dump had a landing pad and in one episode she seemed to be trying to flag it down when her place was going to hell.

genesim likes this.
  10. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

The helicopter is integrated in the new opening credit sequence as well.

snowman872 likes this.
  11. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

I see Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) is in the new sitcom "The Kids Are Alright". And with
    no red hair.....Glad he's gotten a new gig.
    [​IMG]

Kyhl and SomeCallMeTim like this.
  12. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I saw the promo for that and thought to myself. Oh look! Sean Astin has dropped some weight and he is doing a sitcom. Of course, I was wrong. :laugh:

13. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

It's quite bad now, but I keep watching just out of habit ("mythology" shows/books can do that to you - the thing can flat-out suck, but you want to know what happens because of all the time invested).

It's weird - this season doesn't have the look and feel of previous seasons. And it looks much cheaper - it's like they slashed the budget and everything got affected, writing/direction included. Good to see everyone pairing off, though. The dating habits of the main characters is definitely one of the reasons why I've been watching TWD... not.

14. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I think it stands to reason that after war comes complacency.

I know there are some people that want nothing but death, but sometimes one must breathe (especially after all the killing of the last two seasons??!!)...and of course in TWD world peace is fleeting.

I thought the story with Maggie letting the man go was great and I saw nothing cheap with the tree trunk landslide.

Looked like same show to me and it left me wanting more. Never got all this bellyaching. Though it seems to be true for like every show ever in the later seasons.

Now all this said, I think these clowns thst rebel and get people killed should be punished. Rick slipped and I am not sure why. Dude should be put in jail after starting crap once before. Rick is like others I guess...getting soft.

PaperbackBroadstreet likes this.
  15. snowman872

snowman872 Forum Resident

Enjoyed episode two! The struggle to try and maintain cooperation and order with the different factions is interesting to me. Rick seems obsessed with getting Negan's approval, or admit he was wrong. Not fond of Maggie's new leadership style. Also, happy to see Jadis back in the mix. She seems to speak normally now.

genesim and Hall Cat like this.
  16. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I think Maggie is indecisive and that will hurt her in the end. Never let them see you sweat is what I say. The problem is just like a lot of societies, too many cooks in the kitchen.

Always with Jadis it is a survival mechanism. Once there is no one around to care, it falls by the way side and now she has a new survival need.

I am very excited to see how this plays out.

One thing I am looking over today is how the UK edition of season 8 has 4 hours that the US version doesn't have. This is the first time that it is clear that the UK version is the one to get because it has ALL the extras and more.

What a shame that american buyers are switching to stream only crap and basically killing the market for those that want to collect a physical save state. It really is a shame that so many things are online only like the Red Machete webisodes and other ones. The quality sucks online, and more importantly, you never know how long it is going to be there.

Many of the viewers here have obviously not even watched the episodes in full let alone diving deep into the extras that lay out all the sweat they put into this show. This to me gives a much better appreciation for what goes into it. I highly recommend going into all the extras because they are quite simply amazing!

I wish the Talking Dead did get a release in a physical format because there is a lot of great interviews and it is interesting watching the view points develop over the years.

snowman872 likes this.
  17. ukozcd

ukozcd Jedi

I found Episode 1 quite mediocre. I found the singing at the funeral and the lovey dovey relationship between Carol/Ezekiel the main cringeworthy moments....

Still been there from the start so I hope it picks up.... Perhaps time to cull some of the "extras"

18. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I see a lot of criticism about the relationships, but I for one haopy for a break over the sheer mayhem over the last few seasons.

I just marathoned the UK extras on season eight and it still baffles me how there is p much crap flung about it.

There are many great stories and a surprise from first season guest appearance.

The relationships have firm groundwork and have been a long time coming. Carol and the King has been obvious if one has paid attention to earlier clues.

I am sure that it isn't going to stay "lovey/dovey" for long. It is a shame because it would be nice to see Carol happy for even a short bit.

Considering that she has been suicidal and a mess, I don't see the issue at all.

The King's background reveal to her was a great scene in the previous seasons.

19. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Great episode. The blood thirsty are going to get what they wanted.

20. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Well Rick has 2 episodes left.Maybe we`ll have to watch 3 more to find out what happens to him!
    Does Daryl knife him and Maggie puts the crowbar through his head?

21. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

I thought the scene with one of the characters demise was very intense.

It was sad to see. I can sort of understand why, but feel that mercy would have still been the way to go.

Edit-Tried using the spoiler button but not showing correctly.

Hall Cat likes this.
  22. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

It is a nice twist. I hope Rick dies at the hands of saviors and not friends.

I think mercy was the way to go because Gregory is not comparable to a soldier doing a job at the hands of a sociopath.

I think it shows Maggie and Daryl are deficient.

Jadis so annoying....but yet intriguing to me.

PaperbackBroadstreet likes this.
  23. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

I meant last night. I know she did horrible things, but seeing it happen out of focus was more unnerving.

Sadly, no exceptions......

genesim likes this.
  24. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Very telling how far this show has dropped off the radar that not a single comment from the last episode 2 days ago. Yes, the show has gotten fairly terrible, I think this season is better than the last several. Though the previews for next week regarding Rick already has my eyes rolling back in my head.

25. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Not me. I enjoyed the episode a great deal. Discussing here is futile. The hate for this show babble is a waste of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.